Tablet

Having just returned from a fraught time at the supermarket, I thought I’d ask the question about which tablet you lot have. My old iPhone 3gs with it’s broken screen has done me well but when trying to use the internet, it is a bit of a job. I dont want to go out and spend silly money and certainly the iPad seems to fall into this category but I noted there were some for sale which had a 9 inch screen and looked ok.

I’ve got a 7" Samsung galaxy tab2 nice bit of kit but its not on a network so WI-FI only.
My son has a HP slate and its a pile of ■■■

^^^^
I really only want it to be able to look at the internet at home instead of having to sit at the computer so it does not need to be that complex. I take it that you just use it for the www?

judging on what you want it for, after reading some reviews lately, i’d look at the google nexus.
i’ve got a samsung galaxy 2, 10 inch, cracking bit of kit. £250 at the start of the year, prob cheaper now.

chilistrucker:
judging on what you want it for, after reading some reviews lately, i’d look at the google nexus.
i’ve got a samsung galaxy 2, 10 inch, cracking bit of kit. £250 at the start of the year, prob cheaper now.

That’s not a phone though is it? :blush: Tesco seem to be doing them at £120

m1cks:
I’ve got a 7" Samsung galaxy tab2 nice bit of kit but its not on a network so WI-FI only.
My son has a HP slate and its a pile of ■■■

+1

the galaxy tab is a great little device.

Do they have an email programe in them or do you have to use webmail?

Lusk:
Do they have an email programe in them or do you have to use webmail?

they have email programs, depends on who your email provider is.

Then again, when you first set up the tablet (android ones at least, which the galaxy is) you get asked if you want to setup a new gmail account.

You won’t go wrong with a Nexus, but you will need wi-fi or the ability to tether your phone. It does have a email programme, as all Android devices come with one, but again wi-fi / tethering will be required.

steelgoon:
You won’t go wrong with a Nexus, but you will need wi-fi or the ability to tether your phone. It does have a email programme, as all Android devices come with one, but again wi-fi / tethering will be required.

Cheers, will only use it at home in wifi environment.

Google nexus 7 mines great I take it work with music podcasts and movies on for when I get held up or on a night out great for surfing the net at home and the latest version is meant to be better than mine.

I take them for headaches.
Or am I missing something?

gickniff:
Google nexus 7 mines great I take it work with music podcasts and movies on for when I get held up or on a night out great for surfing the net at home and the latest version is meant to be better than mine.

Agree, for the money, the Nexus 7 can’t be beat.

That said, I have an ipad and the wealth of apps and iTunes content is second to none, but getting stuff on it is a pain as you have to use iTunes.

Apparently the Tesco Hudl is a good little gadget for what you are looking for, and of you have Clubcard vouchers you can boost them and get it for £60.

Ipad.

Turn on personal hotpsot on my iphone and pair it up with the ipad. Then watch sky sports, films whatever i want when i park up.

Can’t beat it, beats the days i had to have a tv in the cab and struggle getting a tv signal.

stuh:
Ipad.

Turn on personal hotpsot on my iphone and pair it up with the ipad. Then watch sky sports, films whatever i want when i park up.

Can’t beat it, beats the days i had to have a tv in the cab and struggle getting a tv signal.

But do they justify the money mate…?

As I’ve said before. Go big or go home. iPad might be dearer but it’s twice the device that any other tablet I’ve tried is

Hewlett Packard.

I have an Asus Transformer pad, 10inch screen which also docks into a keyboard if u want it too, around £300 PcWorld online.

switchlogic:
Apparently the Tesco Hudl is a good little gadget for what you are looking for, and of you have Clubcard vouchers you can boost them and get it for £60.

I’ve got a Hudl which I bought for £60-worth vouchers. Not having had any sort of tablet previously, I was a bit of a novice, but I have to say it was easy to set up and get running and I am impressed. I can stream vids from Netflix (other sites are available), or download them to the device beforehand if I know that I won’t have wi-fi, read the papers, email, use it as a sat-nav, just about everything I need, plus there are loads of android apps to do whatever I can think of (and many things i hadn’t thought of). It won’t replace my PC, but all in all, it’s pretty good.Well worth the vouchers, all of which were acquired through getting diesel for the company truck, so it didn’t really cost me anything, as we don’t shop in Toscos.