Who still smokes in the cab?

Snowflakes, snowflakes every bloody where … :slight_smile:

Typicak vegans. Trying to preach.

raymundo:
Snowflakes, snowflakes every bloody where … :slight_smile:

You should be at home, yer Ginger Tom’s missing you. :smiley:

Unfortunately I am very anti-smoking. The smell makes me gag. When I eventually make the transition into truck driving and get a job, I very much hope I dont get a cab that’s been smoked in or I’ll be kicking off big time. It is illeagle and shouldnt be happening. Sorry but I feel very strongly about this.

Jasesonix:
Unfortunately I am very anti-smoking. The smell makes me gag. When I eventually make the transition into truck driving and get a job, I very much hope I dont get a cab that’s been smoked in or I’ll be kicking off big time. It is illeagle and shouldnt be happening. Sorry but I feel very strongly about this.

At least wait till any trial periods over … then you can go for it as much as you want ! Don’t ■■■■ them off too early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jasesonix:

I’m confident…

That over the years in this industry, you’ll find an old smoky cab the least of things to ■■■■■ about. I’d get your feet firmly in the front door before you start moaning about the front room wallpaper so to speak.

No, I’m not a smoker.

dcgpx:

Jasesonix:

At least wait till any trial periods over … then you can go for it as much as you want ! Don’t ■■■■ them off too early

You think he’s gonna last that long :smiley:

Jasesonix:

I used to smoke but packed up a couple of years ago, so as an ex-smoker I should by rights be the most fanatical about smokers but as an agency driver I often get given a truck to drive which is normally driven by a smoker who is on holiday or somesuch and to be honest you can only notice the smell for the first minute or two. After that, it becomes like living next to a railway line, where you just don’t hear the trains after the first one or two.

dcgpx:

Jasesonix:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I agree with you there, im not as daft as I might sound lol.

Jack-knife:

dcgpx:

Jasesonix:

You think he’s gonna last that long :smiley:

Hey Jack-knife, please, be kind. Im 46 years old and been working in catering since I left school, I can handle most sh.t lol. I ain’t going to scampering off into a corner to have a little cry, I plan on being around for a long time. …will he last that long? Indeed. :smiley:

Jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire and we all know there’s no smoke without fire.
Sorry couldn’t resist
:laughing:

cgscott:
My pet hate is people smoking whilst i eat.

Someone said to me the other day “What’s your pet hate?” so I said “She hates it when I stick my finger up her arse”.

Is that narrow boat of yours horse drawn then? :laughing:

Jasesonix:

I aint ‘‘anti smoking’’ as such by any means, I’ve knocked around with a lad for 30+ yrs who is a heavy smoker, I’m only anti smoking if it is done in my house’ truck car etc.
I would also be ■■■■■■ like you if handed a stinking motor, and would refuse it (and have done in the past) where as you are a newbie… Ok, that does not stop you refusing to take it, and rightly so, but maybe a bit more tact, diplomacy, and politeness will maybe have a better reception that gets results than actually ‘‘kicking off big time’’ as you put it given your newbie status.

All valid points, thankyou :smiley:

Jasesonix:

Maybe grow a zappa grade moustache,apply appropriate,colognes,parfum…instant nosegay.ingenuity man.

…orrrr. The smokers can just abide by the law and stop smoking in the cabs!!! :angry:

I had been thinking of going down the vaping route tbh, but I don’t have that urge now as I prefer real smoking, and as I pay £2.25 a -packet ( genuine Rothmans ) i also save a lot of cash, but also on reading an in-depth report recently about vaping it stated that a vaper has more chance of a heart attack, or stroke and other health-related issues, than a conventional smoker, so I normally give a wry grin when out and about smoking, and spotting a vaper leaving his huge cloud of smoke/vapor behind as he walks.

btw, Those who complain about others smoking in their truck, would they mind if a vaper did it in their vehicle…just curious, as the smell of the fruit juices get to me after a bit, rather sickly tbh.

truckyboy:
btw, Those who complain about others smoking in their truck, would they mind if a vaper did it in their vehicle…just curious, as the smell of the fruit juices get to me after a bit, rather sickly tbh.

Well said in my opinion they are all ■■■■■■■. Help smoke is in my safe place!!!

truckyboy:
I had been thinking of going down the vaping route tbh, but I don’t have that urge now as I prefer real smoking, and as I pay £2.25 a -packet ( genuine Rothmans ) i also save a lot of cash, but also on reading an in-depth report recently about vaping it stated that a vaper has more chance of a heart attack, or stroke and other health-related issues, than a conventional smoker, so I normally give a wry grin when out and about smoking, and spotting a vaper leaving his huge cloud of smoke/vapor behind as he walks.

I would hazard a guess that trad ■■■■ contain significantly more cardio threatening ingredients than simple vapour old bean.Depends which batch of corporate controlled “scientists” you choose to believe ultimately,I don’t kid myself that vapeing is without hazards but vape juice,as far as I’m aware doesn’t include upwards of a thousand separate goodies,including formaldehyde etc,it doesn’t coat the lungs in thick treacly tar,in fact the glycerol which constitutes vape juice,is processed by the body as food and consequently is expelled as such.No brainer really.