What's your last working day before Christmas?

My guess would be milk collections from farms.
[/quote]
Ah, of course! I forgot they work 365days.

My last day at work was the 8th and I’m back on the 28th :slight_smile:

Saturday the 23rd and back in the 27th

Thursday 21st. Back in Jan 2nd.

Nice.

Friday 22nd until Weds 27th. May get stood down on rotation between Christmas and New Year as therell be like 100 drivers to share the small amount of work we do get

I finished last Friday, and I’m currently on holiday in Fuerteventura where it’s around 20’C, however there’s bedlam atm with dozens of women going nuts because the tv signal has died in the middle of showing the strictly come dancing final.

I’d best get another beer from the bar … and think about when to redon the limp after Xmas

Captain Caveman 76:
…So, what’s your last shift before Christmas?

The way our place is going, it could be this coming Monday! :open_mouth:

23rd only because I have a days holiday to use…
roll on Easter :confused:

Think we are tying the boat up that I’m on now on the 22nd then a nice little 587 mile drive home until the 16th Jan.

Fri 22nd night (finish early hours Sat 23rd). Back in Jan 2nd night.

Weds, possibly thurs. Three drops Portugal and for the first time in a long while run back empty…

Friday. Back in on Weds, to avoid taking holiday. Need to save that to take wifey somewhere nice for her birthday in March. Thinking Big Apple might be fun…
Well, that was the plan before I took a new job starting Mon 8th Jan. Conversations will ensue…

Days holiday tomorrow (Monday) then shunting Tuesday until Saturday, so at least I’m spared doing battle with the hordes in their overloaded cars venturing out for their yearly drive on the big roads!

Depends on how the run works out, but I`ll probably be finishing Thursday eve.

Could be some ultra-urgent load for collection on Friday I suppose?
Ultra-urgent, critical, must-have, emergency, time-sensitive, are words that appear around Christmas time relating to transport of perfectly ordinary products that aren`t at all urgent, critical etc etc.

Humbug!

working Monday to Saturday this week.but if i do the IoW run on Saturday,could be struggling to get back for the Birthday meal my daughter has arranged for Sunday lunchtime!

raymundo:
Think we are tying the boat up that I’m on now on the 22nd then a nice little 587 mile drive home until the 16th Jan.

Hell Ray , where are you tying up , top of Scotland ? Dave

I finish on Friday but I might work from home (last drove four years ago) :laughing:

rigsby:

raymundo:

Hell Ray , where are you tying up , top of Scotland ? Dave

No Fingeringhoe near Colchester but I live near Elgin which is at the top of Scotland, or near enough …

Fingeringhoe has no end of possibilities… :laughing:

Saturday morning I think, 23rd.