Wearing a tie for work

Used to wear a tie about 10 years ago in my mail truck, but when the bean counters took over and started squeezing the wages I stopped being proud and went to polo shirt and unpolished boots and joined the CGAFU ( couldn’t give a [zb] union).
They don’t care about me, I don’t care about them, quite happily rev like hell and waste as much fuel as I can.
Had my wages cut by £10k this year and I’m not the worst off in my yard, working 13hour nights and every other weekend for £24k, would you wear a tie for this :question:

We were supplied with a drivers suit, shirts and ties long before the Green Monkeys. We worked for Marks and Spencer and they paid the bills. If they wanted me to wear a kippah, I would have done :stuck_out_tongue:

a chap my dad used to drive with on the tippers has wore a tie for the last 30 years…look’s really odd coverd in bitumen and dirt with a tie lol

I was once delivering chemicals to farms, asked a smartly dressed old man where the chem store was, no problem lad I’ll show you where my son keeps them, he gave me a hand carrying and I was struggling to keep up with him… Guy must have been over 90 and wearing full suit and waistcoat, but with mucky boots. Guy was super fit, must have worked every single day of his life and wasn’t going to stop till he died.

depends on the pay probably… and quality of the job… you can always get a clip on and take it off as soon as possible…

Yes,I’d go back to wearing one tomorrow if the uniform changed. It would get rid of some of the scruffy buggers that now work here in a shot!

Our boss asks us to wear a tie but only in the winter :confused:
But seeing as I,m away all week tramping it stays off unless
I,m near the yard . Think its because he’s a proper old school
Boss who likes things to be right . Not a bad thing really , and a lot
Better than a greasy vest and tracky bottoms that seems the norm
Nowadays… :wink:

I’ve often been tempted to pop on a shirt and tie from time to time. Trendy skinny tie of course! Maybe I’ll do it in a future video. Maybe don my tweed waistcoat and a knitted tie!

SWEDISH BLUE:
Pay me £500 a week take home and i will wear a skirt if they want me too :open_mouth:

Polish pay. :laughing: or you’re home every night.

Wheel Nut:
We were supplied with a drivers suit, shirts and ties long before the Green Monkeys. We worked for Marks and Spencer and they paid the bills. If they wanted me to wear a kippah, I would have done :stuck_out_tongue:

I resent that “Green Monkey” tag WN is it cause I is Oirish!! :wink:

davepenn54:
There was an article in one of the Truck mags recently about that company ‘Rick Bestwick’ does speciallity foods, think they are from the Chesterfield area :question: run white FH’s & pulling white reefers and Im sure it said their drivers had to a wear a shirt & tie, not sure about the rest of the uniform though :question: :wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Yep! I’ve seen these fellas dieseling up at Jct29 truckstop at night mind! :wink:

switchlogic:
I’ve often been tempted to pop on a shirt and tie from time to time. Trendy skinny tie of course! Maybe I’ll do it in a future video. Maybe don my tweed waistcoat and a knitted tie!

Intro wearing a smokers jacket and of course the Pipe! And that old world English accent! Top draw I would say for your Videos Luke!

I see the occasional Walkers Crisps drivers still wearing shirt & tie. I used to when I was there 10 years or so ago, but as far as I know it isn’t part of the uniform any longer - used to even have ties with the Walkers logo on. These days I think I’d feel a bit daft wearing one in your average RDC but I’d have no real objection if asked.

Nothing wrong in wearing a tie so long as the shirt matchs! Clean smart corporate image! :wink:
I couldn’t wear a tie with the Green shirt I wear! It would look ridiculous! :laughing:
Like a Leprequan with a noose around me neck!! :wink:

coming to a Tesco RDC driver holding pen soon…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

lifts hatgood day to you sir” at the secuirty guard standng at the barrier…

Cruise Control:
coming to a Tesco RDC driver holding pen soon…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

lifts hatgood day to you sir” at the secuirty guard standng at the barrier…

That’ll be Luke then Cruise! I’ll keep an eye out for ya Switch! :grimacing:

Oh and top tip - NEVER ever wear a tie with a short sleeved shirt, a terrible fashion faux pas if ever I saw one!

If the gaffer supplies it - I’ll wear it :slight_smile:

switchlogic:
Oh and top tip - NEVER ever wear a tie with a short sleeved shirt, a terrible fashion faux pas if ever I saw one!

not in my world I’m afraid… and the shirt can’t be tucked in either…

The Sarge:
If the gaffer supplies it - I’ll wear it :slight_smile:

what drag outfit, fish nets and suspenders :question: :question: :wink: :open_mouth:

that would get the forkies to unload you quicker :exclamation: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

"hello boys… :wink: :wink: "