What's the biggest story you've heard

isaac hunt:
Andrews not posted for a while, I do hope he is OK, afterall, he was in a coma, on a ventilator only a few weeks ago.
Poor Karla must have been sick with worry, her partner near deaths door and the big volvo parked up with those pesky standing charges mounting up. It’s a wonder she had any time to come on here and keep us all updated

Alas, it looks like the financial burden became too much to bear, Casa de Andrew has been put up for sale! :confused:

https://www.deluxehomesjavea.com/property/villa-las-nubes-ultimate-luxury-living/

Fans will recognize the featured “Porsche on a turntable” photo, really dig the rims. I hope I’m not revealing anything too much, regarding Andrew and the missus, for it looks like he lives about half a thousand klicks from where he claimed to be living, but privacy must a man have and he is clever like that :sunglasses:

For extra boredom, brownie points to whomever can find a trace on the internet of the companies he hauls for (Cetva and/or ARG Transportes?) or find anything resembling a haulage yard in the poligon industrial he said it’s located in (Guadalhorce, Malaga) on GMaps.

Funnily enough my mate has this place in Javea. He doesn’t drive a lorry either. :wink:

milodon:

isaac hunt:
Andrews not posted for a while, I do hope he is OK, afterall, he was in a coma, on a ventilator only a few weeks ago.
Poor Karla must have been sick with worry, her partner near deaths door and the big volvo parked up with those pesky standing charges mounting up. It’s a wonder she had any time to come on here and keep us all updated

Alas, it looks like the financial burden became too much to bear, Casa de Andrew has been put up for sale! :confused:

https://www.deluxehomesjavea.com/property/villa-las-nubes-ultimate-luxury-living/

Fans will recognize the featured “Porsche on a turntable” photo, really dig the rims. I hope I’m not revealing anything too much, regarding Andrew and the missus, for it looks like he lives about half a thousand klicks from where he claimed to be living, but privacy must a man have and he is clever like that :sunglasses:

For extra boredom, brownie points to whomever can find a trace on the internet of the companies he hauls for (Cetva and/or ARG Transportes?) or find anything resembling a haulage yard in the poligon industrial he said it’s located in (Guadalhorce, Malaga) on GMaps.

Nice gym to keep the human forklift physique up

Well he appears to have run off with his tail between his legs, the “pilot” appears to have flown the coop too. Pun intended.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
Got talking to one of Middlegate’s (Hull) drivers recently and asked him about the Earl de Grey (it’s an interest of mine - in my spare time I’m the Editor of our local Peterborough CAMRA magazine). He said they often used to have strippers on there at lunchtime and the pub was full of blokes with “their pint in one hand and their ■■■■ in the other.” Classy…

There were actually two parrots at one point. One of them was killed during a burglary and the other one was a witness when it went to court. True story, I was there.

Oh, hang on a minute. Scrub that last bit.

There was actually more fun a mile down the road at Vauxhall tavern. Entertainment regulars Dwayne and Wayne, the naked midget trapeze artists were a sight to behold. You can never wash your eyeballs enough!

newmercman:
Well he appears to have run off with his tail between his legs, the “pilot” appears to have flown the coop too. Pun intended.

:smiley:

In an attempt to cope with waiting room nutters, I’ve started a game!

Whilst sitting around, I wait for some balloon to start on about his journey or whatever, then tell them that I’ve only been driving for a year. This invariably brings out the best in them, with tales of derring-do and adventure in faraway lands. As the stories get taller, and my jaw gets nearer to the floor, another one will join in with even better drivel. Sometimes they get quite heated as one knight of the road ascends to higher planes than the other in an attempt to impress/put down/attract(?) the “newbie”.

That’s my cue to go outside and laugh my hole off, leaving them to it.

Fair brightens my day :smiley:

newmercman:

Blimey!

Well, hand in the air. Curiosity got the better of me and took a sneak at Trucknet to find this thread :laughing: :laughing:

Looks like I’m firmly under your skin reading the things you’ve been chuntering about me in my absence :smiley: .

Not really sure what to say about you saying I’m not who I say I am. But, there’s a couple on here who know me in real life and it really is no mystery. If I was in the mind to make believe I’d personally choose ex Para or something far more “boys own”. I’ve always thought that kind of thing was as impressive as mustard myself. Particuarly knowing I could never do it! But, I’m not and don’t see the need to pretend as I am who I am.

I don’t know Andrew but perhaps he’s just silent because he knows his life is real and that’s all that matters? I don’t know. Always seemed very friendly and I quite liked reading his stuff. Justifying your real life to strangers on the internet isn’t really fruitful or needed half the time.

Anyway, cheers!

Freightdog, no you’re not under my skin at all, I don’t take the internet personally. I may well be wrong about you and if so, I’m sorry, but I don’t believe you pilot 747s during the week and do a bit of agency driving to keep your hand in at weekends.

newmercman:
Freightdog, no you’re not under my skin at all, I don’t take the internet personally. I may well be wrong about you and if so, I’m sorry, but I don’t believe you pilot 747s during the week and do a bit of agency driving to keep your hand in at weekends.

Where have you dreamt up this idea I still drive lorries at weekends? I’d like to even have the weekends off.

Edit- Apology accepted btw :laughing:

I was being flippant with the agency reference. In all seriousness I’m sure there are many lurkers and posters from all walks of life on here, the fascination with big machines doesnt require you to operate one to have an interest.

I never doubted you until Beavergate and then you disappeared leaving me all alone with my doubts. [emoji24]

newmercman:
I was being flippant with the agency reference. In all seriousness I’m sure there are many lurkers and posters from all walks of life on here, the fascination with big machines doesnt require you to operate one to have an interest.

I never doubted you until Beavergate and then you disappeared leaving me all alone with my doubts. [emoji24]

Ha Beavergate :smiley: .

Well, yes, I did walk away and probably will try and leave it be again after this. Kind of lost interest in trucknet at that time, and it coincided with pressing things in the real world. My temporary curiosity piqued when I remembered it and was quite bemused to see I’d featured in the dailies :laughing:

I actually did return to HGV driving a few years ago, albeit temporarily, right about the time I started re posting on here in 2014. It’s on my posting history. Perhaps that’s what you were thinking of?

I had an HGV licence from years ago. Fast forward many years, very happy in a regional just doing a command and redundancy just after the recession bit. Terrible time in the U.K. for everyone, inc many friends (close friend with a full mortgage and 3 kids had a stroke). No jobs. I ended up contracting in Saudi on the 744. It was paid rotations away for weeks. There was a spell of no work for 6 months (due to local politics), money was running out, I’d sold my car, alsorts.

Only thing left was to dust off the HGV. Thanks to a family friend I secured some adhoc work directly with a haulier in Lincs on fridges to tide me over for a few months (best £800 I ever spent was on that licence). Also thanks to some spot on lads who helped me get back into the swing. The market picked up and I was lucky to find secure airline employment again.

That’s it really, life affects everyone. And as they say, life is often stranger than fiction :smiley: .

Funny, when it comes up with colleagues I have driven a wagon they look startled :laughing: . We have alsorts of second career types in the industry. Ex coppers, a BP engineer as well as even a couple of bona fide ex SAS/SBS. The genuine types, not Walt’s too - for once :smiley:

As you say, truth is very often stranger than fiction.

Drempels:

Whilst sitting around, I wait for some balloon to start on about his journey or whatever, then tell them that I’ve only been driving for a year. This invariably brings out the best in them, with tales of derring-do and adventure in faraway lands. As the stories get taller, and my jaw gets nearer to the floor, another one will join in with even better drivel. Sometimes they get quite heated as one knight of the road ascends to higher planes than the other in an attempt to impress/put down/attract(?) the “newbie”.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Drempels:

heres vintage footage from and RDC waiting room youtube.com/watch?v=26ZDB9h7BLY

Latique:

Drempels:

heres vintage footage from and RDC waiting room youtube.com/watch?v=26ZDB9h7BLY

Ha ha ha! Spot on!

Classic !

Was in an RDC waiting room a few weeks ago. Having skilfully avoided Mr Chatty, I buried my head in my phone. He duly finds a victim, and starts his patter. After a while the bod behind the desk tells him he’s gonna be another hour. Ambling back to said victim he starts to tell him about the time he was delayed for 4 hours.

I let fly at the ■■■■■ behind the desk, and I can tell ya it wasn’t long before I’d grabbed my keys and got back in the lorry. As I’m pulling off the bay this huge ■■■■ comes out and says he’s the manager.

So what, I’m off

That’s my wife you’ve just been shouting at

■■■■ off

Get out of the lorry

So I did, chinned the ■■■■■ broke his jaw and two teeth, so they called the cops. I told them to ■■■■ off, nobody’s arresting me unless they’re Inspector or above!

At this point, my trailer was ready, so I don’t know what happened. Could somebody who’s heard this one finish it off for me please? :smiley:

Sure you only have to look anywhere on this site to spot the dreamers or make believe people they are 2 a penny im sure there life is hard but they can make themselves think everything is ok posting here

nightline:
Sure you only have to look anywhere on this site to spot the dreamers or make believe people they are 2 a penny im sure there life is hard but they can make themselves think everything is ok posting here

Indeed…