Volvo f89 parts

welcome to the forum grdiesels

cheers
gaz

Some pictures from the weekend.

The cab back inside for repair:

The F89 has joined it inside for the long process of taking it all apart to put it all back together again:

riverstick dents caused by people i bought it of when they put in taut all those years ago not to much of a proplem hopefully regards rowland

hi all,
when i was a truck mad 1970’s kid,there was only one heavy haulage firm for me :sunglasses: .

Still look good now them Heanor lorries do pete 359, always look like they work for a living too I like that. They get into the firm I pull for now & again & are a friendly bunch…

hi fly sheet,
for me heanor are a proper heavy hauler,been in the game years and ran/still run some real innovative gear :sunglasses: .
regards andrew.

hi and and flysheet i remember heaner awsome fleet iwas talkingto my brother in law from dubai last yerar still at it out there whilst im here any good f89 pics of welsh international guess why and regards rowly

They’ve stayed true to Volvos too, I know some of the kit it looks tired but it all works & they seem busy enough.

I’ve no pictures of Welsh International sorry Rowly. i take it thats going to be your livery??

hi rowland,
i think that this 89 was ex welsh international.i remember my father painting it for alun griffith’s.i seem to recall it was a similar colour inside and out,the beige/cream standard colour.

scrapper:
This pic is a line up of the F89s bought by PIE International before they left the factory. Note they had alredy been registered in Sweeden so had to be re registered once in the UK.

Hi all
First I must apologize for my bad English, since I´m from Sweden it´s it not my native language… but I´ll do my best to deal with a foreign language :wink:

I´m a former truck driver from Gothenburg, Sweden, who has a big interest of transport history and old trucks. I started in 1974 driving a 7 ton lorry for a bakery in Gothenburg, and continued after getting my heavy vehicle licence to drive “the real stuff” until a couple of years ago. LB76, and maybe some more members here, might recognize me from a Swedish and a Norwegian forum. I´ve been reading the thread about “OLD TIME LORRIES…” for a while, but have for some reasons not participated yet… until now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I´m sorry to say that the facts about the two pics of the P.I.E trucks not are entirely correct. I have the original photos of them, and scanned them some time ago. They had already left the factory when the pics were taken, and had arrived to the Volvo dealer in Helsingborg (Verdexa) in the south of Sweden. P.I.E had a Swedish branch that had some traffic to the Middle East during the same time, and this is the first 15 trucks delivered to them in 1976 or 1977. So I´m not sure if they were exported at all. :confused:

Here I am in the first FB89 I drove between Sweden and Norway in my younger days (in 1976)

/Stellan

these two photos are all i have of welsh international rowly.

pete 359:
hi all,
when i was a truck mad 1970’s kid,there was only one heavy haulage firm for me :sunglasses: .

Hiya …i had LFU913R that was a 88 so near and so far from a 89

god this 88 had a hard life
John

hi john,
they have changed the screen settings again,dave the renegade helped me with it,resize your photos to 800x600,it should? be ok then.regards to you both for 2012.we aren’t doing malta this spring,going to crete,old volvo heaven :smiley: .
regards andrew.

pete 359:
hi john,
they have changed the screen settings again,dave the renegade helped me with it,resize your photos to 800x600,it should? be ok then.regards to you both for 2012.we aren’t doing malta this spring,going to crete,old volvo heaven :smiley: .
regards andrew.

Hiya pete359…thanks mate…have a good new year …looking forward to the new season and some sunshine
i hate these dark dull days
John

Autotransit:

scrapper:
This pic is a line up of the F89s bought by PIE International before they left the factory. Note they had alredy been registered in Sweeden so had to be re registered once in the UK.

Hi all
First I must apologize for my bad English, since I´m from Sweden it´s it not my native language… but I´ll do my best to deal with a foreign language :wink:

I´m a former truck driver from Gothenburg, Sweden, who has a big interest of transport history and old trucks. I started in 1974 driving a 7 ton lorry for a bakery in Gothenburg, and continued after getting my heavy vehicle licence to drive “the real stuff” until a couple of years ago. LB76, and maybe some more members here, might recognize me from a Swedish and a Norwegian forum. I´ve been reading the thread about “OLD TIME LORRIES…” for a while, but have for some reasons not participated yet… until now. :stuck_out_tongue:

I´m sorry to say that the facts about the two pics of the P.I.E trucks not are entirely correct. I have the original photos of them, and scanned them some time ago. They had already left the factory when the pics were taken, and had arrived to the Volvo dealer in Helsingborg (Verdexa) in the south of Sweden. P.I.E had a Swedish branch that had some traffic to the Middle East during the same time, and this is the first 15 trucks delivered to them in 1976 or 1977. So I´m not sure if they were exported at all. :confused:

Here I am in the first FB89 I drove between Sweden and Norway in my younger days (in 1976)

/Stellan

Hi Stellan,i am restoring an ex P.I.E. F89,do you have any more info on photos of them? Regards Dave.

Hi again, and a happy new year to all of you. :smiley:

I only have those two pics of the trucks, but I found some more information about them. It seems to be the first fifteen of twenty-five trucks delivered to P.I.E in 1976 in Malmoe, not Helsingborg as I said earlier. Verdexa in Malmoe equipped the trucks with kitchen, tank for drinking water, refrigerator, air-condition and cabin heater. So the interior equipment was obviously not made in the factory.

/Stellan

check these out if you in need of some f88/89 doors

ebay.co.uk/itm/volvo-f88-89- … 1c22b73e75

ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-F10-F12 … 20c10d6bf8

cheers
gaz

Some excellent F88/F89 pics here:

forum-auto.com/automobiles-m … 383654.htm

Tetragas those doors on ebay are first class, I’ve been to see them, you will not find better. Top job,
regards rowland

Some pictures of Rowlands F89 in progress: