Weekend pay rates

Hi guys/girls

I mostly work weekends and used to be on reasonable money. However, due to major reorganisation within the co. it was noticed how they were paying me & they decided they were unable to continue.
I was given notice but consecutively offered the same job back, but for much less pay. I accepted it (under protest) as, at the time, it was very convenient. (Since then the local yard has been closed & i now have to travel almost 100 miles round trip).
I had no rights as my 5 yrs service is not continuous. (Kicking myself!)

Since then i have constantly moaned about the current pay rate, which is, to my mind, considerably less than the going weekend rates. On Monday i have a meeting with one of the top bosses to discuss this.

Would any of you who work weekends (especially if you’re in the north west) mind saying what you get?
PM me if you don’t want to make it public.

If it’s not on your profile, don’t forget to mention what area of the country you’re in.

thanks, Jonathan

east midlands
midnight fri to 3pm sat-9.50 p.h
3 p.m sat- 6a.m sun -11.00 p.h
6 a.m sun- midnight sun -10.50 p.h

south cheshire.

mon-fri - 1st 8 hrs = £8 ph after that £12 ph

Sat - £12 ph

Sun - £16 ph

Thats for every hour we are there. NO deductions for meal breaks, paid straight through.

Last time I worked agency at weekends:

Saturday (Day) £13.20/hr
Friday/Saturday Night £15.15/hr
Sunday (Day) £17.60/hr
Sunday(Night) £20.20/hr

Hope agency work picks up soon!!!

(Agency based South Yorks - working for customers North Notts)

North West

£9.50 basic

Saturday X 1.5
Sunday X 2

Shift band
6pm - 10pm +10%
10pm - 6am +25%

Thanks for your input guys.

Seems there’s no more money to be had at the present time. (no suprise there then).
They will make some effort to plan my work so that i might earn a bit more bonus, but we’re talking little difference really.

Ofcourse its comfortable to stay with what’s known, but think I’m going to have to start having a look around to see what else is out there… though probably not a lot right now :frowning: