Working over Christmas?

Anyone working over Christmas or do you have a couple of weeks off? I’m in on the 24th then off until the 3rd.

Just having Christmas Day and Boxing day off, and I’d work those for the right money.

I’m off 25th, 26th and 27th which I’m happy with especially as I work for a supermarket.

Harry Monk:
Just having Christmas Day and Boxing day off, and I’d work those for the right money.

You miserable old git :laughing:

Harry Monk:

As much as I like the time off, if the pay packets right i cant turn it down.

Got 3 weeks hols to use by March so decided to take 2 weeks off so next Friday last day.

4 on 4 off but this year my shift pattern falls so I’m off Xmas and New Year, not that I care because the kids are grown up and I [zb]ing hate the ridiculous advertising circus Xmas has become and I’m in no way religious and I also dislike turkey and barely drink, so what exactly am I meant to be celebrating anyway?

I’m agency so as much as possible. Kids grown-up so not bothered about Christmas, probably get chocolates & socks again

Shall be making merry,from the Friday before…till the first working day of 2019.

I get at least2 weeks but we get days in owed from averaging more than 48 a week, given back to us at Christmas. Last year I had about 3 weeks off I seem to recall.
I’m not a big fan of Christmas but I do like the time off over it so sticking to the construction industry is my only option.

Even though im full time its a struggle to predict 2 days ahead let alone weeks away. Last year the only days off were xmas/boxing day/new years day.

commonrail:
Shall be making merry,from the Friday before…till the first working day of 2019.

At least you will have 3 weeks of regular weekly rests -
17 - 23 dec
24 - 30 dec
31 dec - 6 jan

That will allow you to do 2 back to back reduced weekly rests if you wish to

bald bloke:

Harry Monk:

You miserable old git :laughing:

Oi, I resemble that remark. :stuck_out_tongue:

ROG:

commonrail:

17 - 23 dec
24 - 30 dec
31 dec - 6 jan

I’ll be off from the 21st to the 2nd.
Reduced weekly rests do not apply :sunglasses:

Own account work so we have a 2 week shutdown. Rods out on the beach for a few nights fishing in between xmas and new years.

Ironically as this job is coming to an end 31st December, and I was expecting myself and the other limpers to be layed off by Xmas eve. But today I’ve been asked by the office manager if I’m willing to work the days between Xmas and New Year’s Eve.

Nope. Finish 21st back on the 2nd.

commonrail:

ROG:

commonrail:

17 - 23 dec
24 - 30 dec
31 dec - 6 jan

I was referring to when you return in the new year

I finish 21st go back 2nd.
But what I don’t like is .I get 20 days holiday a year January to January.
We’re expected to save 3 days for over Xmas .
Meaning only 17 days holiday to use as you like.

Or take the full 20 days and loose 3 days pay over Xmas.
I loose 3 days pay. But amount of overtime can get in kind of makes up for it anyway.

ROG:

commonrail:

ROG:

commonrail:

17 - 23 dec
24 - 30 dec
31 dec - 6 jan

I was referring to when you return in the new year

Ah right