Confused on my weekly rest

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out what days I’ll be able to work and I just want to make sure I’m doing it right.
8-10 hour shifts that start midnight. If I work Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat I can’t take my weekly rest on the weekend as it isn’t 45 between finishing work and the reset on Sunday 23:59. So this means I’ll have to take my 45 hours on Monday/Tuesday right? You aren’t able to take a weekly rest on a Sunday/Monday because of the week reset? Or does your 45 hours weekly rest not have to be in a fixed week (Mon-Sun)?

They don’t do Sunday shifts so unless I’m doing a reduced weekly rest (would be on the Sunday) am I correct in thinking I’d only be able to work 4 days a week? (Wed/Thurs/Fri/Sat).

“An actual working week starts at the end of a weekly rest period, and finishes when another weekly rest period is commenced, which may mean that weekly rest is taken in the middle of a fixed (Monday–Sunday) week. This is perfectly acceptable – the working week is not required to be aligned with the ‘fixed’ week defined in the rules, provided all the relevant limits are complied with.”

from gov.uk/guidance/drivers-hou … vers-hours

Although you must have a weekly rest period that can be counted for each fixed week the weekly rest period does not have to be completed within the fixed week.

A weekly rest period that crosses two fixed weeks, in other words a weekly rest period that crosses Sunday/Monday, can be used for either week but not both.

A weekly rest that is at least 1 minute in a fixed week can count for that week

Dont worry about what day of the week it is. Just stick within the allowed limits and you will be fine.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk