Who still smokes in the cab?

My night guy smokes,he denies hes doing it but after my shift my hands stink of cigarettes from the steering wheel.

manalishi:
Smoked my last tab 12 months to this day.Thank god for vaping.Takes a while to master the fundamentals of the craft but boy do I love it.It’s easy to get bamboozled by the hipster merchants,who are deft at emptying the wallets of newbie vapers,but I’d deffo say the games worth the candle when you’re finally up and running with the right kit.

For me its banana custard all the way,Gaffers of Yorkshire vapers firm sell good ranges on ebay at half the shop prices,bloody lovely.The stench of ■■■ smoke seriously makes me nauseous these days.

I’ve been vaping for 5 or 6 years, maybe more! I’m a sucker for creamy vanilla flavours so I’ve just ordered some of that off eBay. As you say, when going into these hipster high street shops it’s easy to get mugged. I’ve got a shop local to my work yard that has a good range and doesn’t rip me off. Just replaced my ageing kangertech device with a smok mag and the tfv12 tank…it’s awesome!

adam277:

the maoster:
I do.

Prepare for righteous judgement.
I’ve drawn him out Guys! Smite this evil villan.

Yup, that’s me. Whilst I’m unburdening myself I’ll hold my hands up to sometimes creeping over the speed limit! A heinous act that is arguably far more likely to result in someone’s death than a man jumping in my motor 24 hours after I parked it up after having a ciggie. :smiley:

manalishi:
Smoked my last tab 12 months to this day.Thank god for vaping.Takes a while to master the fundamentals of the craft but boy do I love it.It’s easy to get bamboozled by the hipster merchants,who are deft at emptying the wallets of newbie vapers,but I’d deffo say the games worth the candle when you’re finally up and running with the right kit.

For me its banana custard all the way,Gaffers of Yorkshire vapers firm sell good ranges on ebay at half the shop prices,bloody lovely.The stench of ■■■ smoke seriously makes me nauseous these days.

Well, I am seriously thinking of going the vape route, mebbe you could put together a guide on how not to get ripped off?

steviespain:
Well, I am seriously thinking of going the vape route, mebbe you could put together a guide on how not to get ripped off?

Simples, go to B & M …

steviespain:

Just buy a simple device to start off with, I have an Aspire K3 which does the job and is about £25 on ebay, then 10mm juices are normally 3 for £10. Experiment until you find the ones you like.

I`ve got a couple who smoke in the cab, one of them does a mini valet when he finishes his week, as we use the trucks over the weekend, and the other just leaves it like a stinking tip, which nobody wants to drive whilst he is off :blush:

Not too sure whether that`s the plan ?..but it still goes out, I just make sure its a fellow potential stroke victim who gets the gig.

Funnily enough, he wants to go onto a 4 on 4 off rota, but nobody will share a cab with him :blush:

steviespain:

manalishi:

Pleasure.Started myself with k4 Aspire pens,simple “learner” devices,thence needing fuller flavour hits,I now brandish a hefty vapresso_clipper that gives 80 watts of power,essential for fuller flavours.The tanks a falcon and coils are Aspire Cleitos at 4 quid a pop.Still very much learning the mysteries of the craft but feel I’m heading the right way after considerable expense and mucho trial and error.
The more flamboyant flavours,pink lemonade etc I tend to avoid in favour of the creamier,custardy side of things tbh,but a good menthol/blackcurrant is a welcome change and palate freshener.The nico shots that are added to the mix can’t by law be mixed with the shop bought main liquids,although many ignore this,but once it’s added a vigorous shake is needed to mix them together otherwise the nicotine will sit on the top and give a harsh blast to the throat when firing the device.3 mg nico shots are the most popular with most,depending on your previous cigarette habits.
I always buy the bigger 100 ml fluids from Yorkshire Vapers “Gaffer” range…tenner a pop,they’re asking 20 nicker at the vape shops near me :open_mouth:
It’s a seriously enjoyable pastime and a real game changer in terms of dumping the cancer sticks.Enjoy stout yeoman.

I do.
I’m the only one who drives the lorry.

I always smoked in the cab, ban or no ban…just opened the window a bit…cant stand vaping, i did try,but more expensive…my daughter vapes, and it smells like a blackcurrant farm…and cant see past the smoke ha ha but never smoke indoors…go outside to a smoke shelter.

I did smoke B&H in the cab for years then I went over to rollies, its not easy rolling your own cigs while eating fish n chips and reading the News of the world and using the telephone and texting on an ipad all at the same time with the telly on while driving its bloody dangerous I can tell you, I had many heart stopping moments on the road. :laughing:

I do if its my unit. If its shared i would on long distance but freshen it up before i left it for other driver regardless if he smokes or not.

I respect the fact that some people absolutely detest smoking but it is a choice.

My pet hate is people smoking whilst i eat.

Used to work on the roads with a tar squad and my co used to have a burger in one hand and a ■■■ in other.

Disgusting isnt the word!

I smoke in the cab. I always freshen it up for next driver.

Had one drivers mate used to eat his lunch and smoke at same time. Said he was used to it.

Absolute disgusting.

cgscott:

Absolute disgusting.

How do you ‘‘freshen it up’’ exactly.
Unless it’s with a ■■■■ flame thrower a non smoker will ALWAYS smell it…Fact.
If he’s anything like me will be totally ■■■■■■ off, as much as you are with your ‘‘pet hate’’.

robroy:

cgscott:

Absolute disgusting.

Unless it’s with a [zb] flame thrower a non smoker will ALWAYS smell it…Fact.
If he’s anything like me will be totally ■■■■■■ off, as much as you are with your ‘‘pet hate’’.

If i know he will be ■■■■■■ off or if he told me not to the night/datly before id leave a ■■■■ on his bed to mask the smell. See which one he prefers.

cgscott:

robroy:

cgscott:

Absolute disgusting.

Unless it’s with a [zb] flame thrower a non smoker will ALWAYS smell it…Fact.

If i know he will be ■■■■■■ off or if he told me not to the night/datly before id leave a [zb] on his bed to mask the smell. See which one he prefers.

Both as bad as each other mate imo. :bulb:
Call me whatever …or question my macho masculinity if you feel the need but…I ■■■■ hate it in a truck, and nowadays would refuse to drive it in fact.

If its distance work im doing i smoke. If it was jobbing multi drop plenty tome to stop for a smoke.

Such a ■■■■■ Rob.

I cab hop and the other day I jumped in a cab with ■■■■ bottles and a cheese bake stuffed in the door compartment.

Did I complain? Of course not free food and drink. :grimacing:

On a side note this happens quite often on supermarket work people often leave bottles of ■■■■ and bits of food in the cab. Its disgusting. Particularly if it is warm food or fish or even yoghurt.
A lot of the Romanian/Polish guys also have a nasty habit of using the compartments near the radio and the door compartment to spit their seeds Into.
Don’t know why seeds are so popular amongst eastern Europeans but it’s very hard not to find a truck that hasn’t got bits of sunflower seeds shells or remnants of other shells spat into some cubby hole.

adam277:
Such a ■■■■■ Rob.

I cab hop and the other day I jumped in a cab with ■■■■ bottles and a cheese bake stuffed in the door compartment.

Did I complain? Of course not free food and drink. :grimacing:

Quality :laughing: :laughing:

cgscott:

Had one drivers mate used to eat his lunch and smoke at same time. Said he was used to it.

Absolute disgusting.

Your wrong “freshening it up” does not work with a non smoker,it may smell ok to you,■■■ or PIPE smoke gets everywhere and you can smell it on your clothes and hands when you get out of motor thats been smoked in