Drivers Waiting Rooms

Probably been asked before, but, are there any rules on the facility’s that RDC’s have to provide- ie enough chairs, free drinking water, (free bar ! Lol)
We have the ‘Displeasure’ of having to visit Waitrose, 'Snail’shall, Milton Keynes daily & we have to wait in the Drivers ‘Pit’ with 5 chairs & no drinking water although they Very Kindly provide expensive vending machine ‘Slop’.

Last Friday I got pulled out after spending 4 ‘Mind Numbing Hours’ waiting for a Non Existent Bay (that wasn’t going to happen for another 3 or 4 hours)
Today, I’ve just been given 3 o’clock booking-1 pallet (not looking forward to it !)

They certainly have a duty of care toward you so little things like toilets and fire escapes they would have to provide. Other than that I don’t know sorry, you would hope they were decent enough to provide adequate seating and drinking water though.
If you don’t think it’s up to scratch ask the HSE to investigate.

martinviking:
Probably been asked before, but, are there any rules on the facility’s that RDC’s have to provide- ie enough chairs, free drinking water, (free bar ! Lol)
We have the ‘Displeasure’ of having to visit Waitrose, 'Snail’shall, Milton Keynes daily & we have to wait in the Drivers ‘Pit’ with 5 chairs & no drinking water although they Very Kindly provide expensive vending machine ‘Slop’.

Last Friday I got pulled out after spending 4 ‘Mind Numbing Hours’ waiting for a Non Existent Bay (that wasn’t going to happen for another 3 or 4 hours)
Today, I’ve just been given 3 o’clock booking-1 pallet (not looking forward to it !)

When i get to an rdc i ask how long then go back to my cab put the kettle on have some food watck tv get some kip etc etc then go back to the desk after said time then ask how long then start all over again until i give them the dreaded can we park here then they seem to get in to action :laughing:

10-08:
They certainly have a duty of care toward you so little things like toilets and fire escapes they would have to provide. Other than that I don’t know sorry, you would hope they were decent enough to provide adequate seating and drinking water though.
If you don’t think it’s up to scratch ask the HSE to investigate.

HSE ! That’s an idea. I’ll look into it.