When do you finish for Christmas hols

Just started this thread to gloat btw… :smiley:
I’ve got one more Wed to Sat shift next week, then finish next Saturday 17 Dec, until first Wednesday in new year,.4th Jan, so over 2 weeks off. :sunglasses:

Spend first week taking it easy, chilling out, my eldest lad is also off, he’s offered to get breakfasts in one day, also got a shopping trip one day (with dinner out ) planned with my two girls and their kids,…while wife at work :smiley: ,So will need to save up for that one. :smiley:

Few nights out with mates, a couple with the wife, then get Christmas in with still another week off to go.
Bring it on looking forward to it, trucking can ■■■■ off . :laughing:

What’s everybody else doing?

That’s nice dear. [emoji2955]

Finish Friday morning 23rd Dec. Off sat as it’s my normal rest day and holiday booked for Xmas day as we are closed. It’s either a days holiday taken or work an extra shift so would mean working Friday night and can’t be arsed with that. There would be an extra 100 quid for working an extra day but I prefer to not spend too much time at work.

Back in on Monday night as per normal.

Joys of working for a supermarket logistics company as everyone wants to buy crap right up until the last minute yet plead poverty they can’t heat their homes.

So basically a normal 2 nights off for me.

Mind I don’t really bother about Xmas tbh so it doesn’t really faze me. And I’m not a drinker either so that doesn’t faze me either.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Meant to be finishing Xmas eve approx lunchtime but things are so quiet can see us finishing about Wednesday 21st .
My plans out with the wife next Saturday afternoon for a few beers and a bite to eat be home by 7 wife not really a drinker but will have a few . Don’t mind being home by 7 before the idiots start fighting each other .
Xmas day meal with daughter, sister in law and nieces .
Boxing Day football with my 2 grown up lads and back to ours for a few .
Wife and daughter back to work on 28th leaving me home to chill for the rest of the week . Back to work on the 3rd .
Off up to Liverpool on the 6th for the weekend to watch Peter Kay , then off to Tenerife on the 28th for a week - well that’s my months life mapped out.

4on4off on the milk. Cows don’t celebrate Christmas, apparently. I have the full house this year, Christmas, boxing day, and new years day.

Well that’s a hard one as it could be a total finish and start a new job in the new year :open_mouth:
Friday 23rd through till the 3rd jan

Friday 23rd December, then we’re closed until 3rd January. I’d sooner be working to be honest, I only work six months a year, the Christmas break just eats into my holiday entitlement and I’ll be bored senseless by the Tuesday. I’d sooner have the time off in the Summer.

I always keep 2 weeks for Xmas. Being on nights half the first week is usually a write off anyway as you adjust to more normal hours.

Finish 12 noon 23rd Dec and go back 5th Jan. Save 5 days holiday every year to cover it. Our place shuts down over xmas every year and I appreciate the time with my family.

Welwyn:
Finish 12 noon 23rd Dec and go back 5th Jan. Save 5 days holiday every year to cover it. Our place shuts down over xmas every year and I appreciate the time with my family.

That was the reason I’ve always took long Christmas hols, a bit of quality time with the wife and kids at the build up to Christmas.
Kids are all grown up now, but I’ve still just kinda kept it up.

Some say they get bored at home and rather be at work driving, which is a bit sad assed imo,.(unless of course you are on your own,) .where as I can’t get enough time at home after spending so long away in the past.

Third week off since finished for Xmas,might work Xmas eve,usual grand shift on rail job as it’s just five minutes down road at regents canal,back second week of new year,joy of being self employed in plant game

robroy:
Just started this thread to gloat btw… :smiley:

What’s everybody else doing?

4pm on Xmas eve is when I finish. Luckily Sunday Monday are my days off as I have zero holiday left. I’m with Harry, holidays are for the summer. Had enough of winter already.

We close down down on Friday 23rd and reopen January 3rd. I usually grumble that Id rather take my time off in the summer when the days are longer and warmer and can do more, more come the 23rd I will be making sure that day is as short as possible and get done with relief that I have dont have to get up so ■■■■ early for a week or 2

i don’t work Friday’s…unless they are desperate (or Monday’s)…so,finish on Thursday 22nd…back on Tues 27th,which i believe is time and a half,work the 28th and 29th…but we’re all in on New Years Eve as our Customer demands (Retail doncha know) which is peeing off a lot of driver’s,as we have stores in Weymouth,Bournemouth,Cramlington and Kent etc. from Leicester. going to be a few ringing in sick i’d imagine :laughing:

23rd Dec - 3rd Jan for us. Be a good break, off to Scotland on Boxing Day, back New Years Day too. It’ll be an interesting drive if this weather doesn’t give it a rest! :smiley:

So this year I’ve got from 9/12 - 3/1 [emoji2] I have cheated though and used a weeks holiday and then my paternity leave kicks in at the end of the week. First Christmas off in 15 years although I can’t see it being filled with sleep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m probably ahead of you all, I didn’t work at all last week (the joys of agency work, or lack of) and I’m currently poolside at a hotel in Fuertaventura till Saturday 17th where it’s currently a steady 24’., I doubt that I’ll be doing any more work this year, and I’m certainly not interested in working between Christmas Eve & New Year’s Day. After that I may be stacking shelves in Tesco :laughing: :laughing:

We finish on the 23rd December, back in on the 3rd January, we have to keep 3 days annual leave for that…

Today, after reading this thread I enquired about having the Wed, Thu, Fri off, only to be told that them days had been fully booked since January! Wtf?

Half a day on the 23rd and back in on the 3rd Jan, time at home , can’t beat it

Finish 23rd back in 28th - 30th then off till 3rd.

Usually a very easy 3 days between Christmas and New Year.