What's the biggest story you've heard

chinese6:
was. He didn’t like it when I said I couldn’t believe that even one woman would want to spend the night with him even once, let alone two women over a 25 year period.

I wonder why :laughing: :laughing:

alte hase:
Well, to put things into perspective, I am the 1951 Canadian born son of [married] parents who were English and German, so I am prepared to believe what might be regarded as ‘not the norm’. But gullible? I’m not so sure… So you judge -when I tell you about this man who claims his Father was Russian, his mother was Spanish and he was born on a boat afloat in Spanish waters. Then subsequently he is raised in Norfolk [England] as a UK citizen. He claims to own property in Norfolk and a villa in Spain, he has been married three or four times and has EIGHTEEN children, his current wife is Spanish -and blond [strange, or what?]. He drives a Porsche, that he turns round on the electric turntable at his Spanish villa; villa and turntable are solar powered.
In search of belief of his claims, and what I consider to be the considerable costs of supporting them, I’m supposed to accept his wealth is derived of being an owner driver, with just the one 700bhp Volvo tractor unit. I’ve not met him in person so I’m not able to judge his account of himself by facial expressions or tone in voice, or by his accent. Although the internet affords him the opportunity to put photos of his Volvo unit on-line he doesn’t appear to be willing, and, in all honesty, I’m not that willing to believe his story line. So, what would you believe? And bear in mind that at the time of his birth many would say that both his parents’ countries were [and many would say ‘‘still are’’] hostile to Britain. As a case of UK citizenship this man’s claims puzzle me.

A whopper for sure, but not the biggest Walter Mitty type on trucknet, close, but not quite up there, no pun intended, with a 747 pilot with an air hostess wife that dreams of being a lorry driver.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

dozy:
I was talking to a very nice polish agency driver at knauf immingham today , he’s passed his test 4 months ago and he was telling me that the company were so desperate for drivers he was getting paid £127 pw on top of his wage as a bonus for driving for them , he also said some were getting £127 per day on top of there daily pay , at the time I couldn’t stop laughing , I mean £127 per shift on top of your wage , but do you know what it wouldn’t suprise me :exclamation: :exclamation:

I did a Sunday a couple of weeks ago for extra £2 per hour and £100 bonus. They offered last sunday with the extra £2 but £150 bonus to go to Doncaster so I would believe it

There was a greatvone on here years ago about taking bullets to Cyprus that ended up a very ludicrous story

It just had to be…

A Scania 110 super didn’t it. Not only was Mr Ivedoneitall carrying about 43 tons of steel on 4 axles, secured by just one small piece of rope, he was cruising at 80 on the M1 when a police Rover SD1 3.5 came along side and told him to pull over. Apparently the 110 super easily out-paced the police car and he lost them after 15 miles somewhere near J13.

I’ve never seen so many drivers suffering from a fit of the killer giggles in all my life.

I used to have one of those Rovers, the story may just be true! :laughing:

I was in a bar somewhere when some clown told me he beat a seirra cosworth off the lights in a Scania 143 while driving solo.
I asked was the car turning right and got up and left

alte hase:
Well, to put things into perspective, I am the 1951 Canadian born son of [married] parents who were English and German, so I am prepared to believe what might be regarded as ‘not the norm’. But gullible? I’m not so sure… So you judge -when I tell you about this man who claims his Father was Russian, his mother was Spanish and he was born on a boat afloat in Spanish waters. Then subsequently he is raised in Norfolk [England] as a UK citizen. He claims to own property in Norfolk and a villa in Spain, he has been married three or four times and has EIGHTEEN children, his current wife is Spanish -and blond [strange, or what?]. He drives a Porsche, that he turns round on the electric turntable at his Spanish villa; villa and turntable are solar powered.
In search of belief of his claims, and what I consider to be the considerable costs of supporting them, I’m supposed to accept his wealth is derived of being an owner driver, with just the one 700bhp Volvo tractor unit. I’ve not met him in person so I’m not able to judge his account of himself by facial expressions or tone in voice, or by his accent. Although the internet affords him the opportunity to put photos of his Volvo unit on-line he doesn’t appear to be willing, and, in all honesty, I’m not that willing to believe his story line. So, what would you believe? And bear in mind that at the time of his birth many would say that both his parents’ countries were [and many would say ‘‘still are’’] hostile to Britain. As a case of UK citizenship this man’s claims puzzle me.

All is fair in love and war [emoji14]

Love conquers all,

Are you sure it’s 700hp? [emoji23]

kr79:
There was a greatvone on here years ago about taking bullets to Cyprus that ended up a very ludicrous story

Oh how we miss Ian from Stoke [emoji23]

Talking of Walt’s, there were 280 members of the Hereford Pistol Club. I have met 400 of them.

kr79:
I was in a bar somewhere when some clown told me he beat a seirra cosworth off the lights in a Scania 143 while driving solo.
I asked was the car turning right and got up and left

I’ve heard that one too! The fella was something to do with plant hire, might have been a fitter or a driver, can’t remember. If I remember correctly, it was on Chelsea Embankment that this drag race happened :smiley:

This was in London possibility it’s same person

kr79:
This was in London possibility it’s same person

Could well be, he was quite a big bloke with a shaved head and loved to tell you how great he was at everything.

Biggest story I’ve ever heard? The stand audiobook by Steven king. God he knows how to drawl on!

For me it’s the bible

Not in my driving career but when I was younger I used to run a Kentucky Fried Chicken shop in North London. I hired this mountain of a man. Nice bloke, anyway he tells me he was ex French Foreign Legion. Showed me three scars where he’d been shot ( couldn’t have been very good) I was cynical even then . Anyway one day he never turned up. After about three days still no sign. Cue two of the biggest geezers I have even seen in my life, suited and booted. Looking for Mon Ami. Turns out he’d done a bunk and was on the run from them! Truth

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

malcolmgbell:
For me it’s the bible

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

I think the biggest yarn we hear on tnuk is the one about a certain member from Grantham who keeps saying “I’ll be home Friday for steak dinner” and “I’ve had enough I’m putting my notice in”

biggriffin:
I think the biggest yarn we hear on tnuk is the one about a certain member from Grantham who keeps saying “I’ll be home Friday for steak dinner” and “I’ve had enough I’m putting my notice in”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
that would be the all time winner in here for sure.
the posting is only as good as his imagination and memory,which isnt always in sync.
meanwhile elsewhere on here,we are all biting our nails to see if as and when the epic journey ends in another friday night out and no dindins.
its almost so enthralling you would think someone could make a tv series about it. :slight_smile:

The working title for the film…

Could be ‘Dozy Does Delays’

younger members may not get that