RDC WAITING ROOMS

Friday gone I was at Amazon in Milton keynes despite locking my red line I couldn’t stay in my cab I had to sit in a small cold herding room for 3 1/2 hrs and the toilet was a portaloo outside what makes them think that is ok it has to be the worst I have seen so far :imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Mala99:
Friday gone I was at Amazon in Milton keynes despite locking my red line I couldn’t stay in my cab I had to sit in a small cold herding room for 3 1/2 hrs and the toilet was a portaloo outside what makes them think that is ok it has to be the worst I have seen so far :imp: :imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I can’t understand why anywhere needs 3 or 4 hours to unload a truck and what concern it is if the driver is comfortable. The problem is the H&S rules are not uniform, at one place you must lock the red line, use trestles, stand on your head and whistle, where others say, you are not allowed to use our canteen driver, go and wait in your cab :confused:

Should try the chilled waiting room at Emerson green ( sainsburys ) if the warehouse staff on break it doubles up as their messroom and you have to stand ffs . And the toilets next door are vile. :imp:

These places are ideal breeding grounds for colds, flu and any other undesirable things. Perhaps if we started using face masks they might take some notice, though probably not.

It could be worse, they could make you double man with one of these Herberts you always come across in these waiting rooms.

You want to try sitting in that cage they have put up in sainsburys in feltham absolute ■■■■■■ disgraceful,treated worse than an animal.

the maoster:
It could be worse, they could make you double man with one of these Herberts you always come across in these waiting rooms.

That would be sport, you could slap him about for every stupid statement :laughing:

Thetaff:
You want to try sitting in that cage they have put up in sainsburys in feltham absolute [zb] disgraceful,treated worse than an animal.

Bollox to that, I sit in the canteen if I go there! Or the nice cafe next door if it’s open. :wink:

the maoster:

If these longer lorries come in I suppose you could have the secondmans cabin at the rear, like the old low-loaders, get rid of him there.

Ahhhh amazon at MK, had a great experience there, for starters I was there over five hours just tipping a half load, though I had to unload at two different bays, apparently it is too much of an effort for them to take two pallets off at one bay and just drive over to the other area!

I find the whole locking airline, handing keys in and not going back to the cab totally stupid, especially with the poor standard of waiting area and cleanliness, still have bad memories of having to pull over on the way home on the side of the M50 whilst my bum was being sick.

your lucky, whenever i go to amazon im not even allowed in the waiting room, the one in glenrothes you can wait in your cab, but because who i was doing work for the amazon employees “arnt allowed in our trailers” apparently.

nevermind if ive to unload it im doing it straight away :smiley:

bald bloke:
Should try the chilled waiting room at Emerson green ( sainsburys ) if the warehouse staff on break it doubles up as their messroom and you have to stand ffs . And the toilets next door are vile. :imp:

Do they tell you to get out of their seat ? I’d like to see them try that with me .
“You want the seat ? Then get your self back into the warehouse and tip my load . You can have the seat when I leave. " " Pardon - your getting me barred ? Best news I’ve had all day but seeing I’m barred I’ll make it worth your while” :smiling_imp:

Sainsbury’s east kilbride is disgraceful also!!!

homebase at swindon lock your airline chock it, take keys off ya, and your still expected to sit on 1 of 3 chairs looking at a coffee machine :open_mouth: but you can use the canteen which has tv pool table and ok food, they just dont tell ya :imp:
yet i know drops where you back onto a bay and keep the keys, :smiley:

I think one of the best waiting rooms is UB at ashby
While i am waiting to load i can have a shower have a dinner cooked by micowave, watch telly on a 42in eat as many free crisps as you can
and the office staff are very friendly too :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The best waiting room has to be Brake Bros at Egham,get on bay,straight into the canteen have a nice breakfast,watch a bit of telly then they bring your keys and paperwork to you.

gooner:
The best waiting room has to be Brake Bros at Egham,get on bay,straight into the canteen have a nice breakfast,watch a bit of telly then they bring your keys and paperwork to you.

Doh! Spent 3 hours there this morning. Nobody mentioned canteen to me.

H&S is ridiculous now :unamused:

To put it in perspective, last week I loaded in a BASF plant in Louisiana, it was typically American (huge) & had some very nasty stuff in the storage tanks, in short it was a full on chemical plant, I went in to load wearing jeans, a t shirt & trainers, no HiViz, no safety shoes/glasses/helmet & to top it all I could wait in my cab with the engine running whilst smoking a cigarette :open_mouth: Obviously the people working with the chemicals had PPE & they have safe working practices in place, but I didn’t spot one HiViz :open_mouth:

Contrast this to the OP, I myself have experienced the same kind of thing, dropping trailers, wheel locks, handing keys in, sitting in waiting rooms on plastic chairs, wearing every form of PPE there is, even though all I’m doing is sitting inside a building FFS :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

ETA. As a footnote, the sign on the gatehouse said that it was over 700 odd days since the plant had a lost time accident :wink:

Iceland Livingston guys, ■■■■■■■ been out of order for two weeks!! Lets all ■■■■ behind their trailers and gey barred off site.

mattcollin:
Iceland Livingston guys, [zb] been out of order for two weeks!! Lets all ■■■■ behind their trailers and gey barred off site.

The dark haired chick called Vicky aint too bad to look at though I’d hit it!! :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: