Testing immigrants

I do want to bring the subject up again on foreign drivers in our country.

I have been warned about my own personal beliefs and predidices so i will try to tame it down.
Alli’d like to know is if any other drivers like me think that immigrants should be put through some sort of test to see if they are willing to adapt to the English way of like before they are granted stay in this country. Like they do in Holland. They have to learn the language over there and learn about the Dutch way of life before theyr’e allowed to stay in the country. Shouldn’t we do the same here before?

Is this such a bad thing to ask?

bulldog why does it bother you that much to post something up here which has been covered time and time again. :question: you have had various reply’s to your last post which i believe was removed due to rasist remarks etc,we are not here to judge people by the colour of their skin nor their religous beliefs.we are truck drivers on here as it states at the top of this forum trucknet uk,weather the driver is male,female,white ethnic or what ever it does not bother us on this site as we are not here to pass judgement on them.we are here for one thing only and that is the love of trucks and the stories and problems that goes with the job.we are also here to pass on tips advise or our experiance to new drivers and old ones if the need arrises.there is enough hatred in this wonderful world of ours without people like yourself bringing it to a forum of which we have no interest in or do not wish to place our personnel thoughts all over a public website,bearing in mind that thousand’s of people from all walks of life visit this site and many like it.i don’t think that the owners would be too happy to find that potential members had a look through the site and noticed that it was a rasist filled site and decided to leave well aloan as that person might have been a different colour of skin to you or i.and please also bear in mind that we on occassion’s get the younger ones visiting us to have a look at the site :exclamation: what impression are you giving to them :bulb: :bulb: so if it’s truck related then that is fine,if it’s in any way rasist then please keep your thoughts and views personnel. :wink:

Totally agree, if they want to live in England then they should at least learn to speak English!

Common sense really, or how else do they do their shopping, etc, if they can’t speak English.

Would that be the English way of life or the British way of life? Does this scheme of yours only apply to people form outside these islands or does it apply to the Welsh, Scottish and Irish as well? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I am normally a foreign driver in a foreign country, Although language difficulties can cause problems, why should I have to take some kind of test?

I dont know anything about people in Holland having to learn the culture and language when there is a small Indonesian community there.

Why dont you move to France and vote for Jean Marie Le Pen?

It is a cosmopolitan world, we are free to move around, wherever we want!

kitkat, if the guy wants to post any thing on this site are you saying he has to go through you first■■? correct me if i,m wrong but isnt this site for free speech n all that… great that t/net is i didnt think topics had to be censored by YOU before being accepted…
on the topic in question, i kind of agree that some form of familiarisation with our roads traffic laws etc etc should be mandatory for newbies to our countrys roads.after all anything that would reduce accidents flouting of laws etc etc sureley must be a good thing… :wink:

no personnel dig intended…
just an observation

ohterry555:
kitkat, if the guy wants to post any thing on this site are you saying he has to go through you first■■? correct me if i,m wrong but isnt this site for free speech n all that… great that t/net is i didnt think topics had to be censored by YOU before being accepted…
on the topic in question, i kind of agree that some form of familiarisation with our roads traffic laws etc etc should be mandatory for newbies to our countrys roads.after all anything that would reduce accidents flouting of laws etc etc sureley must be a good thing… :wink:

no personnel dig intended…
just an observation

And if you look through any of the old posts you will see that it always turns into racist remarks.

and pray tell WHAT IS THE ENGLISH WAY OF LIFE?
is it the thousands of people waiting outside the local boozer at 11.50 on a sunday morning for the doors to open?
is it the other thousands that have spent a few hours at morning mass before leaving a couple of quid on the church plate for that all important new roof for the church (or perhaps the new vauxhall omega for the rev).
is it the others that go to the synagogue or mosque?
is the english way of life to jump in the car on a sunday and head off to the local garden centre and diy store?
there is no longer an english way of life, well not one that is definate anyway.
everyone whether they be english or another nationality have their own idea of how they want to live life, who are we to dictate how that should be?
life is life and people will always enjoy different things in that life, what might be special for one person could be distasteful for another.

ohterry,and in what part did i say that topics are to be run past myself prior to being placed on the bb :question: yes it is a free speaking bb,but when all bulldogs past/rescent threads have been revolved round rasist topics then i think he should keep his personnel thoughts to himself.

as you say if they have to do a test for the roads and to learn how we drive in this country then ohterry i am 100% behind you on that one,as when i was in the forces in germany i had to do a test to learn there way of the roads over there.but it was not mandatory to learn the lingo,that was a personnel thing.but personnelly speaking i always find it useful to learn a couple of words to help you get by.most people think that the germans are ignorant and hate everyone,but there really nice people if you try to say things in their own lingo they will help you rather than laugh at you.does that happen over here in the uk :question: i think not certain people over here would rather hinder someone than help them.why can’t we live and let live :bulb: :bulb: does it really matter what colour the skin is or what ■■■ they are or what religion someone is b4 they are accepted. :question:

Bulldog is racist, he has had most of his posts removed because of remarks he has made!

I for 1 prefer not to get into any type of discussion with this Person!
I also don’t see what this has to do with Trucking!

i hear what your saying kk, but the only person that has mentioned anything racial here is you m8 bbs topic on this occasion never mentioned anything racial. YOU started going on about RACIAL things not bb.this time… do you getwhat i,m saying… let people air there views man dont take this news team thing too far… which in my opinion you are … you are not a t/net censor therefore let folk post what they want without infering they are not allowed to. if people dont agree with a topic they will let the poster know… as has been done on many an occasion lol…it dont need you to be judge n jury… :wink:

Ok guys, lets try and keep this on topic, shall we. :wink: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, Bulldog has been both edited and warned about racist posts in the past, but this time he is making an effort to stay within the rules, so let’s give him credit for that and have a good debate that’s within the rules :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

It’ s Sunday, and Sundays were, after all, made for us to chill…!!! :sunglasses:

ohterry555:
let folk post what they want without infering they are not allowed to. if people dont agree with a topic they will let the poster know… as has been done on many an occasion lol…it dont need you to be judge n jury… :wink:

Bang on Terry, theres a bit too much holier than thou kicking around here.

For meself, I dont care a toss what people live like when they come here. But, I get riled as ■■■■■ when their bleedin “culture” or religion has to be took into account, and there are cheeky demands made like taxpayer funded Muslim schools! Its PC crap, and dont happen in their countries, Live and let live, but dont ask the host population to change or foot the bill.

ohterry let me start by saying one thing the least off my problems is reporting news that is of a rasist nature i put topics up that have of interest to the road user’s of this site and of which i hope you find imformative.yes i’m 100% sure all the members will let bulldog know there views and thoughts on this topic and i ain’t here to censor anyones views.and have NO intention of.which you seem to imply.i know what i am 1st and foremost a driver and being part of the news team does not give me any special rights,i ain’t bothered about what people post m8,but when past history repeats itself then it’s only going to end up being removed.you can see what the rest of the members are saying as well as i can,does that not tell you what this bb is getting at :question: just lets see where this thread goes from here when bb makes an appearance and places his replies to what has already been said.i don’t think i have said anything out of line or have aimed a personnel attack at bb as we have had a moderator reply to this topic in the form of coffee,and i’m sure he would have put me right and removed anything that is offensive in any shape size or form.so lets wait and see m8

Mal:
But, I get riled as [zb] when their bleedin “culture” or religion has to be took into account, and there are cheeky demands made like taxpayer funded Muslim schools! Its PC crap, and dont happen in their countries, Live and let live, but dont ask the host population to change or foot the bill.

well said that man, :smiley:

you still dont seem to grasp what i,m getting at kk… so we will just leave it at that… :wink:

It’ s Sunday, and Sundays were, after all, made for us to chill…!!! :sunglasses:
[/quote]

so true lucy chill is my middle name…lol :wink:

Mal:

ohterry555:
let folk post what they want without infering they are not allowed to. if people dont agree with a topic they will let the poster know… as has been done on many an occasion lol…it dont need you to be judge n jury… :wink:

Bang on Terry, theres a bit too much holier than thou kicking around here.

For meself, I dont care a toss what people live like when they come here. But, I get riled as [zb] when their bleedin “culture” or religion has to be took into account, and there are cheeky demands made like taxpayer funded Muslim schools! Its PC crap, and dont happen in their countries, Live and let live, but dont ask the host population to change or foot the bill.

Couldnt agree more mal, and im sure most others would aswell but dont want to tarnish the holy trucknet.
Let me give you an example, and its happening everywhere.
I was on the housing list for years, i have a wife and child, i have worked in this country since i was 16 and paid tax and national insurance.
I was renting a home privately at a huge cost, as we cant afford to buy a house, i was told by the council that the only way i would get a home quicker would be to make myself and my family homeless !!!
I was lucky that in the village i grew up in, a new housing develepment has been built and part of the planning agreement was that 6 of the homes would be given to the housing association, this is happening more and more.
Anyway, the homes would be awarded to people from the village or have a strong connection with the village, so luckily for us as i lived here for 24 years and my parent still do, we were given a nice brand new 2 bed house and the rent is half what i was paying.
Unfortunately, there are still many familys needing cheaper housing etc.
In the local town, the counil have just built an estate with about 30 houses and 20 flats.
25 of the homes and 15 of the flats have been allocated for asylum seekers and immigrants !!!
Please someone tell me what the hell is happening to this county, we are a push over a soft touch, and these people know it, dont spout the rubbish about they can move around blah blah blah, they come here for one reason and one reason only, because we are a soft touch and they seem to take a priority over british working citizens.

Gurner:
Unfortunately, there are still many familys needing cheaper housing etc.
In the local town, the counil have just built an estate with about 30 houses and 20 flats.
25 of the homes and 15 of the flats have been allocated for asylum seekers and immigrants !!!
Please someone tell me what the hell is happening to this county, we are a push over a soft touch, and these people know it, dont spout the rubbish about they can move around blah blah blah, they come here for one reason and one reason only, because we are a soft touch and they seem to take a priority over british working citizens.

Thats right Chris, I dont care who comes here, I dont now, and never have people should be free to go where they want when they want without fear. What I care about is [zb] like “positive discrimination” and schemes that favour the immigrant over the host population, its a question of whats right is right! Anybody aught to be able to live where they like, but they should NEVER be given any special treatment. It is plain wrong, and bought about by do-gooders and costs the working person in tax, and I dont like paying tax to fund bunches of do-ggoding busybodies going round pandering to people that aint paid a bean into the system! It DONT happen in other places, which is quite right, I would expect no special treatment if I moved to Albania!, So they shouldnt get it here!

Small one.L. :wink:

johnny:
and pray tell WHAT IS THE ENGLISH WAY OF LIFE?
is it the thousands of people waiting outside the local boozer at 11.50 on a sunday morning for the doors to open?
is it the other thousands that have spent a few hours at morning mass before leaving a couple of quid on the church plate for that all important new roof for the church (or perhaps the new vauxhall omega for the rev).
is it the others that go to the synagogue or mosque?
is the english way of life to jump in the car on a sunday and head off to the local garden centre and diy store?
there is no longer an english way of life, well not one that is definate anyway.
everyone whether they be english or another nationality have their own idea of how they want to live life, who are we to dictate how that should be?
life is life and people will always enjoy different things in that life, what might be special for one person could be distasteful for another.

100% in agreement with you Johnny