RDC WAITING ROOMS

ND/Delice de France in Leicester, nice and warm canteen, the unit is locked and they take the keys, you are instructed to wait in the canteen, when all is done they bring the paperwork and keys to you.

That guys is why i do continental work, Over the water we are still treated like human beings. And more importantly as though we have some brain cells. Most places have showers as well as clean toilets and you can do what yer like whilst on the bays. :smiley:

Johnny aka Little John:
That guys is why i do continental work, Over the water we are still treated like human beings. And more importantly as though we have some brain cells. Most places have showers as well as clean toilets and you can do what yer like whilst on the bays. :smiley:

I fully agree with you there mate,this country has always treated drivers like something they just scraped off the bottom of their shoe,give me over the water any day.
regards dave.

the maoster:

gooner:
The best waiting room has to be Brake Bros at Egham,get on bay,straight into the canteen have a nice breakfast,watch a bit of telly then they bring your keys and paperwork to you.

Doh! Spent 3 hours there this morning. Nobody mentioned canteen to me.

Up the steps through the door turn right through double doors 2nd door on left. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

They are not so elfnsafety mad over the water,i have seen lads on chemical tankers only wearing flip flops and a summer vest and shorts.All the staff at places on the road greet drivers with a smile,funny how the mood changes the minute you come off the ferry at Dover,its hostile and the tourists tooting their horns if delayed getting out of the port.
If looking for a place you cant find,on many occasions,the car driver has said follow me,i will take you to the factory/depot,when in europe,that will never happen in the UK,if you google the Northants Evening Times,there is a photo of villagers waving their fists in anger,due to plans of the new Orton truck stop off the A14.
They dont want a 204 space park in their back yard,and are saying it will attract prostitutes,criminal gangs,noise,pollution,more LGV traffic,and in my opinion will lower their house prices and wont be able to sell up.Illegal immigrants will come to the truck stop,not sure how they worked that one out?

toby1234abc:
if you google the Northants Evening Times,there is a photo of villagers waving their fists in anger,due to plans of the new Orton truck stop off the A14.
They dont want a 204 space park in their back yard,and are saying it will attract prostitutes,criminal gangs,noise,pollution,more LGV traffic,and in my opinion will lower their house prices and wont be able to sell up.Illegal immigrants will come to the truck stop,not sure how they worked that one out?

likewise, much the same lame argument used by villages who also don`t want a new truckstop at Northallerton. As well as the aging banner proclaming the fight against a truckstop of the A168 near Boroughbridge

then maybe we should quote the human rights issue…we are entitled to a decent waiting area and facilities…and for all union men out there…a definition of a break…is access to a hot meal/food and a shower…how many drivers get that…for too long we have been treated like ■■■■…look at the troubles around the world and how the citizens stand up for what they want…yet us drivers allow others to treat us with contempt…we should not allow RDCs to make us sit in cold dirty rest rooms, to deny access to toilets and heat, and refreshments...when are the drivers in this country going to stand up and be counted..cos sure as hell, there aint nobody gonna do it for em...or is that what your waiting for ? Me...Ive only got 3 weeks left to retirement after 48 years in the transport industry, and ill be treated the same when i finish, as i was when i started...and like i tell everyone,,,i started off driving a heap of ■■■■....and ill finish driving a heap of ■■■■…

truckyboy:
then maybe we should quote the human rights issue…we are entitled to a decent waiting area and facilities…and for all union men out there…a definition of a break…is access to a hot meal/food and a shower…how many drivers get that…for too long we have been treated like [zb]…look at the troubles around the world and how the citizens stand up for what they want…yet us drivers allow others to treat us with contempt…we should not allow RDCs to make us sit in cold dirty rest rooms, to deny access to toilets and heat, and refreshments...when are the drivers in this country going to stand up and be counted..cos sure as hell, there aint nobody gonna do it for em...or is that what your waiting for ? Me...Ive only got 3 weeks left to retirement after 48 years in the transport industry, and ill be treated the same when i finish, as i was when i started...and like i tell everyone,,,i started off driving a heap of [zb]....and ill finish driving a heap of [zb]…

Jevon will give ya a gold watch for your retirement. :grimacing:

Ive heard about the toilet facilities you blokes have to put up with, Thank god Im a woman in this industry

I love it when they dont have Toilet facilities for me, The face on them when I ask where they are, if looks could kill, i would be dead a few times, but they have to provide them for me, and usually its the office staff toilets and usually locked, and more often clean.

I do wonder why womens toilets are mainly locked thou, What you men going to come in and mess them up??

I di have one experience at Sopmerfields Huntingdon, The toilet had no heat and some dirty person left a nice present in the bowl, I refused to use it, and was sent around to the staff toilets at the front, next time I went, It was clean and warm and no surprises thankfully

Maybe if we took pictures of what were expected to wait at, and toilet facilities that are not up to decent standards, then maybe we could start having a better deal, esp if these pics got in the hands of the CEO’s of companies, as they Will NOT like the press if decided it was bad enough to go there
And YES CEO’s do usually do something, they dont want the publicity and compensation claims, I have dealt with a couple and both times come up trumps quickly

Oh btw

CEO details can be found at

connectotel.com/marcus/ceoemail.html

I had the displeasure of being told I had to wait in a cold dirty room in November while I got loaded, It was that bad the rats had moved out followed by the tramps, I asked to see a manager and invited him round to sit with me to show him how bad their premises were,
He took a look and asked if I prefered to drop the trailer and shunt the unit forward a few feet and disconnect the red,
Fastest load ive ever had from them too.

Even a mere driver has rights, make a point that you refuse to fester in their crap.

i really cant see why more dont take pics on there phone and send them to the complaints at the head company and also say the pics are going to be sent to national papers…I dont do waiting in waiting rooms that are cold either and i dont hand over keys(I am also banned from a few places but hey saves me going there again)

I like Pink Ladies idea, photos of turds acting as a CEO :stuck_out_tongue:

pink lady trucker…they wont let us use the female toilets cos we leave the seats up…apparently !

Hey reefer boy…i dont stick to the times anyway…so a watch is no good to me…although i have been told by the office that theyre counting down the days too… :laughing: :laughing:

And Little John…i cant talk to you cos they will give me a final warning for writing on trucknet…like before :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

truckyboy:
pink lady trucker…they wont let us use the female toilets cos we leave the seats up…apparently ! :

Well learn to put the seat down and flush the toilet, I do hate seeing presents in the bowl, I was almost sick last time :astonished:

I now take my phone with me every where, and if I see anything that I feel is unfit, then next time, Its a email off to the CEO of the offending company, well thats if a manager isnt available or wont rectify the problem, and if they try to ban me, well thats another email to the CEO

NO driver should be expected to be treated bad, were all doing a job, and delivering to their RDC or whatever does not give them the right to treat us as scum or animals, Even pigs get better treatment than drivers do

Without you taking pictures and taking notes and details down, Nothing will be changed quick, So its UP TO YOU, do not expect the next person to do it,

just typical us vs the world were hated its that simple and this is shown by the likes of rdc waiting rooms. were trusted to get from a to b without an incident but when you stop your no longer trusted its pethetic the welfare of drivers should be challenged the fact were not allowed to rest in a cab is only for the welfare of the rdc staff but they are very happy to abuse are welfare by letting us sit on pre moulded seats in cold waiting rooms. id be happy to wait for 4 hours in my cab and get quality rest but in a waiting room its very challenging. especially at sainsburys stoke 4 hours to lift 12 pallets

PinkLadyTrucker:
Oh btw

That makes a new game, checking the job against the person. I got these two.

DFDS Seaways
email;john.crummie@

Bradford and Bingley.
email;richard.banks@

PinkLadyTrucker:
Oh btw

Oooooo I can feel a lot off E-mails being sent !!!
Make sure every one attaches a picture off dirty toilets , cramped waiting rooms , and ask the quetion “would you like to spend half your working day here?”

I’m surprised these problems are reported to local authority environment officers

Fallmonk:

PinkLadyTrucker:
Oh btw

Oooooo I can feel a lot off E-mails being sent !!!
Make sure every one attaches a picture off dirty toilets , cramped waiting rooms , and ask the quetion “would you like to spend half your working day here?”

OMG what have I started … But I love it, you guys have the Idea

Hey, These RDC’s dont expect us stupid truckers to know how to use a computer let alone email LMAO

Lets show them a thing or 3 and GET RESPECT