Funny weight limit?

Driving through Brownhills today towards Bloxwich (just after the One Stop depot),there’s a housing estate,and at the entrance there’s a 10 tonne weight limit sign :confused:
Never seen one of these before,what can it mean :question:

If you turn right at the weight limit and follow the road it goes into Lime Lane then over a canal before it joins the A5.
It goes through the Fingerpost which isn’t that big or the roads up to the canal.

Looks like “no vehicles over 10 tonne”.

Jeff.

Ah !! you’ve just jogged my memory :unamused:
I seem to remember many,many years ago driving (or attempting to drive) into Fingerpost trying to find the local Co-op…Pelsall ■■ IIRC.
This was,of course,before maps were invented :blush:

If it’s the one I can find on Google Maps, then it’s “10T” written inside a picture of a truck, inside a red circle. Just like a “normal” 7.5t weight limit sign. Surprisingly enough, it means “No Goods Vehicles over 10 tonnes”. “Strange” weight limit values like this are usually due to a weak bridge, as that’s the weight that the bridge is believed to be capable of carrying safely, rather than the “we don’t want trucks down here” usual 7.5t limit.

10 tonne weight limit 0.25 miles ahead, that’s 10 tonne MAM not 10 tonne actual weight.

10T_Weight_Limit.png

According to Mrs Beaver, the words ’ funny ’ and ’ weight ', do not belong together.``

I know this because I asked her the other day why she is funny about her weight. Problem is, it somehow came out as " You are a funny weight ".

Couch again for the night.

eagerbeaver:
According to Mrs Beaver, the words ’ funny ’ and ’ weight ', do not belong together.``

I know this because I asked her the other day why she is funny about her weight. Problem is, it somehow came out as " You are a funny weight ".

Couch again for the night.

Had similar, nearest n dearest was moaning the other night she had a stone in her shoe.
I said you never complain about the 19 stone in the other shoe :open_mouth:
Tis a comfy couch lol :laughing: :laughing:

The only problem is that it is the wrong symbol on the directions signs at the junction - they imply that it is a limit for goods vehicles, when the restriction at the bridge is a 10t limit on all vehicles.

Christ Tango, you are brave mate.

’ Stone in the shoe '. Fancy saying that, she isn’t agency is she?

eagerbeaver:
Christ Tango, you are brave mate.

’ Stone in the shoe '. Fancy saying that, she isn’t agency is she?

No lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: