Agency Rates ?

Looking to find out what guys on here earn PER HR thru an agency ?

Im trying to find out the average hrly pay (Gross i.e before Tax) if you work on a Saturday and on a Sunday ? Whats your average hours for these days ?

Also what would you expect to earn per hr thru the week via an agency say from 12pm to 10pm ?

Any information much appreciated

Cheers

my basic is £9 guaranteed 8 hours min per shift

so say you only did 6 hrs Sat and 5 hrs sun, what would you expect to be paid for that ? would you still expect to be paid for the 9hrs, because its not a full day ( I know that sound crazy not a full day but its the wknd rates am trying to get at as you still have had to give up your day)

Still not to sure on my weekend rates as yet but if i did 6 hrs sat and 5 hrs sunday i would get paid for 16hrs … But if it was the same shift ie start at 6pm sat and finish at 5am sunday then obviously i would only get paid for 11 hrs and also 6 of the 11 hrs would be paid at sat rate and the other 5 at sun rate this is what i have been led to believe anyway i will find out more as and when i can…

routier:
so say you only did 6 hrs Sat and 5 hrs sun, what would you expect to be paid for that ?

For any shift I expect a minimum 8 hours paid regardless of the fact I may work less. That is the situation at my agency. It’s only happened once so far where i turned up and they discovered there had been a double booking. The other guy arrived 5 minutes before me and he had already been given the keys to the truck so he did the shift and I went home having been there less than ten minutes but I still got the 8 hours money. I also did a whole week of nights, 5 shifts, were the longest shift was 5.5 hours but I still got paid 40 hours. Personally I wouldn’t bother leaving the house for less than 8 hours money.

Cheers Guys, great help. Do you get paid a higher rate on a sun than on a sat or do agencies class it as indifferent and pay the same rate?

Routier for our area you would be looking at about £8 ‘ish’ per hour, time and half after 8 hours, usually an extra £1 per hour after 6pm. Minimum 8 hours paid. Saturdays about £12 and Sundays £15-16 per hour. If you want short weekend shifts then try get in Sommerfield and ask for late starts !!!

Cheers Mike, that really helps. My brother has a lot of work on the weekends for his truck and usually gets sumone in to cover. He thinks hes paying far too much!! But what you are quoting hes paying a decent rate for the work, they only do approx 4/5 hrs on a Sat or Sun and hes paying them for around 9 hrs work.

Coffeeholic:

routier:
so say you only did 6 hrs Sat and 5 hrs sun, what would you expect to be paid for that ?

For any shift I expect a minimum 8 hours paid regardless of the fact I may work less.

too right. 8 hours min unless otherwise agreed eg last monday i did a shift for 5 hours pay. it only took 3 but they got me another shift later on which i expected which is the only reason i accepted the short one. 5 hours pay to drive from edinburgh to glasgow and back :sunglasses:

got a shift to do for an agancy tomorrow my 1st ever been told its £12.50 a hour min pay will be 10hours is that about the going rate for a sat and having to miss the grand national?

£11 days, 12.75 after 8 hors, 13 nights after 6pm, 14.75 sat and 16.50 all apid through a nova style company called Mimax.

all apid through a nova style company called Mimax.

huh lost me

malcolmj:
got a shift to do for an agancy tomorrow my 1st ever been told its £12.50 a hour min pay will be 10hours is that about the going rate for a sat and having to miss the grand national?

I think that is about the average. You may get a bit more some places but it could only be 8 hours minimum. That rate at 10 hours minimum = £15.60 odd at an 8 hour minimum so if you get away with only doing 8 then you would be on not a bad Saturday rate.

all apid through a nova style company called Mimax.

Sorry for the welsh “paid through a nova type company called Mimax”

when i was on agency work, would be told to go into a job on sunday morning, once there me and around 4 other guys would sit around and wait to see if we were needed, after 2 hours we could go home if no work was on, we would be paid 8 hours at £15.00 an hour :laughing: , that was working for a high street store leading up to christmas though.

most retail suppliers will have a couple of drivers planned as SPARE to take up the slack for overspill loads. its not unusual for me to take a trailer carrying 1/2/3/4 stores oversplill on.

however some manufacturing suppliers can take the urine, having you sat around spare for 2-4hrs before expecting you to do a massive 12hr+ run. GCT transport Thorne was 1 such Co who after 4hrs I walked off when they expected me to do 4 drops in London

1 question that has cropped up recently, is the subject of “when should you expect a pay rise”
generally speaking regular drivers working for a normal employer, normally have annual pay talks, but as an agency driver whos working for the same agency for 12 months + should there be an expectation that the pay rates could be increased anually?

It certainly hasn’t happened in my area. Agencies are still tarting the same rates as they were in 2003. THing is, company pay rates have caught up and in some cases, exceeded the agency rates.