Waiting Rooms

muckles:

pierrot 14:
As I said " can’t be arsed attitude" They would soon complain if all the coffee and tuck vending machines were removed.
“Where’s the coffee machine?”
“We’ve removed them”
“Why’s that then I want a drink?”
" Because we are sick and tired of cleaning up after you drivers!!!"

I reckon instead of automating trucks they should have robot cleaners based on Daleks, don’t put you rubbish in the bin and they exterminate you. That would focus the mind on keeping the room tidy, provided the waiting rooms are on the ground floor :laughing:

The ground floor bit works on two “levels”:
Daleks can`t climb stairs, neither can your average fat slob* driver!

*Other unjust stereotypes available.

Franglais:

muckles:

pierrot 14:
As I said " can’t be arsed attitude" They would soon complain if all the coffee and tuck vending machines were removed.
“Where’s the coffee machine?”
“We’ve removed them”
“Why’s that then I want a drink?”
" Because we are sick and tired of cleaning up after you drivers!!!"

I reckon instead of automating trucks they should have robot cleaners based on Daleks, don’t put you rubbish in the bin and they exterminate you. That would focus the mind on keeping the room tidy, provided the waiting rooms are on the ground floor :laughing:

The ground floor bit works on two “levels”:
Daleks can`t climb stairs, neither can your average fat slob* driver!

*Other unjust stereotypes available.

at least in the 70’s when we were less concerned about such things as wheelchair access we could hide upstairs and take the ■■■■, but with the increasing availability of ramps and lifts we are leaving ourselves wide open to a complete invasion and ■■■■■■■■■■ by the Daleks. :laughing:

I don’t know what it is with those Tesco chairs, I mean were they actually painstakingly designed to be as un-ergonomically uncomfortable as possible? If I sit in them for anything longer than 5 minutes the bottom of my back locks up every ■■■■ time! :imp:

I’m glad I don’t have to sit in them often I know that much, more often than I’d like but Tesco’s not part of my regular work thankfully.

The fact is (and always has been) that some drivers are animals. They have no airs and graces, no social skills, no consideration for others and no basic manners. They are usually the ones who hold court and spew forth a make-believe tirade of who they told and what they told them, which without fail culminates with them getting their own way and the other party scurrying away in defeat.

And it’s always “I turned around and…” Why the ■■■■ do they always turn around to do something? If you were having a conversation with someone surely you would be facing them anyway and it would not be necessary to “turn around” to deliver a fantasy verbal ■■■■■ slap?

Where there is a large concentration of lorry drivers, sure enough there will be rubbish, things damaged either accidentally or deliberately, antisocial behaviour, wanton ■■■■■■ and blinding for no reason, and sundry other actions beloved of the knuckledragger element. It was never any surprise to me that drivers as a group are treated like idiotic children. By and large, it’s exactly what lots of them are.

Instead of cursing the likes of Tesco and Iceland, blame the morons whose actions cause these organisations to do what they do as far as lorry drivers are concerned.

Andrejs:
drivers not very responsible because he now here,after one hours here there ,tomoroow he somewhere.

In RDC work it’s driver now here, after one hour remains here, tomorrow he often still here.

I’m going to hold my hands up and say that sometimes I’ll get a coffee, sit down, and then place the empty cup by my foot with every intention of putting it in the bin when I get up. But 3 hours later when I get called, I’ve forgotten which bay I’m on, and often who I am, who I work for, and where I’m supposed to be going next. So the cup has no chance of being remembered. Sorry lads. I’m partly to blame. On the flip side, I always lift me feet up when the little chappy appears with his mop, and I always smile at him to negate my social crimes.

I once frequented tesco thurrock rdc,quite impressed at the time mind you it was 6 years ago might have changed since then,it was warm,comfortable,tea and snack machine,and a telly,i didn’t mind sitting in there,as i say though it may well have changed now

ezydriver:

Andrejs:
drivers not very responsible because he now here,after one hours here there ,tomoroow he somewhere.

In RDC work it’s driver now here, after one hour remains here, tomorrow he often still here.

I’m going to hold my hands up and say that sometimes I’ll get a coffee, sit down, and then place the empty cup by my foot with every intention of putting it in the bin when I get up. But 3 hours later when I get called, I’ve forgotten which bay I’m on, and often who I am, who I work for, and where I’m supposed to be going next. So the cup has no chance of being remembered. Sorry lads. I’m partly to blame. On the flip side, I always lift me feet up when the little chappy appears with his mop, and I always smile at him to negate my social crimes.

Not having a go but, when you’ve emptied said cup, why not get up and put it in the bin, instead of putting it on the floor? Only asking !!

pierrot 14:

ezydriver:

Andrejs:

Not having a go but, when you’ve emptied said cup, why not get up and put it in the bin, instead of putting it on the floor? Only asking !!

Laziness.

ezydriver:

pierrot 14:

ezydriver:

Andrejs:

Laziness.

I rest my case M’Lud

They don’t mess about in Holland. At one of the DC’s I go to, drivers (mainly the white van drivers) had been writing racist and ■■■■■■■■ insulting grafiti on the toilet doors. So last week, management ordered all the doors to be taken off leaving the cubicles exposed. So now if you want to have a ■■■■, you have to do it in full view of anybody who comes into the toilet area.

The minority spoil it for the majority.

citycat:
They don’t mess about in Holland. At one of the DC’s I go to, drivers (mainly the white van drivers) had been writing racist and ■■■■■■■■ insulting grafiti on the toilet doors. So last week, management ordered all the doors to be taken off leaving the cubicles exposed. So now if you want to have a [zb], you have to do it in full view of anybody who comes into the toilet area.

That’s ok, we can all self identify as women (or masculine-presenting transgender lesbians) and use the womens’ toilet instead. If they challenge you, threaten to sue them for ■■■■■■ discrimination. :laughing:

ezydriver:

citycat:
They don’t mess about in Holland. At one of the DC’s I go to, drivers (mainly the white van drivers) had been writing racist and ■■■■■■■■ insulting grafiti on the toilet doors. So last week, management ordered all the doors to be taken off leaving the cubicles exposed. So now if you want to have a [zb], you have to do it in full view of anybody who comes into the toilet area.

That’s ok, we can all self identify as women (or masculine-presenting transgender lesbians) and use the womens’ toilet instead. If they challenge you, threaten to sue them for ■■■■■■ discrimination. :laughing:

The women’s toilet is up in the offices area and you need a swipe card. To be honest, I don’t know how they get away with it legally, by taking the doors off, but who do the drivers complain to? Everyone seems to be accepting it for now and luckily I’ve never needed to take a dump (yet).

Dublin Tesco is the same only saving grace is the canteen… decent brekkie and better seats and it’s great hearing their staff say how ■■■■ it is… wages, hours, uniform, boss’s etc… I always go up there as can’t take the stories of I’ve been here 10 hours and another I was here for 2 days… Upstairs chill and wait to be called def better option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

citycat:

Holland must be some kind of 3rd world country if they think that is acceptable . I mean its ok while your sitting down doing your business , but where are you supposed to look while another man is having a ■■■■. And what about when you wipe your arse ( if there is any bog roll that is ) Its not very nice for the man coming in for a ■■■■ to see some big fat bloke trying to wipe his own bum.

villa:

citycat:

Holland must be some kind of 3rd world country if they think that is acceptable . I mean its ok while your sitting down doing your business , but where are you supposed to look while another man is having a ■■■■. And what about when you wipe your arse ( if there is any bog roll that is ) Its not very nice for the man coming in for a ■■■■ to see some big fat bloke trying to wipe his own bum.

As I said, I can’t understand the legality of what they’re doing. They must be breaking some sort of regulation about privacy in the work place. The doors have been off for a week so I’m curious to see how long this ‘management punishment’ runs for.

Have any of the providers of such facilities, actually asked drivers what they would like to see/want from a rest area? Or have the providers just assumed what it is the drivers want/need :question:

Just saying like…

citycat:

villa:

citycat:

As I said, I can’t understand the legality of what they’re doing. They must be breaking some sort of regulation about privacy in the work place. The doors have been off for a week so I’m curious to see how long this ‘management punishment’ runs for.

Name and shame then CityCat !!

pierrot 14:

citycat:

villa:

citycat:

Name and shame then CityCat !!

If the doors are still off on Wednesday when I go in, then I will.

If I went and had a ■■■■ in those toilets, they would soon put the doors back on. I scare myself sometimes

All this would be unecessary if they would provide foolproof wheelchocks. No need to spend time in somebody else’s idea of comfort. Just rest in your own space, listen to the radio, stretch out, sleep. Why the hell not?

I don’t defend uncivilised behaviour by drivers, but big rich companies like these should civilise themselves also.