Stobart pay

Hi just a quick one does anyone know roughly how much does a stobart night shift class 1 driver take home a week?
Thanks

Less than those on agency doing the same job.

Which newspaper do you work for?

skids:
Which newspaper do you work for?

Also channel 5…that must bump the wages up. :slight_smile:

Someone posted a pic of the wages chart think it was on a notices board
But I can’t remember what topic is was on :neutral_face:

Scrappy:
Hi just a quick one does anyone know roughly how much does a stobart night shift class 1 driver take home a week?
Thanks

£230 per week net for a normal amount of hours unless you live at work then its slightly more

£230 a week? :laughing: don’t think so, i worked casual for them last year and i worked sun to Thurs 10 to 12 hrs a night and take home pay was £460 ■■■■ of ■■■■ work i loved it …till Leeds :unamused: shut

Conor:
Less than those on agency doing the same job.

i’ve only ever had 1 agency job that paid less the the employed drivers, quite normal i’d say.

One day, some firm will decide to pay the max 48 hour week for actually being at work for a max 48 hours, rather than at work for upto 90 hours, and only getting paid 48, to get around the 96 hours on duty a fortnight WTD rule.

50-60 hours for a £460 takehome - sounds like £10ph gross which I thought was a myth? :confused:

Winseer:
One day, some firm will decide to pay the max 48 hour week for actually being at work for a max 48 hours, rather than at work for upto 90 hours, and only getting paid 48, to get around the 96 hours on duty a fortnight WTD rule.

50-60 hours for a £460 takehome - sounds like £10ph gross which I thought was a myth? :confused:

Now I’m not saying It’s never happened, but where are these firms you keep banging on about that don’t pay poa or only pay 48 hours for 90 hours at work?

96 hours a fortnight?

swellbelly:

Scrappy:
Thanks

£230 per week net for a normal amount of hours unless you live at work then its slightly more

■■■■ me, What decade are you living in?
Another ■■■■■■■ numpty that thinks he knows all about Stobarts cos his brothers friends mates uncle did a shift for them in the 80’s. :unamused:

swellbelly:

Scrappy:
Thanks

When I started working for Stobarts In 1990 the take home pay was around the £250 a week mark. In 1996 just before I left the company I was taking £375 home every week…

OP, Just ignore silly claims by the anti Stobart brigade.

Their rates differ depending upon full time or caual, the hours worked between 0600 - 1800 and 1800-0600, weekends are differeent rates and time ranges again and of course there are overnight allowances and meal allowances that also need to be factored in to compare their gross pay rates.

As for net pay rates, individual TAX and NI llowances make this a pointless comparator.

stevieboy308:

Winseer:

Now I’m not saying It’s never happened, but where are these firms you keep banging on about that don’t pay poa or only pay 48 hours for 90 hours at work?

96 hours a fortnight?

Don’t look at me - I’ve been successfully avoiding them these past couple of years! Don’t tell me I’ve only been “successful” because they dont exist - Polease! :blush:

Maybe the whole concept of “working week” should be re-phrased. Living wage for office hours. That would be about £500 gross for a 40 hour week (timed arrival at firm to going out gate of firm to go home). Does anyone have THAT?

…Or even, who DOES get paid for their POA in that it counts towards their contracted working hours? Eg. Work 40 hours, do another 16 a week on POA, get paid for a 56 hour week about £560… In law POA and Breaks don’t count towards the WTD aggregate, so you’d be doing an 80 hour fortnight as far as it was concerned.

I know RM don’t “recognise” poa as such, which means if you are “at work for 12 hours” and you spend that time on an 8 hour duty, and laid up somewhere (eg. breakdown recovery) for another 4 hours, you’ll just be paid for 8 hours basic plus 4 hours overtime. Effectively, POA is being paid at overtime rates which compares favourably providing that system hasn’t been changed since I left.

It’s when you are on duty 15 hours total, laid up at Tkmaxx’s yard 6-7 hours or something similar, and only get paid for a flat shift when I start to worry about how much my wages are being looted by fiddling Terms and Conditions…

There’s a difference between “POA not recognised” and “POA not paid for” you see. :slight_smile:

Winseer:

stevieboy308:

Winseer:

96 hours a fortnight?

Don’t look at me - I’ve been successfully avoiding them these past couple of years! Don’t tell me I’ve only been “successful” because they dont exist - Polease! :blush:

Maybe the whole concept of “working week” should be re-phrased. Living wage for office hours. That would be about £500 gross for a 40 hour week (timed arrival at firm to going out gate of firm to go home). Does anyone have THAT?

…Or even, who DOES get paid for their POA in that it counts towards their contracted working hours? Eg. Work 40 hours, do another 16 a week on POA, get paid for a 56 hour week about £560… In law POA and Breaks don’t count towards the WTD aggregate, so you’d be doing an 80 hour fortnight as far as it was concerned.

I know RM don’t “recognise” poa as such, which means if you are “at work for 12 hours” and you spend that time on an 8 hour duty, and laid up somewhere (eg. breakdown recovery) for another 4 hours, you’ll just be paid for 8 hours basic plus 4 hours overtime. Effectively, POA is being paid at overtime rates which compares favourably providing that system hasn’t been changed since I left.

It’s when you are on duty 15 hours total, laid up at Tkmaxx’s yard 6-7 hours or something similar, and only get paid for a flat shift when I start to worry about how much my wages are being looted by fiddling Terms and Conditions…

There’s a difference between “POA not recognised” and “POA not paid for” you see. :slight_smile:

I asked you 2 questions, but despite the essay you didn’t answer either, have another crack at it fella

Double post

■■■■■■■ hell winseer. You really boil my ■■■■. u were asked a simple question, and despite your know it all experience, still didn’t answer it. Right you are a stobart knocker, but this is a firm that pays you poa and breaks (less 30 mins per day). So a13 hour day is paid as 12.5 regardless of what is done. Office hours? Not a lot of office workers do 40 hours, and a lot less never see more than 300 quid a week. Oh yes I know in’the south’ they are all paid 5 grand a well, but outside your little head, or reality I call it, they aren’t.

Like someone said, Stobarts pays a low hourly rate, but along with bonuses etc, the wages do bump up if you are prepared to put in the hours. I once posted a payslip up and still had people saying that I want getting paid what was on the slip.

Winseer just because you right a full page doesn’t make you smarter,just makes you sound like a loud mouth who knows very little

I usually work 50 hours a week, my wages are split on day and night rate due to my start time. And I take home just shy of £900 a fortnight. Not bad to say most of my day is spent asleep on the back shelf. Best of all I get to wear a nice green shirt and shiny belt. :slight_smile:

quite happy with the rates im on at stobarts 5 nights a week , the month iv been there iv earnt 300 more than i did in previous job so quite happy with it lol my previous job was ■■■■■ havin to pull off 6 shifts a week for less money and doin standby