Smoking in cab

What trubster said.

Seriously guys, even if you’ve been a die hard smoker for years, GIVE VAPING A GO :slight_smile: It’ll take a couple of days to get used to losing the habit of picking up a ■■■ but the hit you get is as good as (if not stronger than) a proper ■■■. And within a week or two, you’ll start to notice big improvements in how you feel as well. And no more subconscious worrying about the next jobsworth who’s ready to report your cab smelling very mildly of smoke.

I’m no namby pamby - I swore I’d never be able to give up and I tried everything, but vaping genuinely is just as good if not better than smoking. The best thing I can analogise it to is sheesha, but with the nicotine hit of smoking, and without waking up with a cesspit chest every morning.

I really wish people would just try it before discarding the idea because of all the stop smoking aids I’ve tried that have undoubtedly failed for others, vaping not only stopped me smoking but allowed (allows) me to continue enjoying getting my nicotine hit. No rolling, no expensive real ■■■■, it costs about 30p a day on average in re-fill fluid and you can just pick it up, press a button and puff away. Battery will last a good 24 hours even if you’re dragging on it continuously. It will last two days if you smoke it like you’d smoke 20-30 ■■■■ a day, so don’t worry about that. You can charge it by USB, so can charge it from cigarette lighter in cab/from computer/USB adapter, whereveer.

To those smoking ■■■■, THINK ABOUT IT! :sunglasses:

newmercman:
I smoke like a chimney and I’ve never had any issues with my cab smelling of smoke…

You won’t be able to smell it though because you smoke like a chimney.

I’m an ex-smoker converted to vaping and I never realised how much smoking stinks until I quit. You really start to notice it once you’ve been off them for a while. I can smell a smoker from 100 yards now, even if they haven’t smoked in an hour.

I bet your cab smells like a stale ashtray to anybody who doesn’t smoke.

Smoking outside the cab and then putting smelly unwashed hands all over everything is my pet hate. Twenty minutes driving and my hands stink as well.

Hiya a chap who i worked with would get through 80 a day (we had nights out he’d sit puffing away like a train)
we would park side by side a shout through the windows. i’d say that’ll kill you. he’d start puffing away filling
the cab with smoke. (this chap was in his 60,s) one time he had a newer lorry i was asked if i would do a
night out in Scotland with his old lorry. i said yes if i can give it a good clean.i tilted the cab half way covered
the drivers seat with a polythene bag then got the jet wash on hot in the cab. the dark brown bonnet carpet
was orange when i’d got it clean. i found 150 ■■■ packets under the seats and under bunk. now that’s going to far.
any how he’s still alive after another 12 years and still puffing away. i go and visit him sometime,
when i get home my lady say,s you’ve been to visit Hank have you. get changed you stink
John

waddy640:
Smoking outside the cab and then putting smelly unwashed hands all over everything is my pet hate. Twenty minutes driving and my hands stink as well.

Is that any worse than some driver coughing and sneezing all over the steering wheel then picking their nose or visiting the loo and not washing their hands, then transferring the offending body fluids and worse to all the controls?
BTW I’m one of those “Good-guy” ex-smokers. :slight_smile:

Bless Harry, he loves the Tabs. Is that sign really in you cab H?

Harry Monk:
My thought are that I cannot abide non-smokers.

I find them pious, prissy, self-righteous and holier-than-thou. They never have a story to tell and are generally repulsively obese. I would never employ one.

:stuck_out_tongue:

+1

I’m a non smoker but I have to say it doesn’t bother me. Its like going into some khazi’s - I cant stand the smell but you cant ban sh ing can you?! :wink:

I always clean the steering wheel with a few wet wipes, you would be amazed how filthy the average seering wheel gets. But the cigarette smell still gets on my hands.
I don’t it is fair where units are not assigned to specific drivers. But I choose to drive the trucks so can’t complain.

Solly:

waddy640:

Is that any worse than some driver coughing and sneezing all over the steering wheel then picking their nose or visiting the loo and not washing their hands, then transferring the offending body fluids and worse to all the controls?
BTW I’m one of those “Good-guy” ex-smokers. :slight_smile:

Same here, they hate us because they have to pay more duty on their ■■■■ to make up for what the government lose from us.

Vaping sounds a good idea, but ill only try if i can flick the ash over the dash, must admit i get great pleisure from that, so i think ill have to keep on smoking real ■■■■. The problem with being in a truck is the urge to smoke, and those who chain smoke cant be after stopping every 10 miles just to light up at the side of the road, so its easier to smoke, and the chance of getting caught are almost zero, the only way the boss knows is when someone is grassed up by a fellow driver. So heres the plan, i bought one of those electronic ones, and smoked it in the yard, i even asked management if it would be ok to smoke it ion an RDC, anyway, when one of the grasses told management of the smell of smoke in his cab ( god those drivers would never have lasted in the old days) and god forbid the smog ) so when i got called in, just showed them the electronic one. Talking of electronics, is that false advertising saying you can use them on a plane, a bus, etc, when in fact you cant, but i dont know why. anyway, i suppose i better go now ive wound a few up. :laughing:

that vaping lark is a load of bollox.you`re still hooked on a ■■■■■ little drug that is controling you.

i had 2 days on a vaping stick…and thought “■■■■ it” and went cold turkey.

it`s the only way.

I stopped when I was ready to, like Commonrail I just … stopped one day. No patches, no gum, nothing. If you’re truly ready to stop smoking it’s easy.

You two don’t get it.

Vaping isn’t a way to help you stop consuming nicotine; it’s a way to improve how you consume your nicotine.

Contraflow:
You two don’t get it.

Vaping isn’t a way to help you stop consuming nicotine; it’s a way to improve how you consume your nicotine.

Fair point, we were just wandering off topic a bit. :slight_smile:

Contraflow:
You two don’t get it.

why not go one better…and banish nicotine from your life altogether?

Because I like it.

Do you drink alcohol, commonrail?

you dont like it..its just the drug tricking you into thinking you like it.

yes i drink beer

commonrail:
yes i drink beer

…and do you like it?

…or is it just the drug tricking you into thinking you like it?

:open_mouth:

watched a programme about smoking a while back, there was a doctor on there saying nicotine is actually a very useful drug, but unfortunately with a very bad delivery method!

captain62:
watched a programme about smoking a while back, there was a doctor on there saying nicotine is actually a very useful drug…

Both of my grandfathers lived to the ripe old age of 88.

One smoked, albeit moderately, and worked until two weeks before he died.

The other drank, albeit moderately, and spent the last fifteen years of his life in an almost vegetative state.

What that means I don’t know… but maybe you gave up the wrong drug, commonrail?