Interview

Hi guys i have an interview on saturday am with a company whis drivers wear shirt and tie for work question is attend wearing shirt n tie or smart casual imm leaning toward shirt n tie

S&T NQAT :wink:

polished shoes as well.

I’ve attended quite a few interviews over the last couple of years but to no avail. Only got past that stage once in my life - the Army Recruiting Office when I was 15.

You can be the smartest carrot in the allotment but if you haven’t got the answer to a pretty ■■■■ question like “If you were a Superhero, which Superhero would it be?” you’re ■■■■■■.

“The one who can drive without demolishing walls” isn’t the right answer by the way. :slight_smile:

nickb67:
I’ve attended quite a few interviews over the last couple of years but to no avail. Only got past that stage once in my life - the Army Recruiting Office when I was 15.

You can be the smartest carrot in the allotment but if you haven’t got the answer to a pretty ■■■■ question like “If you were a Superhero, which Superhero would it be?” you’re [zb].

“The one who can drive without demolishing walls” isn’t the right answer by the way. :slight_smile:

bit negative nick that attitude and i would be beaten before i get there i prefer the attitude that they liked something on my cv otherwise i wouldent be attending so best do all i can to further impress them

Smart casual.

Shirt and tie, if that’s their normal uniform. You may look outta place!

Always attend any interview in a shirt and tie. Generally because you aren’t being interviewed by another driver, you’re being interviewed by someone who will invariably be wearing a shirt and tie.

In fact I had a mate go for a real gem of a job not that long ago, he had to sit in a waiting room with 20 other people all going for the same job. He was the one that got it and they told him it was because he was the only one who had turned up in a suit.
What’ve you got to loose by wearing a tie for an hour?

Scarab:
Always attend any interview in a shirt and tie. Generally because you aren’t being interviewed by another driver, you’re being interviewed by someone who will invariably be wearing a shirt and tie.

In fact I had a mate go for a real gem of a job not that long ago, he had to sit in a waiting room with 20 other people all going for the same job. He was the one that got it and they told him it was because he was the only one who had turned up in a suit.
What’ve you got to loose by wearing a tie for an hour?

Yeh i agree this jobs quiet important to me its a real opertunity so i do want to make the right impression

alamcculloch:
polished shoes as well.

The overall consensus is S&T in doing so you can’t fail to impress it shows respect, I definately agree with “Alamcculloch” very wise point :slight_smile: the only thing I would add is make sure your suit fits in all the important places if not make sure your wearing a belt! unless your going for the guy who drives the cement mixer job :laughing: :laughing: Good Luck! let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

SamIam:

alamcculloch:
polished shoes as well.

The overall consensus is S&T in doing so you can’t fail to impress it shows respect, I definately agree with “Alamcculloch” very wise point :slight_smile: the only thing I would add is make sure your suit fits in all the important places if not make sure your wearing a belt! unless your going for the guy who drives the cement mixer job :laughing: :laughing: Good Luck! let us know how you get on :slight_smile:

Wasent going for the full suit but shirt n tie black smart trousers and a casual jacket but bringing boots and a hi vis and gloves and been doing some research on the net re the company so fingers crossed thxs for all your imout and answers

mixed opinions but ill post how it goes

How did you get on then :question:

got on ok the guy said i was 98% on for the job but he had 2 more guys to see then a driving assesment next week some time so so far so good so keeping evrything crossed at the monent, as i thought its a really good job be guted if i dont get it

not samworths by any chance is it■■?

Thetaff:
not samworths by any chance is it■■?

no

Good luck.

Sorry but I dont think I would wear a shirt & tie as may look out of place on me

Maybe wear the suit though :laughing: :laughing: with a blouse

Good luck with it

Ah Animal,I hope that you are female. I have met enough dodgy characters on the road.

alamcculloch:
Ah Animal,I hope that you are female. I have met enough dodgy characters on the road.

Defo female or was last time I looked :laughing: :laughing: but I could also be a bit dodgy :wink: :smiley:

ang