So who's got the earliest start on Boxing day?

I’ve been told to be at work 4am Boxing day - nothing like getting the sales going early! :neutral_face:

Who is with me on the early start, and who will already have the wheels turning before I get out of bed■■?

8am on riverside dock’s for a 10hr trailer fixing shift…

I reckon I will be finishing drinking about then :blush:

Drift:

That was my plan until I agreed to work - somehow, my brain didn’t calculate 4am the day after christmas day would result in no drinking, early bed, and stupid o’clock wake up call! :-/ doh!!!

7.30am for a full shift

Smiffys trucking:

Drift:

That was my plan until I agreed to work - somehow, my brain didn’t calculate 4am the day after christmas day would result in no drinking, early bed, and stupid o’clock wake up call! :-/ doh!!!

Think of the £££ while I beg for paracetamol :blush:

Hope that makes you feel better :smiley:

Yea that and the chance to enjoy some very clear open roads - that’ll make a nice change! :smiley:

Crack on Drive :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I work backshift so a 1600 start but i wont finish til around 0300 tonight so the weekly rest wont be much different and next week is a reduced weekly rest

I’m an agency driver and just finished my Monday night shift. Because I can I booked 3 days holidays so next shift will not be before Friday. I’d hate to think I was taking money out of the employed driver’s pockets by doing their Christmas shifts for them. :wink: :wink: {Tongue firmly in cheek} :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Merry Christmas one and all.

I’m agency at the moment too, but I don’t have kids, so christmas doesn’t bother me too much, and my lady indoors has to work, so might as well carry on myself

Wishing everyone a safe and wonderful christmas, whatever it is you are doing :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Not working boxing day but I’ve got a 2:30 am start on Friday :frowning:

zzarbean:
I’d hate to think I was taking money out of the employed driver’s pockets by doing their Christmas shifts for them. :wink: :wink: {Tongue firmly in cheek} :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

I remember some years ago when I couldn’t be arsed to do New Year Day and one of the agency’s clients wanted a load of meat taking from Carnaby to Ayr. I got the agency to ring a friend of mine who used to be an owner driver who I’d worked for. He phoned me up in disbelief they were offering £27/hr to take this load up and all I kept getting on the day was him ringing up saying “This is right isn’t it?”, "It is £27/hr isn’t it? “They will pay it won’t they?” “Its £325 for a days work how do they make that pay?”

Anytime between midnight and 2am for me

Happy Christmas :laughing:

The past two years it’s been a 3 am start on Boxing Day for Iceland Livingston. :frowning: However this year it’s feet up and a mince pie and a glass of sherry for me!! :slight_smile:

Drive safe and enjoy yourselves over the Christmas holidays. :slight_smile:

just rub salt in your wound.
I finished on the 19th and don’t start back until the 5th.

finished driving my submarine this morning at 2 am (thats what it felt like at marchwood).Late start boxing day 7pm couple of rdc’s to do so hopefully they will be quiet and i will be back in bed by 2am

I’ve got a 5am, but its a fridge so bound to be a split couple up job, well versed in this but will have to consume less alcohol to keep some brain cells intact.

7am - 4pm shift for me on Boxing Day Newcastle - Seaham sausage roll shuttle…then 3am starts fri and sat…agency driver so glad of the work.

■■■■■■■■■ the lot of you why work take the fortnight off like all sensible people do,that way people run out of things and then they might realise that truckers are needed