What a bell end

Got overtaken by this at top of a long hill, I’d passed him earlier and as I was fully loaded I was slow up the hill. Once he was passed he got a wobble on and was down to 30mph on the downhill side. Very close to wiping me out as I passed him. He had an horrendous sway on as I went by him, his trailer was well over the white line. Why would you load like this? My only guess is sheer laziness. Thought beamish were meant to be a professional moving company?

Only reason I could see for this is that he hasn’t got the keys to the ambulance. I most certainly would not like to travel with the weight on the back like that when there is no need.

UKtramp:
Only reason I could see for this is that he hasn’t got the keys to the ambulance. I most certainly would not like to travel with the weight on the back like that when there is no need.

No, it’s just laziness.

That pic makes me shudder, and the prime mover’s mid lifter is down too just to help it handle superbly :unamused:

One might hope that the van is in fact broken down and had to be left at the back where it could be rolled off at the destination…yes i know that’s clutching at straws :blush:

Juddian:
That pic makes me shudder, and the prime mover’s mid lifter is down too just to help it handle superbly :unamused:

One might hope that the van is in fact broken down and had to be left at the back where it could be rolled off at the destination…yes i know that’s clutching at straws :blush:

You were the person I thought of when I saw this!

Probably braked hard , ambulance up his ■■■ skidded onto trailer , driver Lorry totally oblivious to its even there

I hope you’re going to tell us he pulled into the next layby after doing a Swan Lake to move the van forward either to the front of the trailer, or preferably onto the prime mover?

Muppet!
That’s what’s called learning the hard way!

Juddian:
I hope you’re going to tell us he pulled into the next layby after doing a Swan Lake to move the van forward either to the front of the trailer, or preferably onto the prime mover?

■■■■ knows! I got away from him sharpish. Considered phoning beamish to enquire why they let such fools loose. I’m on a wagon and drag and know that even a ton too much on the back of the drag is horrendous never mind that weight!

That ambulance I bet must weigh at least 4 ton plus with all its trimmings inside. 4ton plus right on the arse of that is asking for stability issues and that’s without it acting as a wind sail on the rear end.

UKtramp:

If he doesn’t have the keys, how did he get it on the trailer? Do transporters have a winch? It still leaves the question, why did he not stick it on the wagon? The answer is obvious. Lazy…

Nice picture whilst driving too. Not the brightest of ideas.

simcor:
Nice picture whilst driving too. Not the brightest of ideas.

I’ll bet you a mars bar that he was the passenger in a left ■■■■■■ when he took that picture. :laughing:

Or a snickers it was his passenger leaning over from the passenger side to take it for him. Or maybe his lap dog is trained to take photos for him.
[emoji2]

simcor:
Or a snickers it was his passenger leaning over from the passenger side to take it for him. Or maybe his lap dog is trained to take photos for him.
[emoji2]

Actually, isn’t it traditional to have your misses on the bunk behind you, lean over your shoulder and take a picture?

Captain Caveman 76:

simcor:
[emoji2]

Actually, isn’t it traditional to have your misses on the bunk behind you, lean over your shoulder and take a picture?

Oh yeah it could be. Silly. Me.

UKtramp:

Agreed. The whole thing would act like a big pendulum in the event of any need to do a sharp brake…

There’s no excuse not to get the load right up front - ever.

Are there vertical safety posts along the sides of loading platform? Maybe the load is too wide to pass them? They should be removable I’d guess? I’m not saying it’s a good reason for loading like that- more what might have happened?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

simcor:
[emoji2]

I’ll bet you a milky way that I couldn’t give a ■■■■ what you think.

Franglais:
Are there vertical safety posts along the sides of loading platform? Maybe the load is too wide to pass them? They should be removable I’d guess? I’m not saying it’s a good reason for loading like that- more what might have happened?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Its a standard width body and though it will be tight, say 3" each side that vehicle should pass through the safety rails no bother, you’ll see lots of the usual 11+ and EHR bodies with 3 twin wheel dropside or full bodies twin wheel transits or other chassis on board, and the full height posts (which this lorry doesn’t have on the trailer cos its a proper van/chassis/motorhome carrier) are narrower than the safety rails anyway, this body is designed for exactly what its carrying…

Even one standard car on the arse end on an empty wag n drag motor makes it feel unstable and once you’ve had one there you don’t do it again, gawd nose what this bloody thing must have been like with the unit wheels barely touching the ground, one can only assume the ambulance was broken down and had to be ratcheted or winched somehow up onto the body, the driver knowing where he was going there would be no help or facilities for dragging it back from the front.