Do you wear company uniform?

Just wondered how many people wear their own clothes? Do you prefer it, or get fed up with wearing out your own stuff?

Even down to the tie, I’ve always been a bit rebellious so wearing a tie in a world of scruffy truckers floats my boat. :sunglasses:

We have a uniform, some of our drivers struggle to get a pair of trousers and a top after 6 months, I had a complete set after 2 weeks then another after 3 months, guess someone wrote the wrong name down by mistake.

I wear a mix, I wear the combat style trousers supplied but my hi-vis body warmer thingy and t-shirts are my own as they are more comfy to wear.

The company I work with has a sort of uniform,T shirts,Fleeces and other bits n pieces and I will admit a certain bar in the south of France
has certainly improved it’s image by wearing these items just have to remember to ensure the Bossman who does the occasional trip doesn’t
end up in this particular bar.

I do. Reminds me of my timing the regiment.

Uniforms are for plebs! :stuck_out_tongue:

pavaroti:

I’m sure the members of our armed forces will thank you for that sweeping generalization. :unamused:

I go mad when I see my men not in uniform , i have to remind the young lads to wear ther safety boots :open_mouth: which peeeeeeses me off .

Its so frustrating to see no uniforms when you supply the items .

some companies take there bonus away if not wearing the uniform

IMO if there provide it why not, saves your cloths be ruined

lilysgranpa:

pavaroti:

I’m sure the members of our armed forces will thank you for that sweeping generalization. :unamused:

whooooooooooooosssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

pavaroti:

Only someone from Coatbridge would make a statement like that .

I wear a uniform which is fully supplied by the company I work for t shirts trousers coat boots gloves etc…
I’m in a minority I think? as I like to wear a uniform as it saves your clothes and looks alot smarter than dirty jeans and scruffy boots!
I think it portrays a good company image if everyone wears the same.

Prepares to be shot down… :neutral_face:

shugg:

pavaroti:

Only someone from Coatbridge would make a statement like that .

The “woooooosh” obviously cleared your head by a fair bit, so I’ll briefly explain. Once upon a time a very pompous Government minister was requested to use the pedestrian exit when leaving the wicked Prime Ministers house, a friendly village bobby toting an equally friendly HK MP5 was then abused by the nasty minister who called him among other things “a pleb”. There ya go, didn’t hurt too much did it? :smiley:

i wear a works uniform as:-

1. its free clothes
  2. im not spending my wages on new clothes for work
  3. i can claim the money back from the tax man for washing my uniform as its got the company name and logo on it.

We have the option of shirts and tie, polo shirts or T shirts. I prefer the shirt and tie but in the winter I also wear my own Tank Top jumper which is just plain blue and not all stripey like David Jason’s in Open All Hours !

We have the option of shirts and tie, polo shirts or T shirts. I prefer the shirt and tie but in the winter I also wear my own Tank Top jumper which is just plain blue and not all stripey like David Jason’s in Open All Hours !

I’ve had a couple of jobs where you were given polo shirts and jackets and to be honest I was quite happy to wear them.

My current job requires a full uniform which is basically pale blue short sleeved shirts with smart black trousers and shoes. The company provides logo’d shirts and jackets and will pay for all the other stuff when claimed back as receipted expenses. They like us to be in uniform at all times when on site but if I wish to wander off into town in civvies it’s not a problem. No slobbing in the deck chair by the truck in my skiddies though.

I’ll admit it did nearly put me off of the job and for the first few weeks I hated it but now I’m used to it I don’t even notice it anymore. My only bugbear really is that pale blue isn’t really a very practical colour when setting up trailers that have just done 3hours down a wet and sometimes muddy road. That being said its the companies kit that gets wrecked with grease and not my own stuff. They will replace stuff if requested so what’s to complain about.

I also appreciate that in my line of work, scanners into hospitals, we are very visible representatives of the company. It does look impressive to see a smart piece of kit turn up and then a smartly uniformed driver accompanying it.

Cheers
Neilf

I’m glad to say, in this respect at least, we are free to choose our own appearance. Mind you, some of the tattoos, piercings, dreads and alternative clothing at our place are OTT IMO. (We are not a nationally-recognisable company with a reputation to uphold thank god (at least not a respectable reputation :laughing: )

neilf:
I also appreciate that in my line of work, scanners into hospitals, we are very visible representatives of the company. It does look impressive to see a smart piece of kit turn up and then a smartly uniformed driver accompanying it.

+1.

I dont wear uniform but still try to look smart, certainly wouldnt wear anything with grease on. Normally wear dark coloured superdry tops and smart jeans and try not to get them covered in crap, when unloading i put a cheap black hoodie on so its that, that gets ruined. Never liked wearing uniform, feel institutionalized when im in one, but on the plus side atleast when you turn up somewhere people know straight away who you are.