What mpg are you getting?

No probs, it gives me another avenue to explore, taking the dash apart is a major job, i’ve not checked the at the control knob side, can easily access that.

renaultman:
(The M5 trips were a rare treat. :smiley: )

i’ve never looked at the M5 being a treat before , i must lighten up & try to enjoy fridays stuck at avonmouth a bit more :laughing: :laughing: :cry:

MolePower:

renaultman:
(The M5 trips were a rare treat. :smiley: )

i’ve never looked at the M5 being a treat before , i must lighten up & try to enjoy fridays stuck at avonmouth a bit more :laughing: :laughing: :cry:

I could say I’d swap you for the M62, but I wouldn’t. If I went back on the road I’d prefer the M5 to the M62, and would be parking up, and waiting for early Satda morning :laughing:

scania 580 average mpg 5.7 6.5 when empty 24,000 empty weight manual box running with a trailer height of 14.3 empty and 15.3 loaded 06 plate 600,000 on the clock, new clutch 3 weeks ago new diff 5 months ago apart from the drivers window winder breaking 4 times in the first year been reliable

Mercedes Actros 1846 on timber haulage,i run a crane from the truck engine via PTO.Loaded to 42ton each way i get 7.0mpg. No backload’s mean i get closer to 8.0mpg. The best i ever got was 10.1mpg :open_mouth: ,i was loaded and tipped with fork’s that day and drove on motorway mostly…if im on really rural offroad mudplugging work then 6.0mpg is as good as can be expected.
A few have mentioned reliability so here’s mine. When new the antifreeze leaked out of the radiator(jubilee clip was loose),the light on the catwalk would’nt work and there was a broken wire in the steering wheel(radio control’s where faulty).All of these problem’s happened within the first 2 week’s of the truck’s life and should of been noticed during PDI :frowning:
Never misse’s a beat now and adblue consumtion is 85l/4800k’s. Brake pad’s only last 90k’s thou :frowning: ,i should have specced a retarder.

ps. it has the brilliant Powershift 12 Autobox,and i check the mpg the old fashioned way although the computer tell’s the same figuire’s…until i get the tacho re-calibrated :slight_smile:

ellies dad:
until i get the tacho re-calibrated :slight_smile:

Here we go… :laughing:

OK no laughing strallis active space 540 auto 8.6 mpg around 24/44 tonnes 90% over the last 4500 kms :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the big un:

mark h:

the big un:
I drive daf105xf 460 space cab
7.5 to 8.5mpg (when not broken down)
autobox (when it works)
Its on Bulk tipper/Blower work (lorry mounted blower gearbox and pto are speaking to each other)
Its as about as reliable as a 1977 Fiat :smiley:
Hope this helps lol

Broke down again last night starter motor packed up again !!!
Oh and its on a 07 plate :unamused:

I think it is now dead :cry: last nights figures 5.5mpg worked out the old fashioned way and worst of all it used 20 litres of Ad blue after 350kms now i know thats not good
Went to work today it had engine warning light on red!!! along with 5 other warning lights Last seen being towed to the Daf dealer again :cry: :cry:

Scania R500. About 34 or 35 l/100km. Very heavy most of the time. Lots of mountains. Super reliable. Fantastic truck.

i know this is for trucks but;
i drive a 94 vauxhall astra 1.4
average is about 35mpg :laughing:
light loading, only me in the car :stuck_out_tongue:
reliability, i am a mechanic after all. so it should.

newmercman:

ellies dad:
until i get the tacho re-calibrated :slight_smile:

Here we go… :laughing:

What?

manfreights volvos are getting 8.5 9.0 with about 25 30 tonse on auto or manual