Which OS?

Android Xperia X3 and Ubuntu on 2 laptops and a desktop. Haven’t used windoze for about 3 years now and don’t miss it at all.

BossHogg:
I have Windows 7 on my desktop, Windows 8 on my phone and Windows 10 on my laptop, I also have an Android tablet. I’m renewing my phone in February, I’m getting a Windows 10 phone with a free Windows 10 tablet. :wink:

All change, I now have a new desktop, a new phone, a new tablet and the old laptop all running Windows 10. :wink:

BossHogg:

BossHogg:
I have Windows 7 on my desktop, Windows 8 on my phone and Windows 10 on my laptop, I also have an Android tablet. I’m renewing my phone in February, I’m getting a Windows 10 phone with a free Windows 10 tablet. :wink:

All change, I now have a new desktop, a new phone, a new tablet and the old laptop all running Windows 10. :wink:

If you’ve got kids look at the family settings all most pc and xbox settings go to the phone aa long as they sign in to it with the microsoft account you ve set up on the pc

We’ve only got the youngest who’s nearly 19 left at home, no need for parental control. :wink:

Could put it on just to wind them up. For instance you can set screen time to get more time they have to ask for it via email

To be honest, he knows more about computers than I’ll ever know - that’s the computer generation for you. :wink:

Linux Rocks

Linux Mint 18 “Sarah” MATE released!

Linux Mint 18 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2021.

It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use.

New features:

This new version of Linux Mint contains many improvements.

For an overview of the new features please visit:
blog.linuxmint.com/

Research for article -
which, if any, of the following platforms do you use for personal and/or business in-cab communications?

im looking at my phone upgrade which is due in a few months, now everyone rattles on about the i phone but as ive never had an i phone im trying to keep my options open and not follow like a sheep. ive been reading up and i reckon the htc desire hd is the way to go and thats an andriod.

The reason people rattle about iPhone is it is the dogs ■■■■■■■■ the best the others can do is mimic it. Though android does look promising but my google G1 was a pile of pooh.

Isn’t a symbian one of those things that women sit on■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Rob K:
Isn’t a symbian one of those things that women sit on■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

yup, and i’ve got a video of a nokia that does the same job but i canny post it here :laughing: :laughing:

The Windows OS on my HTC HD2 is as tempremental as a Windows PC. I hear the new Windows 7 Mobile is much better though. Still, I think at upgrade time I’ll be looking at Android and Blackberry as the GF has an iPhone and it may be full of apps but I’m not all that interested in getting one. HTC is a great quality phone. Just go for the bigger ones as the screen quality is a million times better.

Blackberry Curve 9300 and 16GB Playbook

I use a laptop in the cab

BUT, I use an android phone to create my mobile AP (access point) to access the internet.

They’re still being developed (as was Linux…) but the android phones are a pretty good alternative to the iphone without all the comprimise …

As much as I respect Apple for the 1st home computer, I really don’t like them, had a Creative Jukebox a LONG time before the IPOD was dreamt up (and an mp3 walkman a long time before that, used to play mp3’s off a cd).

Always had PC’s instead of Apple computers, just more flexible.

So, when it came to phones, Android was the way for me rather that iPhone.