Volvo f89 parts

Rowland has found a diesel tank like he wanted. Still looking for an old roof top air con unit.
Neil.

finally got ALP in workshop n stripped out ready for “MIG”! Cab not as good as yours Rowly but should be cooler to drive on hot days!! :smiley:

having trouble uploading pics but will keep trying.

Sorry folks laptop is havin a fit will try to upload more pics later :frowning:

these were taken in the port of piraeus & it was still working?had a bit of rot & no drivers door knob so window was left open :laughing: & yes she did smoke a bit when fired up :smiley:

pete 359:
hi all,
when i was a truck mad 1970’s kid,there was only one heavy haulage firm for me :sunglasses: .

When I worked in the garage at Wright transort Preston we had LFU918R. It did belong to Jimmy miller of Leyland Road services before we got it. We then made it fron a 4x2 to the 6x2 tag axle when 38t come out.

Peter

just had pnone call of my brother he picked up brand new f89 bubbletank in holland never been used found on a site by my good friend davidoff from switzerland thanks all regards rowland

rward:
just had pnone call of my brother he picked up brand new f89 bubbletank in holland never been used found on a site by my good friend davidoff from switzerland thanks all regards rowland

hi rowly,
top man mate,i will call you tomorrow about the other business :wink:
regards andrew.

hi mc jamie 89 coming on slowly jamie missed you other day i will be needing your advice on a few things coz i know best advice comes from me vet highest regards rowland

rward:

That’s handy Rowland, better than messing with an old one.
Regards Pete.

h i kinktrucker pete yes wat a bit of luck but the one you put me on is also being rebuilt its not all obout money its people like you who pm me with info that really helps see you soon sometime pete regards rowl

Some more pictures of the progress on Rowlands F89:

The original cab has been lifted off.

Chassis.

The engine was also lifted out.

The clutch off ready for attention.

mechanic77:
Some more pictures of the progress on Rowlands F89:

The original cab has been lifted off.

Chassis.

hi neil,
it’s surprises me how different the chassis set up is compared to the '74 f88 i had.there were no parabolics and anti roll bars on that.good to see your project progressing rowly :sunglasses: .
regards andrew.

Hi Roland well done on the tank

hi tribsa thanks still cant believe my luck my wife not to pleased to see it in house regards rowland

Wow,

Great to see an iconic truck being restored, you will be very proud of the finished article.

very jealous of the F16 my Fav truck of all time, my dad used to drive a C - G reg for G&G transport I think they were in Ipswich in green and yellow, quite a few old volv’s running around here in Australia NSW, but I wish I was in England right now, do miss the decent trucks!!!