Weekly Rest Question

Last week I was off work on Thursday,Friday and Saturday.Including the last bit of Wednesday and a bit of Sunday morning I had a total of 83 hours off. Thus more than compensating any shortage of the previous weekly rest.

Worked Sunday 0500 till 1500 then home
Worked Monday 0500 till 1400 then home
Then worked Tues (14 hours) night out
Wed (11 hours)home
Thurs (14 hours 30m) night out
Fri (12 hours 30m) home

Finished Friday at 1730 and was due to start Sunday at 0500. Giving weekly rest of 35.5 hours.
total driving time was wel within all limits including fortnightly.

Got a call from the boss today Saturday to say I wasnt working Sunday because I would be working too many hours
I argued the toss but couldnt change his mind. I think its perfectly legal for me to work Sunday. But hes the boss :unamused: now lost between £150 and £200 for not working Sunday .

Was I right ■■? :question: :question: :question:

transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/r … Europe.pdf

Page 18.

May help! Pretty sure as long as all other bases were covered you were right? Or could it have been to do with WTD at all?

It will be a WTD thing. Your total duty time for this week so far has been 59 hours. Now given you must have had breaks and possibly POA in that time you are still below the maximum 60 hours. However if you had only had the minimum 45 minutes each shift that is only 4.25 hours to take from the 59, leaving you with only 5.25 hours available for Sunday. If this is the case the boss obviously feels that isn’t enough time to cover Sunday’s work. If you had more break than that, and you likely did then you have more time available, the question is is it enough time?

thanks for the replys guys…Rog thanx for the PM.

my actual working hours M-F were around the 40 mark (lots of POA ) so hours wise I was fine. however Ive since found out that our so called “foreman” (another driver who feels its his right to work more o/time than others) persuaded the boss that I couldnt work and since he was on holiday last week could …in his words…help the boss out by stepping in to cover. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Dont worry revenge will be sweet :smiley:

toowise:
my actual working hours M-F were around the 40 mark (lots of POA ) so hours wise I was fine

toowise:
total driving time was wel within all limits including fortnightly.

toowise:
I think its perfectly legal for me to work Sunday.

toowise:
Was I right ■■?

YES

You have learnt two valuable lessons from this. Your boss is a trumpet and you work with a right devious [zb]. Make that revenge, short, sweet and swift.

just tell him that you will run on the wire until monday morning.
that’ll keep him happy, even though he was wrong.

Coffeeholic:
You have learnt two valuable lessons from this. Your boss is a trumpet and you work with a right devious [zb]. Make that revenge, short, sweet and swift.

Already knew this coff just hadnt been on the recieving end before
Ahh well put it down to experience and bide my time. :grimacing: :grimacing:

limeyphil…if I told him that I knew about wires etc(olden golden days i hasten to add :wink: ) he’d probably have a major coronary. He wants everything to be whiter than white legally .
No fun in the job anymore :exclamation: :wink: :wink: