volvo f88

NZ JAMIE:
G’day Lars Gunner mate,

Some good info there mate,but it’s not all strictly correct. The G89 was fitted with the TD120A at 330hp. Also the early version 1 FH12’s had the D12A engine, I’m also pretty sure that the version 1 FH16’s were fitted with the D16A engine,which was developed from the F16 TD162 and TD163 motor.

Thank you mate for this clarification. You sure is right. I feel a guy from Australia from where I have a foto in a book of a Volvo G89 or FH12 pulling a roadtrain. I had not all info and Volvos moste powerful trucks was i specialvercion specially får Australia and sure New Zealand. The same was valid for F88 - 290 hp as only was for Britain and Scotland. We had not so powerful F88 in Sweden. I think the strongest had 260.

But how good is books as will be written. Some lack of real fact kan always be found. In our Swedish forum regarding old lorrys/trucks have we etabliched Volvos signify of their truck models can confuce one. What means this: L49576? Every numeral mean somthing but what? 2-axle, 3-axle, 4,60 meter between axles? I Think it stands anywere in my books. L stands for Lastbil as means Lorry.

Sure Volvo use Australia and perhaps New Zeland as a testing area for nev components and motors. Who know if Volvo´s 750 hp engine have beentested down under.

Have a good day
Lars-Gunnar :slight_smile:

hi lars gunner please would you know how many volvo f89 fuel tanks types were there i have a 1977 to restore thanks rowland

rward:
hi lars gunner please would you know how many volvo f89 fuel tanks types were there i have a 1977 to restore thanks rowland

All I know is Volvo have used a 300 litre square fuel tanks a little rounded around all corner to all F89. It is valid for F88 too. Only in Australia this model had a rounded one. And now, other makes in USA have changed from round to square.

Hope I understand you right
Lars-Gunnar :wink:

I think these are the two tanks you are referring to.
Neil

Hi Neil.
I only remember seeing the smaller tank (i had one on my 88) on the earlier 89’s.the later model like rowly’,s had the bubble tank,just my opinion,wouldn’t be the first time I got it wrong though :slight_smile:
Regards Andrew.

How loks the tanklid out? It schould be Volvos ironsign? If it is from a Scania or other make it is invalid

Ours were fitted with twin tanks which mean that the air tanks were moved to the inside of the chassis rails, bit of a job but could be done.

The most like Volvo F89 is number 1

Lars-Gunnar :smiley:

pete 359:
Hi Neil.
I only remember seeing the smaller tank (i had one on my 88) on the earlier 89’s.the later model like rowly’,s had the bubble tank,just my opinion,wouldn’t be the first time I got it wrong though :slight_smile:
Regards Andrew.

That one is as is. Because I helped paint it

Malcys F88.jpg

Yes WheelNut it has change so much and when I look at a photo I have so it is a large one but not exact likely but from early year. It has to do with suspension of the tank I think

I had an “S” reg 290 and it had the tank from the bottom photo and was 400 litres
cheers Johnnie

Hi all,
Just thought :bulb: the larger bubble tank was fitted on all brown trim 89’s and 88’s.the blue trim, like I had,used the smaller rectangular tank.
Regards Andrew.

hi and mines a brown trim i think mine is bubble type have you ever heard them called cheeseburger type hope your well all the best rowland ps andrew im coming to visit soon

hi and mines a brown trim i think mine is bubble type have you ever heard them called cheeseburger type hope your well all the best rowland ps andrew im coming to visit soon

rward:

Hi rowdy,
I am sure that’s right about the brown trim 88/89’s having the larger bubble tank.i can’t say that I have ever heard of cheeseburger type though mate
Regards Andrew.

Hello rward!

My apologises I wasn’t remind or got a mail so I tough his tread was “dead”

No in Sundsvall we haven’t any F88 or F89 as is still running. Many have been sold to Eastland and sure Russia. But as a veteran we have some F88/G89.

veteranlastbilar.se/normal.asp?pageid=713

Click on “Evenemangsfoton” as show pictures from “Tunga rallyt Väst” and then “Ã…kerihistoriska”

Evenemangsfoton

GBG 2011
Åkarsvängen Södertälje
Pärlrallyt Helsingborg
Smålandsrundan
Rättvik
Motala

Ã…kerihistoriaska

GBG 2010
GBG 2009
GBG 2008
Före_08
GBG 2007
GBG 2006
GBG 2005
GBG 2004
GBG 2003
Före_06

Click on every name or year and then chose year. What happen is you all well see a lot of unknown and unused Lorries. We here in Sweden have been used to Lorries with hood and BeGe-cabine. You will also notice how many Scania-Vabis as Scania was named first and to the late 60 I guess as have remained compared to Volvo. These Lorries is so beloved of us older and we felt nostalgic sometimes. Many are really old 1940 decade and more. The Lorries as have a round hood is Volvo of various models nicknamed “Rundnos” meaning roundnose and some large F89/F88 (24 m) and heavy Scania 140 as have been tax-free can been seen. A red Volvo Titan with a position with a tarpaulin over and a trailer behindd and large BeGe-cabine for long haul is my favourite. It is a 1954 years model with 150 hp and the Volvo veteran club of Gothenburg is the owner. There is also 1 or 2 F85/86 models and F86 with nose as reminds of Titan, Viking and F86/FB86. FB86■■? According to AB Volvo were FB a Bogie with a nose and a heavier model as were good for all types of load but as a tipper it were outstanding. Easier climb into and better than Scania as had a tendency to get stuck were Volvo could drive without be bogged too often.

AB mean joint-stock company.

Please ask me via PM or direct via Forum if you ponder of anything.

F88, SAO 673R any one got pic’s of her■■?

FH13:
Hello rward!
My apologises I wasn’t remind or got a mail so I tough his tread was “dead”
No in Sundsvall we haven’t any F88 or F89 as is still running. Many have been sold to Eastland and sure Russia. But as a veteran we have some F88/G89.
veteranlastbilar.se/normal.asp?pageid=713
Click on “Evenemangsfoton” as show pictures from “Tunga rallyt Väst” and then “Ã…kerihistoriska”
Evenemangsfoton
GBG 2011
Åkarsvängen Södertälje
Pärlrallyt Helsingborg
Smålandsrundan
Rättvik
Motala
Click on every name or year and then chose year. What happen is you all well see a lot of unknown and unused Lorries. We here in Sweden have been used to Lorries with hood and BeGe-cabine. You will also notice how many Scania-Vabis as Scania was named first and to the late 60 I guess as have remained compared to Volvo. These Lorries is so beloved of us older and we felt nostalgic sometimes. Many are really old 1940 decade and more. The Lorries as have a round hood is Volvo of various models nicknamed “Rundnos” meaning roundnose and some large F89/F88 (24 m) and heavy Scania 140 as have been tax-free can been seen. A red Volvo Titan with a position with a tarpaulin over and a trailer behindd and large BeGe-cabine for long haul is my favourite. It is a 1954 years model with 150 hp and the Volvo veteran club of Gothenburg is the owner. There is also 1 or 2 F85/86 models and F86 with nose as reminds of Titan, Viking and F86/FB86. FB86■■? According to AB Volvo were FB a Bogie with a nose and a heavier model as were good for all types of load but as a tipper it were outstanding. Easier climb into and better than Scania as had a tendency to get stuck were Volvo could drive without be bogged too often.
AB mean joint-stock company.
Please ask me via PM or direct via Forum if you ponder of anything.

Hello Lars-Gunnar,

It’s good to see you here and the Veteranlastbilar forum back again, I had so many problems logging on I didn’t look for a few months, the new format looks good!

I hope to get over for the SmÃ¥landsrundan 2013…we are in India for our 2012 holiday…so trucks with wooden sheds for cabines!!

Cheers,
Nick

this eight wheeler was cut up not so long ago bout 3 years maybe as i had chance to purchase but well was in bit of a state plus keeping a 8 wheeler in a garage well takes a up a lot of room, belonged to cowans of slamannan at finish up