Weight limit sign

What does this weight limit sign mean? ( On a roundabout exit, Thorn, Dunstable)
I believe it means weight limit ahead, not actually from the start of the roundabout exit, is that right? Because there’s loads of industrial units straight away. I don’t think I’ve ever gone far enough to see the weight limit signs and Google Street view is too old.
google.com/maps/@51.9097368 … 312!8i6656

What defines a weight limit ? Is it street signage or is there a definitive map?

stu675:
What does this weight limit sign mean? ( On a roundabout exit, Thorn, Dunstable)
I believe it means weight limit ahead, not actually from the start of the roundabout exit, is that right? Because there’s loads of industrial units straight away. I don’t think I’ve ever gone far enough to see the weight limit signs and Google Street view is too old.
google.com/maps/@51.9097368 … 312!8i6656

It’s a direction/information sign (rectangular, black on white means not a trunk road or Motorway). It means that if you go in this direction you will find this particular weight restriction. The start of the weight restriction itself will be shown on signs at the side of the road.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Aren’t they chucking up loads of houses round there too? Might he something to do with them?

Edit: looking at Google it looks like theres a neat short-cut through a residential area, maybe it’s to prevent that?

Roymondo:
It’s a direction/information sign (rectangular, black on white means not a trunk road or Motorway). It means that if you go in this direction you will find this particular weight restriction. The start of the weight restriction itself will be shown on signs at the side of the road.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

That’s exactly what I thought, thanks for confirming.