Joining the Ex-pat club

Hi guys ‘n’ gals

Thats it I’m off, leaving the land I called home. Off to Euroland, Holland to be more accurate.

Anyone got any survival tips for a brit in the Netherlands? ie looking for work, taxation, bank accounts etc?

Im not going for work, got another lovley reason to be there, but any bit of info u can provide will be more than welcome.

Sib

got another lovley reason to be there

You.ve rented one of those windows :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ive got to be careful what i say as she reads the forums :open_mouth: :laughing:

Unless things have changed drastically once you have an adress at which you can register the rest of the process goes quite fast in Holland.
A bank account will take about 5 minutes to open, your prospective employer will usually work out the correct income tax bracket when he takes you on.

watch out for the dutch coffee mate,you have to smoke it.??dont know why this is but its a good talking point in the coffee shops of holland,oh and i can reccomend the space cake if you get a bit peckish…good luck !!

bigsib:
Hi guys ‘n’ gals

Thats it I’m off, leaving the land I called home. Off to Euroland, Holland to be more accurate.

Anyone got any survival tips for a brit in the Netherlands? ie looking for work, taxation, bank accounts etc?

Im not going for work, got another lovley reason to be there, but any bit of info u can provide will be more than welcome.

Sib

:slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations Bigsib, we wish you the very best of luck in your new country. The only piece of advice I can give you is make sure you keep an English account open ie Nationwide is best as there are no charge to take money out from the hole in the wall.

Keeping an account open in UK save as lot of hassle too re your pension sending the children birthday/christmas money etc etc.

Dimo :smiley: