Weekly Rest

Hi everyone I hope you will be able to help me as I cannot found any answears on internet. I just passed my driving license (C) and this is my third driving job.

This job where I’m going now involves flexibility and it’s 0 hrs contract , which means it’s a phone job. So my weekly rest would be always different. My question is if I work Mon-Tue and Wed I’m off. Can I work then thurs-fri-sat-sun and have my weeky rest on Mon-Tue?,

Thank You in Advance for help.

23maros11:
Hi everyone I hope you will be able to help me as I cannot found any answears on internet. I just passed my driving license (C) and this is my third driving job.

This job where I’m going now involves flexibility and it’s 0 hrs contract , which means it’s a phone job. So my weekly rest would be always different. My question is if I work Mon-Tue and Wed I’m off. Can I work then thurs-fri-sat-sun and have my weeky rest on Mon-Tue?,

Thank You in Advance for help.

You need a regular weekly rest period of 45 hours every second week so you could do what you say as long as you’d had a regular weekly rest perod the week before.

Yep

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So let’s say I work from Mon-Fri and weekends off with full weekly rest, but next week I won’t be working on Tue and Thurs. Can I work then Sat-Sun? Because this will give me then 5 days in that week.

23maros11:
So let’s say I work from Mon-Fri and weekends off with full weekly rest, but next week I won’t be working on Tue and Thurs. Can I work then Sat-Sun? Because this will give me then 5 days in that week.

Yes, a reduced weekly rest period means you can do another six 24 hour periods, for instance if you have Thursday off and start work at 08:00 Friday you can then work until 08:00 the following Thursday before starting a new weekly rest period.

The thing is you can have up-to 144 hours between weekly rest periods, although a weekly rest period must be taken in each fixed week you can have a weekly rest period at anytime during the week and it will always reset the six 24 hour periods (144 hours).

Thank You for clearing up this for me :wink: