Drivers tall tales

As we havent had any tall tales threads for at least a week :smiley:

weve had a new chap start at our place on the hiabs and I ve got him with me on nights this week training so far ive had the " i was in the SAS " and the “ran out of time at tesco’s and old bill chalked round my wagon so i could get my 11 off” stories but last night was comedy gold and as a result I think ive got a new one for the list , as ive never heard this one before

he was running from Dumbarton with a load of scotch got lost in Glasgow and hit a low bridge totaled the trailer and because it was a bonded load a bloke from customs and excise turned up and made him count every bottle on the trailer then round up all the broken bottle necks but he was 20 bottles missing so he had to go to an off licence and replace them

there may be some truth in that. he probably did get lost in glasgow and probably did hit a low bridge

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve also not heard that one before.

How come you haven’t driven off and left him somewhere? You must have a far higher tolerance level than me to this BS. :wink:

10-08:
there may be some truth in that. he probably did get lost in glasgow and probably did hit a low bridge

If a lorry loaded with whisky gets lost in Weegie town and hits a low bridge exposing the load there will be many, many more than 20 bottles missing. By the time you had counted 50 bottles, 49 of them would have disappeared

I hope this helps.

Should have asked him if he could stand up otherwise he wouldn’t be able to stay in the cab overnight! :unamused:

theonlybigman:
Should have asked him if he could stand up otherwise he wouldn’t be able to stay in the cab overnight! :unamused:

I suspect if he had stood up the volume the stories were being told at would have increased.

I hope this helps.

Coffeeholic:
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve also not heard that one before.

How come you haven’t driven off and left him somewhere? You must have a far higher tolerance level than me to this BS. :wink:

I was tempted to last night but the furthest we went was to the other side of Cannock but it wasnt far enough away as he could get back to the yard :smiley: :smiley:

you couldnt write comedy as good as this I tells ya :smiley:

I think we need to give this guy his own column or daily blog :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As for the SAS bit, he wasn’t. i cannot tell you how I know this :wink: :wink: :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

billybigrig:
I think we need to give this guy his own column or daily blog :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As for the SAS bit, he wasn’t. i cannot tell you how I know this :wink: :wink: :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

C’mon, you can’t have known everyone on the balcony. There was just too many.

Andydisco:

Coffeeholic:

I was tempted to last night but the furthest we went was to the other side of Cannock but it wasnt far enough away as he could get back to the yard :smiley: :smiley:

Given his military training and skill set probably quicker than you. :wink: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

billybigrig:

nah! he met him in the boatshed! but I can’t tell you what colour it was because they paint it different every year

10-08:

Coffeeholic:

billybigrig:

nah! he met him in the boatshed! but I can’t tell you what colour it was because they paint it different every year

It’s a boathouse, not a shed, did I not teach you anything whilst you were stationed there
:confused: :confused: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

Andydisco:

Coffeeholic:

Given his military training and skill set probably quicker than you. :wink: :smiley:

thats true I do drive a scania pmsl

shuttlespanker:

10-08:

Coffeeholic:

billybigrig:

It’s a boathouse, not a shed, did I not teach you anything whilst you were stationed there
:confused: :confused: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sorry I spent so long in the french foreign legion I’ve forgotten how to speak English

Coffeeholic:

billybigrig:

I know, when you what the video many think the smoke was a flash charge but it was just the balcony giving way under the weight of us all :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think I would be making my own stories up to top his - Like the time I killed two ■■■■■■ who were trying to steal my diesel and the cops turned a blind eye. Or how in the olden days you could get a free bj for giving a pro a lift to jack’s Hill (oops that’s true).

Andydisco:

weve had a new chap start at our place on the hiabs and I ve got him with me on nights this week training so far ive had the " i was in the SAS " and the “ran out of time at tesco’s and old bill chalked round my wagon so i could get my 11 off” stories but last night was comedy gold and as a result I think ive got a new one for the list , as ive never heard this one before

he was running from Dumbarton with a load of scotch got lost in Glasgow and hit a low bridge totaled the trailer and because it was a bonded load a bloke from customs and excise turned up and made him count every bottle on the trailer then round up all the broken bottle necks but he was 20 bottles missing so he had to go to an off licence and replace them

what he meant was saturdays and sundays

If I had hit a bridge then I would definately not be telling everybody!

r slicker:

Andydisco:

what he meant was saturdays and sundays

I would like to be in the saturdays…have you seen those girls■■?

Had them, they were crap :wink: