Advice please weekly rest

So how will this work out. only working fri, sat, sun this week so do i need to take the 45 hours off mon, tues, sorry i sound a bit thick but i have never worked weekends before.

Don’t get ya mate.

You’ve not worked the rest of the week?
You’re just working Fri, Sat, Sun? No other work before or after?

Then no weekly rest is due, but obviously if you don’t work Mon, that’ll cover you on the 24hr (reduced weekly rest), but you can legally work Mon, Tue and Wed, and have your rest Thu (and Fri if you want a full weekly rest) as long as WTD and driving time are observed.

sweeper1gg:
So how will this work out. only working fri, sat, sun this week so do i need to take the 45 hours off mon, tues, sorry i sound a bit thick but i have never worked weekends before.

Have you done any other sort of paid work this week or just the 3 days driving with the other 4 days off?

I have been tramping so last week i worked 47 hrs finished friday, but this week im only doing 3 days due to dentist and other bits and bobs, as you chaps proberbly know i have only been driving c/e for 12 months just a bit confused how it works with working weekends as the week finishes at 12pm sunday its just the 45hr rest period im used to having on sat and sundays just wondering how it works with not having the rest on sat and sun. :wink:

sweeper1gg:
I have been tramping so last week i worked 47 hrs finished friday, but this week im only doing 3 days due to dentist and other bits and bobs, as you chaps proberbly know i have only been driving c/e for 12 months just a bit confused how it works with working weekends as the week finishes at 12pm sunday its just the 45hr rest period im used to having on sat and sundays just wondering how it works with not having the rest on sat and sun. :wink:

That’s for your 10hr drives mate… Working week for anything else is between weekly rest periods. Although you must have a weekly rest period in each week based on your definition above and if it crosses the week it can count for either, but if your weekly rest is a Wed / Thu, then no probs

sweeper1gg:

You finished last Fri and your next shift started this fri so you have had 6 days off = yes?

If yes then you have a regular weekly rest for last week (first 45 hours of those 6 days off) and a regular weekly rest for this week (last 45 hours of those 6 days off)

You need at least a reduced weekly rest for next week and that must start no later than next thu at the same time of day you started the shift this fri

A fixed week (known as week) is from sunday midnight to sunday midnight

Each week must have a weekly rest used for it

For a weekly rest to be used for a week it must be at least 1 minute in that week

Every other week must have a regular weekly rest used for it

A weekly rest can only be used once

That maximum time between any 2 weekly rests is 144 hours (6 x 24)

Many weekly rests can be in a week but only one needs to be chosen by the driver to be used as the weekly rest for that week

Any weekly rests not used as the weekly rest for a week are just extra weekly rests and do not need compensating for if they are reduced ones

I have tried to put it as simply as I can without losing any legality but if I have messed up then I am sure someone will correct it :smiley: