What a bell end

Juddian:

Franglais:
Are there vertical safety posts along the sides of loading platform? Maybe the load is too wide to pass them? They should be removable I’d guess? I’m not saying it’s a good reason for loading like that- more what might have happened?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Its a standard width body and though it will be tight, say 3" each side that vehicle should pass through the safety rails no bother, you’ll see lots of the usual 11+ and EHR bodies with 3 twin wheel dropside or full bodies twin wheel transits or other chassis on board, and the full height posts (which this lorry doesn’t have on the trailer cos its a proper van/chassis/motorhome carrier) are narrower than the safety rails anyway, this body is designed for exactly what its carrying…

Even one standard car on the arse end on an empty wag n drag motor makes it feel unstable and once you’ve had one there you don’t do it again, gawd nose what this bloody thing must have been like with the unit wheels barely touching the ground, one can only assume the ambulance was broken down and had to be ratcheted or winched somehow up onto the body, the driver knowing where he was going there would be no help or facilities for dragging it back from the front.

Thanks for that. Seems we`re trying to find excuses/reasons/explanations for what is a pretty diabolical bit of loading?
Maybe the true answer is the obvious one? Bell End, guilty as charged.

Juddian:
Even one standard car on the arse end on an empty wag n drag motor makes it feel unstable and once you’ve had one there you don’t do it again, gawd nose what this bloody thing must have been like with the unit wheels barely touching the ground, one can only assume the ambulance was broken down and had to be ratcheted or winched somehow up onto the body, the driver knowing where he was going there would be no help or facilities for dragging it back from the front.

Then he should have uncoupled the trailer? Laziness! Worse than a tired/drunk driver IMHO! :wink:

No i’m not trying to find excuses, even the most green or terminally stupid of us once we reached a normal cruising speed and found the vehicle to be uncontrollable, would have pulled up at the first opportunity and asked by phone for advice, then moved the vehicle to the front of the trailer…or have we reached a new low point in the barrel scraping :cry:

Talking of detaching the trailer, arguably bloody lucky it didn’t self detach whilst snaking :open_mouth: :laughing:

Juddian:
No i’m not trying to find excuses, even the most green or terminally stupid of us once we reached a normal cruising speed and found the vehicle to be uncontrollable, would have pulled up at the first opportunity and asked by phone for advice, then moved the vehicle to the front of the trailer…or have we reached a new low point in the barrel scraping :cry:

Talking of detaching the trailer, arguably bloody lucky it didn’t self detach whilst snaking :open_mouth: :laughing:

No, agreed, not trying to find excuses.
Trying to get inside the mind of the driver to see what he can have been thinking of? . . .Echoes in here don`t it?

Captain Caveman 76:

simcor:
Or a snickers it was his passenger leaning over from the passenger side to take it for him. Or maybe his lap dog is trained to take photos for him.
[emoji2]

Actually, isn’t it traditional to have your misses on the bunk behind you, lean over your shoulder and take a picture?

Only when driving a V8 :grimacing:

happysack:

simcor:
Or a snickers it was his passenger leaning over from the passenger side to take it for him. Or maybe his lap dog is trained to take photos for him.
[emoji2]

I’ll bet you a milky way that I couldn’t give a [zb] what you think.

I find it ironic you are calling another driver a bell end when you’re taking pictures on your phone whilst driving a truck just so you could post it on here. Is using a phone whilst driving illegal? Answer yes.

And frankly, I couldn’t care less if you give a ■■■■ what you think, it’s my opinion and it’s a forum everyone is entitled to have an opinion.

simcor:

happysack:

simcor:
[emoji2]

I find it ironic you are calling another driver a bell end when you’re taking pictures on your phone whilst driving a truck just so you could post it on here. Is using a phone whilst driving illegal? Answer yes.

And frankly, I couldn’t care less if you give a [zb] what I think, it’s my opinion and it’s a forum everyone is entitled to have an opinion.

How do you know who took the pictures, or where they were taken from , or what with?
Seems like a lot of assumptions here - maybe they are stills from his dashcam? :unamused:

Toddy2:

simcor:

happysack:

simcor:
[emoji2]

And frankly, I couldn’t care less if you give a [zb] what I think, it’s my opinion and it’s a forum everyone is entitled to have an opinion.

How do you know who took the pictures, or where they were taken from , or what with?
Seems like a lot of assumptions here - maybe they are stills from his dashcam? :unamused:

Really?

The angle it’s taken from does not take a brain of Britain to work it out, also quality too high to be a still from a dashcam in my opinion. I notice the OP has not confirmed or denied either scenario so make of that what you will.

Like I said I couldn’t give a flying ■■■■ what you think. I wasn’t the complete ■■■■■ who was taking a virtually undrivable out on a motorway.

Just curious. Ever heard of a go pro?

happysack:
Like I said I couldn’t give a flying [zb] what you think. I wasn’t the complete ■■■■■ who was taking a virtually undrivable out on a motorway.

Of course, I have heard of a go pro, so it was taken from a go pro attached to your head then was it that you wear all day whilst driving?

If it was then why not say that in the first place or admit you used your phone if you did. And yes I d o agree the guy was a total ■■■■■ for taking that motor out on the road, in the same vein though maybe there was a reason why it had to be like that and there was no other choice, admittedly if that was the case he should not have continued the journey with it like that.

It’s all about perspective and opinions.

simcor:

happysack:
Like I said I couldn’t give a flying [zb] what you think. I wasn’t the complete ■■■■■ who was taking a virtually undrivable out on a motorway.

Of course, I have heard of a go pro, so it was taken from a go pro attached to your head then was it that you wear all day whilst driving?

If it was then why not say that in the first place or admit you used your phone if you did. And yes I d o agree the guy was a total ■■■■■ for taking that motor out on the road, in the same vein though maybe there was a reason why it had to be like that and there was no other choice, admittedly if that was the case he should not have continued the journey with it like that.

It’s all about perspective and opinions.

Yes i just been snow boarding while wearing my head cam and forgot to take it off. It also comes in handy for POV videos on x hamster.

Just as I was about to pull out of Anandale water this afternoon, this guy pulled up next to me

badly loaded.jpg

That looks like a recipe for disaster.

Christ frosty fella, I hope your passenger took that while you were in the toilets at McDonalds. Some right sensitive souls on here.

Whatever way you look at it, that is some seriously stupid loading. No excuses…the driver should have refused to take it…
You don’t need to be a professor of physics to see that that truck could have caused a serious accident.

happysack:
Christ frosty fella, I hope your passenger took that while you were in the toilets at McDonalds. Some right sensitive souls on here.

I take it that’s a dig at me? I’m not a sensitive soul at all. It just amazes me so many so called professional drivers do stupid things like taking pictures whilst they are driving. There no shot from inside his truck so one would assume he was parked when he took it. Carry on pal do what you like just keep dragging us all down to the people the general public perceive us to be.

simcor:

happysack:

I take it that’s a dig at me? I’m not a sensitive soul at all. It just amazes me so many so called professional drivers do stupid things like taking pictures whilst they are driving. There no shot from inside his truck so one would assume he was parked when he took it. Carry on pal do what you like just keep dragging us all down to the people the general public perceive us to be.

No it wasn’t a dig at you. You aren’t that special.

The-Snowman:
Just as I was about to pull out of Anandale water this afternoon, this guy pulled up next to me

I see this quite regularly these days. It appears any idiot can drive these transporters, hence the recent proposals from VOSA that even under 3.5 tonnes should require operators licenses. Once more the minority’s spoil it for the majority.