Which best Motorway Service/truckstop in only European!

I wonder, which your favourite or best truckstop and Motorway Service Station ? only Europe not in Great Britian.

Biggest parking space ?

Excellent food and factilies ?

Good shop and good sercuity safe area ?

Cheers Betz :wink:

Too many good ones to choose a real favourite although the Nobis Truckstop in Asten, Holland is one of mine.

In germany, i find just about every autohof v.good - lots of parking etc. my favourite though is junc 53 off the A5. In summer this place is fantastic as there is a massive lake which is used by everyone to go swimming. As mentioned before, Asten is quite good. In Spain, Simba by Nules is good and in Italy Campogaliano or Carisio are well equiped with facilities for trucks and drivers.

has to be gieselwind in germany and spain its “upstairs downstairs” at nules :smiling_imp:

I agree,the nobis truckstop in asten is one of the best. :unamused:

In Spain it has to be Cambrils for food and only 5 mins walk to the beach

I Agree that Cambrils is excellent

Another good stop in Spain is “FREDS” in Madrid near C.T. Coslada, although his old place has been shut down he now has a newer restaurant with good showers, secure parking is a 5 minute walk away or you can park for free just down the road 200 metres (not secure)
You will not often find Fred there now as he also has a restaurant on the N1 Km24.100 on a service area and he is usualy working there

the food at Fred’s on NI 24.1k is excellent

Several good ones I try to frequent including…

E411 J27 at Neufchateau in Belgium,better food,better toilets and better showers than Habay.

A1 J64 Vechta in Germany,Rasthof Oldenburger Munsterland.Excellent food,free showers (and plenty of them).

A1 Deurningen in Holland (can’t remember junction number) Frans Op Den Bult Truckstop.Excellent everything.

I could probably list more of the ones that I wouldn’t recommend,and they’re all in the UK!

Keith

KW:
Several good ones I try to frequent including…

E411 J27 at Neufchateau in Belgium,better food,better toilets and better showers than Habay.

That is a very good one, I use it as well and can only agree with everything you say. I also prefer it over Haybay as less British drivers use it. :wink:

In germany i like giesilwind and the aral at ziesar just west of berlin. :slight_smile:

In italy i like campogalliano (great fun and typically italian). :smiley:

In spain i like cambrils (do they still do the eat all you like buffet?). :stuck_out_tongue:

In Holland i like asten(love the chicken satay and chips). :sunglasses:

I also quite like meer. :wink:

In France i buy bread and cheese and drink wine cos i cannot stand the undercooked over rated french “cuisine” (poncy rubbish most of it). Fois gras is disgusting. :imp: :imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
:imp:

devon boy:
In germany i like giesilwind and the aral at ziesar just west of berlin. :slight_smile:

In italy i like campogalliano (great fun and typically italian). :smiley:

In spain i like cambrils (do they still do the eat all you like buffet?). :stuck_out_tongue:

In Holland i like asten(love the chicken satay and chips). :sunglasses:

I also quite like meer. :wink:

In France i buy bread and cheese and drink wine cos i cannot stand the undercooked over rated french “cuisine” (poncy rubbish most of it). Fois gras is disgusting. :imp: :imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
:imp:

Devon Boy,
Each to his own but one of the main reasons I came to live in France was the food and especially the standard of cooking at the real “routiers”, not the M/W stops and Centre Routiers, although some of the latter are good.

Favourites? Difficult, so many to choose from but
“Les Trois Moulins” on the the crest of the hill on the N137 at St. Leger between Pons and Saintes. Was excellent until change of owner last year but still very good.
“Chez Moustache” about 19k east of Tulle on the N89. Fantastic set piece 5-courser.
“Chez Mimi” (I think) Just off the N12 near Morlaix on the D785. Amazing sea food.

I see very few English drivers at these places, all on the autoroutes I expect, which explains why so many think they don’t like French food. They haven’t tasted it! You’ve got to get onto the National Routes.

Salut, David.

BondiTram:
Each to his own but one of the main reasons I came to live in France was the food and especially the standard of cooking at the real “routiers”, not the M/W stops and Centre Routiers, although some of the latter are good.

I see very few English drivers at these places, all on the autoroutes I expect, which explains why so many think they don’t like French food. They haven’t tasted it! You’ve got to get onto the National Routes.

Salut, David.

Couldn’t agree more. The ‘real’ routiers offer great food and great value and it is easy to stop at the best ones, just pick the ones with plenty of French trucks parked out side and they will be the best.

The motorway services in the UK don’t give a good impression of UK food and I believe that applies for most countries.