Testing immigrants

Mal:
For meself, I dont care a toss what people live like when they come here. But, I get riled as [zb] when their bleedin “culture” or religion has to be took into account, and there are cheeky demands made like taxpayer funded Muslim schools! Its PC crap, and dont happen in their countries, Live and let live, but dont ask the host population to change or foot the bill.

What about the vast number of immigrants to this country who through hard work and the setting up of successful businesses contribute millions to the Inland Revenue etc?

And what about those fine upstanding members of the ‘host population’ that never do an honest days work in their life and take every opportunity to cheat the system, and in doing so cost tax payers such as you and me Mal money? Or is that OK because they are ‘British’?

I do think that if you want to live in another country, then you should have a basic grasp of the language and (not so much the culture but) the way the country works and I think that should be the same for UK subjects that decide to move abroad.
We as a country have adopted many things from other cultures (how many had a curry or chinese meal this weekend?) and they now taken as our own such as a traditional British Christmas, which is a mixture of British Pagan, Christian and Germanic, North European pagan traditions and most of the things we are adopting now don’t come from the immigrant population, but the USA, Look at the rise in popularity of School Proms and Trick and Treating and SUV’s.
As for state funded Muslim Schools, we also have state funded Catholic Schools, but this is not a Catholic Country.
I don’t really mind people living as they want, in fact I like meeting people from other cultures and learning about their lives, but the problem arises when groups start to claim that they should get special treatment.

now to me this thread is now turning into a sensible discussion… no mention of racial anomosities where is the harm then… to quick to dive in sime folk eh…
what do you mean sounds like me coffee… hahahahaha :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

dont spout the rubbish about they can move around blah blah blah, they come here for one reason and one reason only,

The rubbish as you call it, is that you can move around if you like, so can foreign drivers, as this is what this post is supposed to be about.

I can move to another country and get a job as a driver. Why is it any different?

I lived in Africa, I drove a truck and a car. I ran a business and took money from the locals, yet at all times I was made welcome, even helped by local authority officials.

I am of the opinion that this post has racist undertones. The question asks if foreign drivers should be allowed. then goes on to want some kind of test of languages and some test to see if they are willing to adapt to an English way of life!

Who is going to judge their language skills? a Cockney, a Welshman or a Geordie?
If they have a licence to drive in this country, that is all that matters!

You can go to Africa or wherever and set up a business.
You wouldnt go there and expect handouts from the country would you?
And if you could get handouts as easily there as you can here, then they would be flocking there aswell, thats my point.
They come to this country because we are known to be a soft touch.

Coffeeholic:

Mal:
For meself, I dont care a toss what people live like when they come here. But, I get riled as [zb] when their bleedin “culture” or religion has to be took into account, and there are cheeky demands made like taxpayer funded Muslim schools! Its PC crap, and dont happen in their countries, Live and let live, but dont ask the host population to change or foot the bill.

What about the vast number of immigrants to this country who through hard work and the setting up of successful businesses contribute millions to the Inland Revenue etc?

And what about those fine upstanding members of the ‘host population’ that never do an honest days work in their life and take every opportunity to cheat the system, and in doing so cost tax payers such as you and me Mal money? Or is that OK because they are ‘British’?

Point 1 Neil, Fair play to them, why would anybody have a problem with people that come and make good by their own labours also, do they want to shell out for these freeloaders either? And for the life of me, I cant see anywhere In any of my posts that goes against that, so if youd like to point it out I’ll deal with it.

Point 2, no, they are scroungers, British born or whatever, and should be made work, and easy way would be ceasing benefits after 2 years. Neil, dont even try to incinuate I got a racist motive mate, I aint, its fair play and economics Im on about, and all the PC garbage ive mentiond is anything but fair, its loaded by do-gooders to coddle the idle and the immigrant!

When the euro cup was on, certain places in england were banned from flying the st george flag because they didnt want to spark off any racial riots etc.
Well excuse me, if you come here and live off our country then expect to live by our laws and accept it or do the other thing.

Ooooooooooops, I must be on the wrong site■■?

Could have swore I clicked on trucknetuk in my favourites folder■■?

A family of immigrants tried to sue a school because there daughter wasnt aloud to wear her clobber to school rather than the schools uniform !!

TheBear:
Ooooooooooops, I must be on the wrong site■■?

Could have swore I clicked on trucknetuk in my favourites folder■■?

Agreed!!

Gurner:
When the euro cup was on, certain places in england were banned from flying the st george flag because they didnt want to spark off any racial riots etc.
Well excuse me, if you come here and live off our country then expect to live by our laws and accept it or do the other thing.

Thats the exact type of bull these do-gooders love! I dont fly flags at all, personally, I think theyre daft. But id never moan about otheres doing it, or try to stop it, why should people be stopped by some [zb] do-gooder with a bee in their bonnet? Would we try to stop any nationality that wanted to from doing there thing? Its garbage.

And again…L.

Look guys, I’m trying to play as fair as possible here… :unamused:

It’s a contentious and emotive subject, but one which is valid for discussion provided it stays both on topic and relevant to the forum.

This is a trucking forum, so please keep your comments trucking related!!!

Ok…carry on…

And with regards to johnys post, with regards to english life etc
Its more about that FACT that immigrants etc flock here to get free hand outs, and they take special treatment over British tax paying citizens, read my post about council homes for an example.
If i were in there position, i would do exaclty the same, i have no personal grievance with any of them, but i do have an issue with the way this country gives them special treatment, and that is FACT.

Gurner:
A family of immigrants tried to sue a school because there daughter wasnt aloud to wear her clobber to school rather than the schools uniform !!

Exactly, while we have to abide by it and argue the toss with our kids to keep the rule! Even though I personally think its a daft rule, and would let them wear what they wanted. Everybody should get treated the same, regardless.

Gurner:

If this is the case I think it is. The school had already made provision the different religious mix and the local religious leaders supported the school. However there are plenty of British people trying to sue for anything and everything.

As for not being allowed to fly flags etc. Many of the Immigrants that they are supposed offended by this are more offended by the fact that somebody is making them a special case. It’s the PC lobby that’s the problem.

As for people who don’t think these issues should be discussed and accuse people of racism for even daring to decent from the PC line. The fact that these issues are ignored is what leads people to support the BNP and there like and we end up with extremists leading the debate on both sides.

LucyR:
Look guys, I’m trying to play as fair as possible here… :unamused:

It’s a contentious and emotive subject, but one which is valid for discussion provided it stays both on topic and relevant to the forum.

This is a trucking forum, so please keep your comments trucking related!!!

Ok…carry on…

I’m going to be driving a Renault Premium from Monday. :open_mouth:

As for not being allowed to fly flags etc. Many of the Immigrants that they are supposed offended by this are more offended by the fact that somebody is making them a special case. It’s the PC lobby that’s the problem.

WHICH IS what mals been trying to get across

good debate though… freindly…ish isnt it good to talk… :laughing:
lucy i,m staying chilled :wink:

Indeed you are, Terry…

…but since this thread seems destined to meander away from truck-related stuff, off to the bar it goes!!! :wink: :grimacing: :sunglasses:

muckles:
However there are plenty of British people trying to sue for anything and everything.

As for people who don’t think these issues should be discussed and accuse people of racism for even daring to decent from the PC line. The fact that these issues are ignored is what leads people to support the BNP and there like and we end up with extremists leading the debate on both sides.

Thats dead right Muckles, its gone that far, and the word “racism” is bandied about for daft reasons, which even makes it more likely people will get extreme! I bet there are loads of first and second generation immigrants of all types that do good here, I personally know a few, thast dont cause a fuss, and just live like most ordinary folk, they also get brassed off with this PC garbage and Im exasperated that more folk cant see this! But thats the way it is right now.