What is it about the Dutch?

Without fail…

The Dutch are brilliant at everything. I say this because I’ve just read another internet titbit stating that Holland is the only country that is able to afford it’s household bills.

Add this to last years story about them actively closing prisons because they have so few people to lock up these days, their GDP numbers are excellent, they have little debt, nearly all of them speak English fluently, the place was clean and tidy (when I last went over 10 years ago), they’re really fun people to get hammered with in bars and all the girls are gorgeous and up for it.

Aside from the clogs and silly moustaches, they’re just ■■■■ good at everything.

and a cloggy will drive the first lorry on the moon… :open_mouth: :laughing:

p.s agree with your op…

So far as generalisations go, yep.
I’ve met only one English driver who spoke good (apparently) Dutch, but only one or two from many Dutch drivers who spoke poor/no English.
Generally good drivers, and good for a conversation and a laugh evenings and weekends.

I lived in Holland for 8 years and loved every day, they are great people to get along with especially the lady’s. Considering the size of Holland compared to other countries the economy has done very well through difficult times, the Dutch are proud of there country and so they should be.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

haven’t been for a couple pf years now but done assen moto gp for years, met up with the same bunch of dutch lads/lasses for 10 years and the craic and hospitality was second to none… great people… happy days. :smiley: :smiley:

Yes,it’s a great country and very industrious,but dont be mislead,they have many of the same problems that other countries have in relation to income,debt,etc.Its not all rosy.I lived there for over 30 yrs,and now as a pensioner receiving 2 pensions from Holland can say that its good,but not wonderful.Like most of Europé Holland is feeling the effects of political incompetence and mismanagement.They just dont show it.

My lovely Mrs is Dutch, and she’s perfect. :smiley:
She achieved 100% perfection +, when she got on with me. :laughing:

Having worked with them both at home and abroad I find they have a good work/life balance, family is important but they are not lazy. In the North of Holland you could find it difficult to find someone who speaks English.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hutpik:
.Like most of Europé Holland is feeling the effects of political incompetence and mismanagement.They just dont show it.

Next country to kick the EU into touch I reckon.

Hoping I haven’t opened the floodgates here btw by awakening Carryfast. :blush: :smiley:

I agree with the favourable comments about the Dutch although I would dispute that their northerners speak little English.I remember guys from Delfzijl/Groningen speaking English to guys from Breda/Den Bosch because neither could understand the others’ accent!
I lived around 12 years in Belgium and found them similar to the Dutch and puzzled by my Barnsley/Flemish accent.
If I was single I’d be happy to return there.

In school they all take English as a main subject, even for themselves there own language is very hard to learn

I disagree that Dutch is a difficult language to learn.There are far more difficult languages for an immigrant.

hutpik:
I disagree that Dutch is a difficult language to learn.There are far more difficult languages for an immigrant.

The Dutch themselves find there own language hard to learn

Does that mean that we immigrants are cleverer than the Dutch because we can learn their language as adults.

The Dutch Taal is easier to read than speak,
They made us say Scheveningen for a laugh [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Think most countries have words that are difficult for foreigners,but if you make the conscious choice to move to another country then most of us will make the effort to learn the language and Culture,especially if you are moving for an indefinite period.
Here they like to use the Town of Skellefteå for that,as its pronounced Shelleftoe.