So who's got the earliest start on Boxing day?

Mucker1:
7am - 4pm shift for me on Boxing Day Newcastle - Seaham sausage roll shuttle…then 3am starts fri and sat…agency driver so glad of the work.

Couldn’t agree more, nice to have a bit of bonus over the holiday period whilst the regulars are enjoying their break. Sure it will be slim pickings for agency work in the new year and even slimmer for those who wouldn’t do a shift over crimbo (due to being a better family man than me of course) and I can enjoy a few weeks off in the sun during Feb then come back when work picks up.

07:30… Oh, 8th January

01.00 26/12/13 Northeast run nightout no problem.

In the taxi tonight & new years eve then back to the world of transport on jan 2nd :slight_smile:

Dipper_Dave:

Mucker1:
7am - 4pm shift for me on Boxing Day Newcastle - Seaham sausage roll shuttle…then 3am starts fri and sat…agency driver so glad of the work.

Couldn’t agree more, nice to have a bit of bonus over the holiday period whilst the regulars are enjoying their break. Sure it will be slim pickings for agency work in the new year and even slimmer for those who wouldn’t do a shift over crimbo (due to being a better family man than me of course) and I can enjoy a few weeks off in the sun during Feb then come back when work picks up.

Because my place won’t give holidays out to everyone for Christmas, next year I’m off for 6 days from the 24th

3pm for a back-shift, finishing around 2am.

I’ve never worked Boxing Day in 45 years on the road. Now I’m retired its my turn to get up to make the tea, if I hear the alarm at 8o’clock!! :smiley: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :smiley: Regards Kevmac47. Drive safely everyone, season’s greeting to all.

up around 7am, drop daughter back at her mums then in for a full day around 8 am. parking up Immingham Thursday night

I think I’ll be one of the latest to start on Boxing Day, 23:05, down to Heathrow from Wakefield

4am start for me :frowning:

mds141:
The past two years it’s been a 3 am start on Boxing Day for Iceland Livingston. :frowning: However this year it’s feet up and a mince pie and a glass of sherry for me!! :slight_smile:

Drive safe and enjoy yourselves over the Christmas holidays. :slight_smile:

see you on Friday when you are finishing and i am starting :laughing:

to be fair, the deckers are only driven by agency drivers so we are not taking any shifts from their own guys. They are our runs anyway

Still waiting for a call back re working tomorrow. They’ve got a small window of 54 minutes before alcohol consumption starts. We’ve been off ered double time + £50 but I’m holding out for parity with Nobbies own drivers and I don’t consider £27 p/h excessive for ruining today and tomorrow for me. We’ll wait and see.

Originally was down for 02.30 but changed till 06.30 but will earn over£300 for 1 day got to be done considering have 3 days off at new year.

22.15 and double time all way through :slight_smile:

Usually works other way i.e 22.00 New years eve at normal rate becouse I started before midnight so makes a nice change and im also off new years :slight_smile:

smiggy123:
Originally was down for 02.30 but changed till 06.30 but will earn over£300 for 1 day got to be done considering have 3 days off at new year.

Very nice! Would have preferred a slightly later start, but it all converts to money, and that’s all i’m interested in! :smiley:

0230 start, run to Runcorn area, 4 drops, night out then back load to South West and weekend off…not too bad really

TÃ zbug

Had my run confirmed yesterday evening, 0200 start, got Chelmsford, Tumbridge and Tilmanstone with a night out, all at the fantastic Sunday rate, basically not very good £135 for the shift although no way out of it as it’s my normal day to be in.

11 am start,asked to have day off,stood down,no :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: ,wanted to go down to bristol,drop mrs at sisters,then on down to Torquay with mates/ family to see gas play,gutted :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: what a zb life,just so the fat ■■■■■■■ can get even fatter

Not starting until 2330, should be a nice easy shift as usual though!