volvo F86

im looking for a picture of the blue f86 thats still running about on logging work, im sure i saw it yesterday heading north when i was joining the m90 at junction 4.

This one? (not a F86 but a F88)

If so, here is the article T&D did about her:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Cheers

Andy

couldnt remember if it was an f86 or f88 but yea thats the one, wonder why it was soo far away from home though. i had to do a double take when i saw it though.

gogzy:
couldnt remember if it was an f86 or f88 but yea thats the one, wonder why it was soo far away from home though. i had to do a double take when i saw it though.

And the ‘VOLVO F88’ written in the headboard never gave it away :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I love an F88 me, but that one is all wrong, it has an early Stainless Steel grille over the top of a plastic one, the flap between the lights is from the facelifted 240 or a 290 or F89, it looks as though it’s angled out at the top a la 290 & as well as the wrong marker lights, it also has the wrong front axle at least, all pre 290 F88s had the studs closer together like the American standard rather than the Euro standard pattern as seen on this example. I know, I know, it’s a working lorry so needs must & replacing an axle is hardly a crime, as it has most of a 290s running gear it should have the full width grille & round air stack too, as it is it’s just a collection of thrown together Volvo parts & that IS criminal, I think it’s a mess :cry:

Newmercman is your 88 on the road?
Read the artical in the mag & you will be wiser!
At least its not a Merc oh how we laughed.

heres a photo of a f86 six wheeler i drove pullin steel,it was fitted with an f7 artic engine