Designing a new linear High Security Truck Stop

Designing a new linear High Security Overnight Truck Stop need views whats a good idea and prices?

All comments please.

It would be good to see something that works well for you put into action elsewhere.

best thing to do is go on a trip with one of the fellas on here that does germany visit some autohofs and base your truckstop on that and your onto a winner imo germany has the best truckstops in europe my other favourite was the tankwash in lokeren belgium :wink:

Carl certainly has the right idea.

Take a trip to Geiselwind. Take a trip to Deggendorf. or even to Nobis at Asten to see how they are run.
For a modern run autohof which charges for parking, you could also try the Autohof Salzbergen near Rheine which has a full size washroom and laundry services.

As these are a few of my favourites, any autohof will give you the idea.

WiFi access is required and any TV that is on contract to show football 24/7 should be destroyed.

Actually any European truckstop will put the very best in Britain to shame.

Just remember if you are doing this to make money from drivers, you will be dissapointed because drivers get subsistence to pay for food, laundry and the inconvenience of not seeing their families for a week or more. They should not spend their subsistance money to park the bosses truck

One of the best Truckstops in the UK is (IMO) The Stockyard.
On Hellaby Ind Est, off J1 of the M18.

Another good one is Truckhaven at Carnforth. J35 of the M6.

A visit to either, or both, of these would give you some very good pointers.

i parked overnight at oxford on thursday night, that is probably one of the better ones i have been to, there was actually green space to sit and also seats inside if you want to watch the news or something.and free showers which was good.

though the allowence we get should be for us and not for paying to park the truck. i dunno what other folk get but i only get £25 a night and at £22.50 a time to park im not left with much.

gogzy:
i parked overnight at oxford on thursday night, that is probably one of the better ones i have been to, there was actually green space to sit and also seats inside if you want to watch the news or something.and free showers which was good.

though the allowence we get should be for us and not for paying to park the truck. i dunno what other folk get but i only get £25 a night and at £22.50 a time to park im not left with much.

Oxford Truckstop? Never heard of it. Did you mean Oxford Services.

£25 Night out surely is for your being away from home to pay for meals, phone etc…Parking the truck is NOT part of that money and parking should be reimbursed by the company on top of your “night out allowance”

ossie:

gogzy:

£25 Night out surely is for your being away from home to pay for meals, phone etc…Parking the truck is NOT part of that money and parking should be reimbursed by the company on top of your “night out allowance”

yea it was at the services, yea i wish it was that way but being with an agency its not, you get treated like crap tbh. the parking fee did include an £8 meal ticket but even so i could only use it at the crappy reastraunt inside which tbh doesnt serve great food.

gogzy:

ossie:

gogzy:

yea it was at the services, yea i wish it was that way but being with an agency its not, you get treated like crap tbh. the parking fee did include an £8 meal ticket but even so i could only use it at the crappy reastraunt inside which tbh doesnt serve great food.

The agency or company would not get the keys back till they paid me, or the truck would be parked with a wheel clamp on it.

These parking incentives are a rip off anyway, an 8 pound meal voucher is hardly enough to get a coffee and a piece of cake

Wheel Nut:

gogzy:

ossie:

gogzy:

The agency or company would not get the keys back till they paid me, or the truck would be parked with a wheel clamp on it.

These parking incentives are a rip off anyway, an 8 pound meal voucher is hardly enough to get a coffee and a piece of cake

its ok i got a parking ticket at one of the services ont he way down to slough because i couldnt find the parking attendant and it was like 2am and i had been up since 7am so by the time i got back to the cab i feel asleep and woke up to a ticket, the guy didnt even bother to wake me up even tho i was clearly visable in the cab.

yea i know you dont get very much for 8 quid. im glad i took a bowl and some cereal with me though lol.

gogzy:
yea i wish it was that way but being with an agency its not, you get treated like crap tbh. the parking fee did include an £8 meal ticket but even so i could only use it at the crappy reastraunt inside which tbh doesnt serve great food.

i think they are taking the urine!

you need to point out to the company you are driving for that if they dont pay parking then you aint parking in so called secure parking and there is a very good possibility of fuel getting nicked or curtains slashed(if using curtains). if they still refuse to pay then dont use secure parking for a few days. just go to the services for your 45 for your shower and so on.

achhh hes got a nice wee surprise stuck on the inside of the windscreen, parking ticket from those lot at cherwell services lol.

yea i was in a flatbed with a 17000 litre oil tank on the back, so quite big and prob worth a fair wee bit in scrap. plus ill never sleep in a layby at the side of a road for more than 45 mins so overnight paring at services is a must, if they wont pay for parking then ill just keep getting tickets for them, will cost them more in the long run lol

its just a bit difficult with me only being 22 i get soo much {zb} from companies who think i cant do this or that when clearly i can, i mean i turned up somewhere to drive a 7.5 and got ask who said you can drive 7.5 tonners?

i said to him * well the back of my licence says i can drive anything up to 32 ton thats rigid* though he took my licence away and phoned the police and everything. didnt work for him after that though.

the local council has been one of 2 companies that ive done lots of work for who have treated me well since day one of going there though, palmer and harvey is another company aswell (surprising i know)

gogzy:
the local council has been one of 2 companies that ive done lots of work for who have treated me well since day one of going there though, palmer and harvey is another company aswell (surprising i know)

ive always found palmer harvey ok to work for. not a single problem with them, they dont chase you and as long as you warn them early enough if you cant make all the drops they are cool about.

some other companies could take note

Giblsa:

gogzy:

ive always found palmer harvey ok to work for. not a single problem with them, they dont chase you and as long as you warn them early enough if you cant make all the drops they are cool about.

some other companies could take note

im lucky im always double manned with palmer and harvey cause some of their runs take over 3 hours to get to the first drop so i never need to worry bout getting there.tho the shifts are long sometimes im always happy enough being there,

worst company i worked for was bibby distribution, just treated like crap and when i did get a parking ticket because i was told i had to make the drop that day and since i had no time left and was in central london i ended up with a very expensive parking ticket which they sent me back and told me i had to pay as it was my responsibility. told the agency where to stick any work from them.

gogzy:

I was trying to explain to mrs b today all most truckers want is somewhere safe to park over night with clean toilet/showers. Every thing else is a bonus