Which OS?

Samsung Galaxy Ace running Android 2.3(Gingetbread)

Fedora on laptop

iPhone 4 and iPad 1, definately an apple convert.

My next home desktop will be Apple too.

I use mainly OSX but also Vista on my Laptop and Window 6 on my Phone

i use a ipad 2 16gb 3g used to have the ipad 1 64gb 3g …i never had more than 10gb used on it and until yesterday ive always had a blackberry …just got the new nokia lumina 800 …so far it seems good…august just gone …i treated my self to a imac …cost a grand and i can honestly say its the best computer i have ever had …i adore it …sounds a bit sad but they are really that much better than a windows machine

Got an iMac for Christmas. Love it. Worked straight out of the box.

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.121300,-1.307747

Hoping to try and get a write-up and howto about this soon online, if anybody would be interested.

I’m currently working on version 3 of my “cab-mate”, essentially it’s an old ■■■■ computer that’ll do most things you need.

music/video, phone/answerphone (skype, asterisk or any other VoIP solution), TV, sat-nav (dog’s ■■■■■■■■ sat-nav), or whatever you like. Also acts as a wireless router so you can have a laptop on-board too.

Just uses a 15" monitor at the moment because I’m still developing it, but hoping to use a 7" - 12" touch screen when I actually get a lorry to try it out in.

For anybody a bit technical: it also acts as a webserver giving it’s GPS location on a little map provided by google’s maps API, and theoretically you could have your own tracking/call/drive-ETA system for next to nothing.

I’m using gentoo linux (gentoo.org), it’s a version of linux for freaks, but again, if you’re a bit technical and want to learn more about how a computer works, I can’t recommmend it enough.

Would also love to hear any suggestions from folks about what useful things it could do, litterally anything, ■■■■, online betting, whatever floats your boat, it’s no different from an iPhone/iPad, just that being in a lorry you can power a £20 used PC with a USB dongle to do it all.

jessicas dad:
im looking at my phone upgrade which is due in a few months, now everyone rattles on about the i phone but as ive never had an i phone im trying to keep my options open and not follow like a sheep. ive been reading up and i reckon the htc desire hd is the way to go and thats an andriod.

ive got an htc wildefire and its bob ob the only thing with all these smart phones if u have the internet on and use the apps a lot its hammers the batery

OSX
In Autumn comes OSX 10.8 out with Features useing,known alredy from ios used in iPhone

Sorry,commin in Summer.
The Version,out now, is not for sell

Up until last week I was on I phone 3 32gb on O2 paying £63 per month on contract but everything was unlimited, data, texts and cross network minutes. My contract was up for renewal/upgrade. I checked my previous bills as to how many cross network minutes I was using and it turned out about 400 a month out of a total 1500 minutes where cross network the rest being to other O2 mobiles. O2 used to give you free O2-O2 calls as part of your package but stopped them a while ago. I contacted them explainging I needed to lower my monthly package costs and managed to get it down to £37 a month for 900 cross network minutes, unlimited texts and 500mbs of data AND they gave me the unlimited O2-O2 calls as well. On top of that I got the very latest Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone running on the very latest Android 4.01 system free of charge. In comparison to the I phone I am not sure yet as I am still getting used to the different OS but the Nexus wins hands down on 2 main features for me and that is the screen size is huge compared to the I phone which makes using the free built in Sat Nav a lot easier and the sat nav on the Nexus is a proper sat nat that actually speaks the route rather than just showing the route on the I phone.

Paul

Just given in to the Apple hype. After running a Sony Xperia X10 running on their modified form of Android for two years, being driven nuts by it’s crap ergonomics, I’ve gone to the dark side. I’m using an Apple iPhone 4S and I’ve bought an iPad2 for the missus. Both products are great. When I’m away I tend to use the phone most frequently, but in the evenings I tend to use a Windows7 laptop, with the iPhone as a mobile router for online data access. When the laptop is up for renewal, I’m not sure where to go. I’m too used to Windows, even if it isn’t the best…

■■■■ apple is a big pile of ■■■. Samsung galaxy s 2 has almost doubled the sales of the i4s, ANDROID ALL THE WAY!

Android on phone and Linux on netbook

Currently I’m on an iPhone 4s as most of my business applications ate on there I was offered android but won’t go near it as to many security issues previously I was on windows phone and may start to use it again as the iPhone it too big a data hog and too slow at doing simple things like Facebook soviet may become touch 4s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve just ditched my iPhone for a Nokia Lumia 800 with Windows. I’m a big fan of Apple but I just got a bit bored of the iPhone. Nothing about Android made me want one and the Android phones are just the usual boring black generic slabs. One thing Nokia could always do is design beautiful hardware and now paired with the striking and great looking Windows OS they could be on to a winner if the phone shops start pushing it. In happy with my choice so far, social media integration is brilliant and its beautifully designed. The iPhone beats it on web browsing though and the amount of apps. But I’ve never been a big app user and I won’t be giving up my iPad anytime soon. All round its a really good phone, I hope it does well as I’ve always had a soft spot for Nokia

Loved my lumina for all of 2 days when m missus thought my jeans was washin and put them in the wash …can ya guess what was in the pocket …no insurance either was gutted

It’s expensive but three iPhones later I swear by insurance

Well I’ve ditched the ipad and gone back to a laptop…bought a Toshiba and the missus has bought me a blackberry playbook they was 400 wehen first released now the 16gb is 170…im well impressed with it

I use a BlackBerry 9800 Torch, the one with a slide out keyboard.
It’s a bit slow on internet browsing, but other than that it’s fine. It seems a good solidly built phone. It’s great for texting, making phone calls, doing faceache on (if a bit slow), playing patience. I can get google maps on it, it’ll play music through my truck radio, even the torch is pretty good as is it’s camera. So it does everything I want it to perfectly well.
There isn’t such a wide range of apps for it as there is for the iPhone though.

It isn’t a slim ■■■■ fashion item, its designed and sold as a business phone.
Do I care? Not a jot! I’m not a slim ■■■■ fashion item either :astonished:
I don’t want something that can’t put up with some hard knocks. I’m a clumsy great oaf, its going to get some hard knocks.
I’m due a phone upgrade on my contract near the end of this year. I’m planning on getting the 9810, which is the same phone with a faster chip.
That’s how much I like this phone.

I’ve got Windows XP Pro on my laptop, but I haven’t switched that on for months.

Apple is over priced for the performance it offers, and, I hate the fact it won’t communicate with anything that isn’t Apple, without a lot of fuss and hassle. My other half couldn’t wait to get an iPhone 4 and now she’s got it she hates it, it keeps dropping bluetooth connection and echoes when it is connected. She preferred her old Nokia! She wants a Samsung Galaxy like mine instead now. :laughing:

I use a laptop occasionally but as I tend to drive part time, I can easily manage with the Samsung phone.

I got a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone last weekend with the latest Android Jelly Bean OS running on it. I must admit I am seriously impressed with it, very easy to use and loads more apps than apple that are free.