Weekly rest quick query URGENT!

UnionJack:
Davey Driver , sorry ur wrong I work for a large national Company They said the same as you & 3 of us PROVED them wrong, I really dont give a toss but I was just trying to help the original post :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So are you saying the 3 of you were right but the EC Rules as implemented by the European Parliament and which can be viewed in part 17 at

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_freight/documents/page/dft_freight_504543-02.hcsp#P118_7152

Is wrongโ– โ– ? Somehow I find that very hard to believe :wink:

I think its down to interpratation(spelling) its not just this company but the last two that weve worked for both large national companies

I have read where your information is from and i will admit with that info your correct .

But I/we have asked the comapny that analysis our tachoโ€™s thru the FTA and even they say we are correct, the examiner is an ex traffic comissioner. :laughing:

UnionJack:
I think its down to interpratation(spelling) its not just this company but the last two that weve worked for both large national companies

Thats always been the trouble with tacho regs, they are too flamin complicated to understand Lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

UnionJack:
But I/we have asked the comapny that analysis our tachoโ€™s thru the FTA and even they say we are correct, the examiner is an ex traffic comissioner. :laughing:

And as has been proved on these forums before, being a current or ex enforcement officer doesnโ€™t always mean they know the rules. :wink: :smiley:

Weekly reductions must be paid back en-bloc regardless of the amount of the reduction, if you are paying it back in bits and peices you are leaving yourself open to prosecution. I also think you need to change the company that checks your discs because it seems they arenโ€™t checking them correctly.

right so to makde easy you can pay back day reductions 1 hour here and there during the week but the weekly must be paid enbloc by the end of the 3rd week yes no

alix776:
right so to makde easy you can pay back day reductions 1 hour here and there during the week but the weekly must be paid enbloc by the end of the 3rd week yes no

Yes thats right, daily rest compen added to daily or weekly rest,

Weekly rest compen added to daily or weekly rest, but if added to daily rest, the compen must be paid in one go, so in effect, if you reduce from 45 to 37 hrs weekly rest, the 8hrs compen must be added to the 9hrs minimum daily rest giving 17hrs rest (Providing you have a 9hr reduction available), unless you worked split shift in which case your daily rest would be 8hrs + the 8hrs compen repayment.

And as Mal would sayโ€ฆ

Itโ€™s a easy as that :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

yeah simple errrrrrr

by the way davey nav 3 was relased today and they have a new unit out check the gps site for info and drool

Off topic but nav 3 looks pretty good Alix, think I might go for that althought the other new release also looks pretty good too. Decisions, decisions. :wink: :smiley: