First Job Interview

I have my first interview later today and as stupid as this question sounds, I’m not sure what to wear :open_mouth:

Having worked in an office for the past 11 years, if I went to a job interview it’d be a shirt and tie affair, so, is that going overboard? just a shirt :confused: ? or will a polo shirt and jeans do the job? aaarrrgghhhh!! Someone help…

Shirt and tie does it for me

thank you sir, much appreciated.

i know it may have seemed daft but i didn’t want to turn up looking an eejit :slight_smile:

It does depend on the company, but shirt and tie would be good, especially if it’s not to formal or you might end up being better dressed than the bloke interviewing you. :laughing:
But remember it will interviews are stressful and aswell as being smart you have to feel comfortable. Some drivers don’t feel comfortable wearing a tie, but like you I also worked in an office and was used to wearing a suit, so sitting in a shirt and tie didn’t seem to be a problem.

Finally good luck and tell us how you got on.

Well, duff information from the job market led me to an interview which turned out to be an agency!! :frowning:

Direct Workforce, said that with no previous experience they wouldn’t even be able to get me class 2 work never mind class 1 and i’d have to spend the first 6 months driving 7.5 tonners for £6p/h, before they could convince any employers to give me a shot :angry: (actually her exact words i think were 'oh my god…you’re going to be easy to shop around!!)

Now I may be new to this but even the other agency’s have said class 1 may be stretching it but class 2 shouldn’t be a problem, just felt like a waste of time.

Anyway, thanks for all the help guys, it’ll definately come in handy in the future and a big thanks to Bones (information noted, thanks mate).

Hmm I wonder if they will call when they are desperate for a class 1 or 2 driver though.

The agency I was with said I’d have to start on 7.5 tonners, two days later I was driving an 18 tonner on my first job with them.

i passed my class 2 in sep 2006, and work part time ,the agency stared me of on a 7.5 ton job at the start ,ive only ever done the one been on 18ton ridgids ever since, mind you its quiet with the agencys right now ,so should pick up after feb ,march :open_mouth: