Smoking in cab

Personally I don’t smoke I find it a horrible habit; worst of all I hate getting into a smokers motor and everywhere stinks of smoke, what’s your thoughts?

I never used to mind it, but just recently I’ve really started noticing it and yes, it does bother me a bit. Fortunately, neither I, nor the guy who usually has the unit on days, smokes.

My thought are that I cannot abide non-smokers.

I find them pious, prissy, self-righteous and holier-than-thou. They never have a story to tell and are generally repulsively obese. I would never employ one.

:stuck_out_tongue:

a cab is a place of work and therefore illegal to smoke in it.

No one should smoke in their cab, however we all know that that smoker smell does follow them wherever they go, so even if they don’t smoke in a cab then it can still smell of smoke.

personally I live with a smoker so it isn’t a bother to me but a fresh smelling cab/car is nice to get into.

Depends. Some smokers are thoughtful. When I smoked, I thought nothing of sparking up in other motors.

However, if any of us ever had a night out on the sauce, someone would always comment that they didn’t know I smoked, despite the fact that I’d probably smoked in their motor.

Always cleaned up any flakes of ■■■ ash that had drifted about, and carried a big eff-off can of air freshener around with me.

Even folks that had driven my motor were convinced I was a non-smoker. And I was a proper, full on chain smoker.

TJ82:
a cab is a place of work and therefore illegal to smoke in it.

It’s not illegal to smoke in my cab.

[/quote]

I’d say I’ve never left a cab in a worse state than I got into it

PPH posted on this subject Feb 1st. Quite a few responses there, but ive never done a link to a previous post & dont yet know how to. :confused:

Harry Monk:

I find them pious, prissy, self-righteous and holier-than-thou. They never have a story to tell and are generally repulsively obese. I would never employ one.

Oh well that’s me out the equation then.

bald bloke:

Harry Monk:

Well,obviously I wasn’t referring to you of course. You’d be welcomed anytime!

Does Vaping count?

Never had any complaints that the motor smells of cola cubes or custard…

DONT ASK, If you haven’t tried it, you wouldn’t understand

trubster:
Does Vaping count?

Never had any complaints that the motor smells of cola cubes or custard…

DONT ASK, If you haven’t tried it, you wouldn’t understand

I believe vaping is banned by many companies, presumably because it vaguely resembles smoking.

I smoke, but if I didn’t I’d prefer it to the stale manky smell of sweaty socks on the dash or the spilt milk old coffee etc or the well sat in ■■■■■ that only come out of the seat on the hottest days!!
It’s like pubs we have to go outside for a smoke so mr and mrs jobsworth can eat there food in lingering cheap aftershave, BO and urine. Bring on the summer I find nothing better than sitting in the middle of a beer garden chain smoking!!! Just me?

I smoked from the time I was fourteen until fifty-seven starting with Players’ Bachelor (remember them?) and winding up on the best part of an ounce of Old Holborn a day in my roll-ups. Personally I could never understand what all the fuss was about.
Then I gave it up after a bit of a health scare.
I have to say that in all those years I never realised just how much I and my environment stank. It’s not until you stop smoking that you appreciate other people’s point of view. I find it really embarrassing to think what other folks must have thought of me and my habit.
But I don’t mind anyone else smoking- just keep well away from me!

Not “holier than thou”, just sweeter-smelling! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Harry Monk:

bald bloke:

Harry Monk:

Well,obviously I wasn’t referring to you of course. You’d be welcomed anytime!

That’s allright then otherwise you’d have a got a dig in the ribs the next time we met :smiley:

bald bloke:
That’s allright then otherwise you’d have a got a dig in the ribs the next time we met :smiley:

That’s 'cos as a smoker you’d be able to see Harrys ribs. :smiley:

If I can’t smoke in it I won’t be driving it.

With air freshners and a good hoovering regularly you can’t tell (boss didn’t know I smoked for the first 4 weeks I worked for him despite driving my motor for a few days and me driving his)

I think it’s almost impossible to hide the smell of ■■■■, I think I can always smell a motor that’s been smoked in…

I used to enjoy my roll ups, and in fact still do enjoy the occasional one. But I couldn’t go back to being a full time smoker. I really don’t like the smell of stale smoke now, although I have no problems with someone actually smoking near me.

I smoke like a chimney and I’ve never had any issues with my cab smelling of smoke as I always crack the window open, always have a decent air freshener and I clean the windows and around the door often.

I do have lungs like a 90yr old and tinitus in my left ear from the wind noise caused by the window being partially open, but my cab never smelled bad :laughing: