What agency pays 1k a week take home?

robroy:
If firms can afford to pay these parasites similar rates mentioned, to supply drivers, with enough left over for them to cream off their bung, why can they not pay drivers a decent rate direct, and [zb] them off away from the industry for good. :bulb:

Because there not employed by them there a tax write off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robroy:
If firms can afford to pay these parasites similar rates mentioned, to supply drivers, with enough left over for them to cream off their bung, why can they not pay drivers a decent rate direct, and [zb] them off away from the industry for good. :bulb:

Simply this.

If they only have work for a wagon in a particular week for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they only need to get an agency driver in for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. If they have a fulltime driver they have to pay them for Thursday and Friday as well even though there may be no or very little work for the lorry. You can therefore pay an extra £5/hr for an agency driver for those three days and save money over employing a driver and having to pay them for the two days there’s no work.

Then there’s covering when the fulltime driver rings in sick at 5am or takes a holiday. You can’t employ someone and pay them a fulltime wage just to be sat at home in case your driver rings in sick or is on their holidays. What would you do if two of them did? Do you end up employing twice as many drivers as you need just to make sure you’ve enough available to cover people taking time off?

weeto:
That question has been asked many many times, but no one seems to know the answer.

You’ve been told many many times what the answer is as above. Not my fault you’re too thick to either be able to work it out for yourself or forget.

Evil8Beezle:

weeto:
Plus at the very least legal maximum hours with a 45 knocked off is 85.5 hours in a week x judging by what some drivers claim what they are on an hour equates to £1500 @ £17.50 per hour.

I make the max 84 hours (3x15 + 3x13)

its actually an absolute legal max of 90 hours per any week if breaks are paid with split daily rests.

alix776:

robroy:

All employees are a tax write off. Wages are a tax deductible expense. Jesus there’s some monumental stupid in this thread.

weeto:
its actually absolute legal max of 90 hours per any week with split daily rests.

Actually its 99 if you’re double manning. 144hrs in 6 days, can work 21 out of every 30hrs. 30 into 144 is just below 5 so call it 5 so you’ve 5 30hr periods in a 6 day working week. 5x9hr daily rests=45hrs. 144-45=99.

Conor:

alix776:

robroy:

All employees are a tax write off. Wages are a tax deductible expense. Jesus there’s some monumental stupid in this thread.

Employers paye and NI, pensions are not a tax write off they are cost the company has to pay when employing people where as agency staff are write offable as the company using them will receive an invoice from the agency which they will write off as an expense.

Do get your facts straight before calling people stupid please Connor

Conor:

robroy:

Simply this.

If they only have work for a wagon in a particular week for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday they only need to get an agency driver in for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. If they have a fulltime driver they have to pay them for Thursday and Friday as well even though there may be no or very little work for the lorry. You can therefore pay an extra £5/hr for an agency driver for those three days and save money over employing a driver and having to pay them for the two days there’s no work.

Then there’s covering when the fulltime driver rings in sick at 5am or takes a holiday. You can’t employ someone and pay them a fulltime wage just to be sat at home in case your driver rings in sick or is on their holidays. What would you do if two of them did? Do you end up employing twice as many drivers as you need just to make sure you’ve enough available to cover people taking time off?

weeto:
That question has been asked many many times, but no one seems to know the answer.

You’ve been told many many times what the answer is as above. Not my fault you’re too thick to either be able to work it out for yourself or forget.

Not really, because it isn’t fact.

You won’t get a straight answer this time of year. The wifi doesn’t reach the beach in Phuket :stuck_out_tongue:

Plenty I’m sure. The questions you need to ask are;

1 - how many hours do I have to do to get the fabled £1000 take home?
2 - how many of those shifts are nights and or weekends?
3 - how many are offering the ability to earn that much money 52 weeks a year?

Invariably the answers are;

1 - max hours or close to.
2 - working weekends and nights.
3 - none, its “seasonal”.

Think I’d rather settle for me 550 to 650 regular weekly than those seasonal 1k weeks limping and have to spend Jan Feb & March charming ladyboys in Phuket…
[Wait, WTPhuck, I could be lying]

OVLOV JAY:
You won’t get a straight answer this time of year. The wifi doesn’t reach the beach in Phuket :stuck_out_tongue:

Phuket. - I’m off to the beach then. :stuck_out_tongue:

Phuket? nah Just got back from a fortnight in las vegas & L A after a very busy year limping working for blue chip companies :laughing:

yourhavingalarf:
I couldn’t charge those rates where I am now and I don’t believe the one man band Ltd company model works any more or is even legit.

The one man band Ltd co model is still legit but after Hammond’s brain-■■■■ last week its less workable than it was. The only reason I’m sticking with it is that I’m about to put my own on the road and its stupid to wind up the company now just to form another in a couple of months time.

On the £1000 a week thing.

My average over the last four weeks is £880.00 incl VAT per week so £792.00 per week ‘take home’ on the flat rate scheme but that’s based on weeks of 6 days, 2 days, 6 days, 5 days. If I’d done a five day week in week two not a two day week I’d be on £1,017.00 incl VAT or £915.30 after. Of course additional tax is paid if I try to take it all out though and if I leave it all in, the Corporation Tax is paid, (Not that thats going to be a problem this year, did you know Trucks are really expensive!!!)

F-reds:
Plenty I’m sure. The questions you need to ask are;

1 - how many hours do I have to do to get the fabled £1000 take home? - Variable, I am on a day rate so I get the same if I do a 15 minutes or 15 hours.
2 - how many of those shifts are nights and or weekends? - Run in every other Saturday only once have I actually had to deliver anything on a Saturday.
3 - how many are offering the ability to earn that much money 52 weeks a year? - If I could do it legally the work would be there for at least 50 weeks of the year but sometimes you need a break! How many PAYE blokes that aren’t on a salary earn the same money 52 weeks of the year?

its possable to earn 1k in a week but not sustainable got to choose your weeks as well
so … ie six days over a bank holiday fri sat sun mon tue wed 4 days inhanced wage two days normal wage and max hours fri sun mon
plus 20% vat and any nights out will easily go over a grand ( i have the invoices to prove it ) but its not sustainable taking into account drivers hours etc etc
but saying that £700.00/£850 is if you get the right hours

alix776:
Employers paye and NI, pensions are not a tax write off they are cost the company has to pay when employing people where as agency staff are write offable as the company using them will receive an invoice from the agency which they will write off as an expense.

How do you manage to tie your shoe laces in a morning being this stupid?

The only difference between the two is one goes through accounts as a payable invoice the other goes through the accounts as salary. End result is both are offset against turnover as a tax deductible expense.

For the love of god don’t ever run your own business if you can’t even grasp this simple concept.

Conor busy with the keyboard warrior act again.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Olog Hai:
Conor busy with the keyboard warrior act again.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well he has just finished this: :smiley:

So far on Conor’s thick, stupid and shoe lace incompetency list are

The current leaderboard:-

Weeto
Alix
Franglais ( an exciting new entry in light of recent info)

Who’s next?

James the cat:

Weeto
Alix

Who’s next?

You missed Franglais :laughing:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145564&p=2299854#p2299854

Evil8Beezle:

James the cat:

Weeto
Alix

Who’s next?

You missed Franglais :laughing:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145564&p=2299854#p2299854

Updated!

Conor:

alix776:

How do you manage to tie your shoe laces in a morning being this stupid?

The only difference between the two is one goes through accounts as a payable invoice the other goes through the accounts as salary. End result is both are offset against turnover as a tax deductible expense.

For the love of god don’t ever run your own business if you can’t even grasp this simple concept.

Thanks Connor I’ve been running my own business since 2007 thanks. Wages are not a tax deductible expense. The cost of NI PAYE also pension if employees are not deductible against company tax . Some small portions of it maybe but in the main there not.