Truckstops/parking areas

how about people adding their own personal favourites of places to park in europe. :smiley: :smiley:

anywhere there arenā€™t any brits usually :sunglasses:

1 Like

thats very usefull jj

Geiselwynd was always a favourite for me.

BP at Meer was ok for the beer and laundry

Anywhere in Berlin is brilliant :stuck_out_tongue:

Avoid the Mistral or Footballers like the plague

Avoid Campogalliano (sweetie)

Weekends in France can be bleak as many places are closed so you are restricted to the cabbage patch or Macon really, Roye is OK, the village is better.

And finally The Hotel National in Beograd, probably flattened now along with the chinese embassy :stuck_out_tongue:

Italy - Carisio, Ok. Good showers. Also good truckwash onsite(although pricey at 65eur - but they take dkv) and a bloke in a caravan who fixs and fits cbs.
Dormoletto? (not sure if iā€™ve spelt it right) but itā€™s north of Novara by a big lake. Found it by accident last year. A few Dutch trucks were parked there so I joined them. 100 m from quiet beach. Bar, Restaurant, Hotel nearby.
Campo - itā€™s ok if your stuck, but as mentioned before to be avoided if possible- unless you like the smell of wee everywhere.

Spain La Jonqera - nuff said. Zona Franca, Barcelona - lots of parking in this big ind est and only a cheap taxi ride away from the middle of Barcelona. Also very good restaurant nearby

Germany - I find just about every autohof pretty good.

Holland - Asten

Belgium - Oostkamp. I know a lot of drivers avoid parking in Belgium, especially anywhere thats looks like you might be on the way to Calais, but Iā€™ve had a kip there a couple of times and had no problems. There are good showers at the Total serice station on the ring road around oostkamp.

Had to find somewhere to park at 2.30 tuesday morning everywhere was full,parked up just south of lyon in the truck park but doudled parked and had to move at 5.00amā– ā– ?

here are a few more

Hamm-Untreop-- BAB-A2

Diemelstadtā€“BABā€“A44

Gollhofenā€“BABā€“A7

Austria

Haag A1
Entrance from the
autobah in the direction
heading to VIenna ONLY
this is a ROSENBERGER

St Pollton A1
approachable from
both sides of the motorway
A Rosenberger stop
excellent, plus join the truckers club
its free and you get some good
bargins

Hi,
Here is a link to a 90 pages brochure with parking from all over Europe and beyond:

iru.org/index/bookshop-display-action?id=167

Hope you find usefulā€¦

Keep on truking

Exit 27 of the E411,Neufchateau,Belgium.The food,toilets and showers are far superior to Habay and itā€™s never overflowing with Britā€™s.

Another favourite,though I havenā€™t been in there for some time,is on the A1 in Germany.Exit 64 Vechta,and the Rasthof Oldenburger Munsterland.Free showers and excellent food.

kw have you been in the routiers on the n4 towards martelange? i`ve not been in myself but it always looks very busy(which is normally a good sign aint it :smiley: ).
i found most of the autohofs excellent, rheinbollen on the a61 is always crammed full, i like the one on the a5 towards basel(cant remember the name, sorry :blush: ). sinsheim is also a good one with the museum next door. they make alconbury/rugby etc look like something from the third world dont they!!

If ever your running to Naples then a must stop is Francoā€™s at Capua, great food with friendly service, good showers and early call if you ask when you arrive. Can you stiil park in bus station at Lloret de Mar? Great option if late out of Barca. I agree about Carisio however the Piccadily at Santhia was a little quieter ( less diesel chugging brits in bar). Favourite in Germany was the shell Autohof at Schwietenkirchen between Ingolstadt and Munich. And finally Poland The hotel Sweet at Pniewy, between Poznan and Warsaw.

Exit 27 of the E411,Neufchateau,Belgium.The food,toilets and showers are far superior to Habay and itā€™s never overflowing with Britā€™s.

It will be now! :stuck_out_tongue:

I hate Belgium with a passion cos I spent so long there, but there are some decent night stops off the beaten track. It is a bit like uk, local knowledge helps.

Got to agree Keith, junction 27 is far superior to Habay but I fear you have let the secret out of the bag. :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Got to agree Keith, junction 27 is far superior to Habay but I fear you have let the secret out of the bag. :smiley: :smiley:

I agree j27 is a lot better.

But surely he has not let nothing out of the bag.
BECAUSE;

Not many people are going abroad.
e.g. Anyone passed by Birds depot recently and seen how much is parked up.ā– ā– ?

Dā€™OH!!! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

For Germany I like Sinsheim, and Pfaffenhofen but any Autohof is ok
For Belgium i like Lokeren, also I often park in the village of Overisje near Brussels
For France, Macon is ok for weekends, but most small routiers on a week day
For Spain, Cambrils, Vicktors and Freds in Coslada, but most Hostels on the national roads are good value for money.
for Portugal the ā€œtruckstopā€ at Pombal on the IC 1 or the Town hall car park at Albufeira
For Italy Carisio
For Holland, Asten
For Switzerland, Muttenz or Port Franc

Ben9:

Coffeeholic:

I agree j27 is a lot better.

But surely he has not let nothing out of the bag.
BECAUSE;

Not many people are going abroad.
e.g. Anyone passed by Birds depot recently and seen how much is parked up.ā– ā– ?

nothing wrong with the beer and food in habay.
i never knew about the other truckstop.

as for birds.i have noticed that as well.
a lot of them parked in the yard as you go down the m5

Thereā€™s a stop on the old border guard outpost on the A4 at Eisenach thatā€™s pretty good. Showers were great, nice and clean and powerful. Relatively quiet location. Wifi in the hotel/restaurant area. I think itā€™s owned by Lomo but I canā€™t say I paid that much attention, I was more fascinated by the guard towers and lights still left up.

el gordo 78:
Thereā€™s a stop on the old border guard outpost on the A4 at Eisenach thatā€™s pretty good. Showers were great, nice and clean and powerful. Relatively quiet location. Wifi in the hotel/restaurant area. I think itā€™s owned by Lomo but I canā€™t say I paid that much attention, I was more fascinated by the guard towers and lights still left up.

You are right it is a LOMO and worth looking at the old towers.

cluses in france is a regular stop of mine on way to/from italy and when in italy its arluno for milan or orbassano for turin. capua is good but never get past pavia these days :angry: