What mpg are you getting?

I don’t drive trucks, but a Ford Galaxy 1.9 diesel T reg, 20 miles each way to work, it does 45mpg in the summer months and 42mpg in the winter months, do any of you have different figures depending on the time of year?

OVLOV FM400 euro 4, I-Shift, Have never had to use it manual yet, even in REALLY muddy crap terrain, 57 plate,

8 wheel Rigid, double drive, twin steer with a 44tonne mtr Hiab crane.

Carrying various loads UP to and incl, 12 tonne.

MPG is dependant on the work obviously :laughing: :laughing: yesterday was about 35.mpg ( but then I was sat in one spot for 14 hours using the crane :laughing: )

But I average,10.5mpg.

Dont have enough patience to write everything down bout it’s “niggles”.

Im driving a scania r500
Im getting an average of 26>30ltr/100kms
Manual transmisson
UK/Sitzerland
Been 100% relible (now on105622kms) :slight_smile:

i got a 85 cf 430 daf on a 02 plate
last week i averaged 8.2mpg
pull 72 cy tri axle bulk tipper
aint got any niggles with it

Got a fh12 500,55plate,done 790 000k on general haulage pullin high tauts and tanks 75% 44t,lots of inner city work,multi drops and its averaged 8.1mpg from new at a “real” 90km/h :wink:

Imperial gallons. But NMM has seen that I am running on low pro tyres and that makes a difference. Also, that is worked out properly over 11000 miles now and has gone up to 6.64 mpg after the most recent leg. It is also worth noting there are probably 40 or 50 hours idle time on that.

We get different results in winter because the winter fuel is less economical by far. Winter fuel will knock a good 1mpg off the score but it does, at least, keep the truck running.

daf cf(85) 4x2 with transporter engineering 11+tri axle trailer.(380 bhp).
7.3 mpg.
automatic.
car transport.
reliable for kms apart from electrical warning faults.

Volvo FM 12 440 (57 reg)

I-shift

running at 40t with two axle rear steer bulk blower trailer for farm feed delivery

very much depends on route & workload ,can go from somerset levels to the welsh hills ,to the beaches of eastbourne
it varies from 6.8 to 8.8 so average is approx 7.8

few problems with injectors but nothing major otherwise

(unlike our new scanias , of which one had an engine rebuild at 3 months old & another had new short motor at 4 months old , one won’t stay in top gear , another has suspension problems :unamused: 0

all that glitters isn’t gold :wink:

I’d be very wary of figures provided by the dashboard computer. I find that if you work your MPG out the old fashioned way when you fill up the figures you get bear little relation to what the dash tells you. In the Actros the difference may be as much as 2mpg, and in my van as much as 8 or 9mpg.

Actros 2554
Auto :sunglasses:
Getting around 7.2 mpg on low loader work :cry: , I tear off at 21500 kgs, so I’ve got a load before I start, coupled with some odd shaped loads means poor mpg, dragging a combine harvester into a head wind even with the speed pegged back at 50mph sees little better than 5mpg :frowning:
550,000 kms, love it, and the noise it makes :grimacing: ,generally been ok, only real problem so far been a seized brake caliper on the midlift.

the maoster:
I’d be very wary of figures provided by the dashboard computer. I find that if you work your MPG out the old fashioned way when you fill up the figures you get bear little relation to what the dash tells you. In the Actros the difference may be as much as 2mpg, and in my van as much as 8 or 9mpg.

Got to agree, the only sure way to tell is full tank to full tank, although on my Actros the dash computer is always within ± .2 mpg

I drive a 6 week old Volvo fm13 6x2
Im getting 9.4mpg average this week
We collect live chickens,were always loaded,outbound carrying 22 empty modules weighing out at 24400kg gross,inbound full loaded 5808 birds average 39800kg average
Yes,just wish it had the fh cab :angry: :unamused:

04 plate Daf CF 75 6 wheel flat with 310 horses

been clocking the mpg over the last week and the average is 14.7 mpg :slight_smile: mind you the most weight Ive had on the back last 2 weeks was a whopping 6.3 tonnes :smiley:

typical daf not a major problem yet but lots of little silly faults like the ebs warning light flickering on after hitting potholes or the wiper switch not working daft things like that

XF480 Daf 6X2 2004 53 plate with 709000 kms running on uk container work. Fuel consumption varies quite a lot depends on weight carried type of box & of course route taken. I never go off the computer as it’s not accurate & prefer to calculate it out on fuel used against mileage covered & can be anywhere between 7.4-8.3 mpg. Not had much in the way of problems did the head gaskets a few months ago (common fault on Daf’s) & like a few others have said been plauged lately with warning faults flashing up Brake lining & ebs, think there’s a problem in the loom will need to investigate further sometime. Also question for anybody who can help. Put new air con compressor on & changed the heat exchange, now when driving along a/c nice & cold, but when stopped or running in slow moving traffic it starts blowing v hot air from the outer vents? The centre dash feels very warm & the inner & outer heater pipes are both hot, also does this when a/c switched off. Apart from that still think it’s a well set out truck.

Umm the heater knob needs renewing, they can get stuck on hot even though you got it set on cold. :wink: Either that or your ac is just a little short on gas.

hmmmm looking at everyone else’s post,s wasn’t sure to post or not :blush: .

Man 530 xxl 56 plate.

Average mpg works out at 5.9 mpg.

Running 44t all the time , plus big hills :laughing:

Fleet average is 6mpg ,so not that far out.

reliability :open_mouth:

well till it was 2 years old it was great , the last year has been a nightmare :cry: .

Constant electrical problems ,mostly EBS (wires are too light for the bumping and banging involved with our job).

Recent fuel injector failure ,led to a “CATASTROPHIC” engine failure.
In other words it went BANG in a big way :open_mouth: .

6 pistons & liners and full set of injectors :cry: only 6 weeks out of warranty too :open_mouth:

Kind of lost faith in it at the moment :exclamation: .

AHHH Dingo has posted i will now lol : .

Renault Premium 56 plate.

Average about 6.0 mpg.

Running 44t all the time ,twisty bendy roads big hills and off road work :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Reliability Been quite good
Air Driers have a habit of failing I think i have had 6 !!!
However I think its the compressor or something else that is causing air driers to fail but the renault magicians know better

Starting to show signs of wear now, spring hangars, spring bushes, draglinks all been replaced in past couple of months, thats purely down to the job

Cheers Dafmad for that, if i strip the lower part of the dash around the passenger footwell i can just get my hand upto the heater control & it seems to be moving ok in both directions but it looks like i’m going to have to strip the whole centre dash out so i can see what it’s like inside. It’ll do it whether a/c is on or off so don’t think it’s the gas side, my air con man came back out & re did the system & assures me it’s at the correct level. Looks like we’re starting to get some interesting fuel figures now.

haulier:
Cheers Dafmad for that, if i strip the lower part of the dash around the passenger footwell i can just get my hand upto the heater control & it seems to be moving ok in both directions but it looks like i’m going to have to strip the whole centre dash out so i can see what it’s like inside. It’ll do it whether a/c is on or off so don’t think it’s the gas side, my air con man came back out & re did the system & assures me it’s at the correct level. Looks like we’re starting to get some interesting fuel figures now.

a lot of heather problems tend to come down to stretched cables so am told no pecific make etc just what i was speaking to my mate who is hgv spanner monkey , seamed to be a big problem on the man on there fleet .

suffolk gold:
I don’t drive trucks, but a Ford Galaxy 1.9 diesel T reg, 20 miles each way to work, it does 45mpg in the summer months and 42mpg in the winter months, do any of you have different figures depending on the time of year?

I do, and have a theory on it. I’ve heard all the denser air stories etc, but found the change in mpg was almost always overnight, and believe it is something to do with the additives the fuel companies put in to stop the diesel freezing.
Oh and old DAF 85 430
and as have said before can do 9mpg plus at 44t, but that’s on a good run, probably m5? in the middle of summer.
On a cold windy winters day across the M62 it could drop below 6
Whole life average on the computer 7.3 actual probably about 6.8 but that’s 750k miles most of which were fully freighted, both aways across the M62. (The M5 trips were a rare treat. :smiley: )

haulier:

I know I’ve had that problem on a couple of DAF’s and was told by a fitter it was the knob itself. But can only go by what I have been told, no doubt there are other causes too. :grimacing: