Volvo F10,F12,F16

My old F12 on for Leggett European somewhere in France, comfortable, reliable motor but with this wheel set up an absolute pig in the snow and ice and even on a wet road, traction went out the window.

WLORRY.JPG

Ossie

OssieD:
My old F12 on for Leggett European somewhere in France, comfortable, reliable motor but with this wheel set up an absolute pig in the snow and ice and even on a wet road, traction went out the window.

Ossie

Didn’t that pusher axle have the air dump switch, with that depressed traction wasn’t too bad normally

IOW Last year

Does anyone have a windscreen for an F10/f12?
Recently got my hands on a 10, needing a lot of things but the windscreen is badly cracked
Local Volvo told me they were obsolete.

Stuart 07725130286

stuartrobbie:
Recently got my hands on a 10, needing a lot of things but the windscreen is badly cracked

Stuart 07725130286

If it’s a pre 1983 ‘flat top’ model or equivalent Globetrotter model they’re smaller than all models from 1984 onwards in the ‘Highline’ version and Globetrotter variant so you’ll have to get the correct one or it wont fit.

Good luck.

bigr250:

stuartrobbie:

Stuart 07725130286

If it’s a pre 1983 ‘flat top’ model or equivalent Globetrotter model they’re smaller than all models from 1984 onwards in the ‘Highline’ version and Globetrotter variant so you’ll have to get the correct one or it wont fit.

Good luck.

Thanks, it’s a 1989, it was a flat top but had been converted to a globetrotter.
It used to be yellow, reg F100onr if anyone has info. Originally owned by Proctors then privately for years as a show motor.
After a few years sitting we bought it from the local area in a fairly sorry state.

stuartrobbie:

bigr250:

stuartrobbie:

Stuart 07725130286

Good luck.

Thanks, it’s a 1989, it was a flat top but had been converted to a globetrotter.
It used to be yellow, reg F100onr if anyone has info. Originally owned by Proctors then privately for years as a show motor.
After a few years sitting we bought it from the local area in a fairly sorry state.

I’d bet Autoglass or one of them fast fit windscreen companies can still get them, I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about. The earlier model might be a problem though.

I’ve got a late 1992 F16 Globetrotter I bought & drove back from Germany in 2010 that I still haven’t touched, good intentions but can’t seem to find the time to devote to it.

robthedog:
IOW Last year

That’s lovely,
Ex Edwin Shirley trucking judging by the reg?.

Cheers harryvr6

harryvr6:

robthedog:
IOW Last year

Yes the reg would imply that, but i doubt it as it certainly wouldn’t have been a double drive

That’s lovely,
Ex Edwin Shirley trucking judging by the reg?.

Cheers harryvr6

bigr250:

stuartrobbie:

bigr250:

stuartrobbie:

Stuart 07725130286

Good luck.

I’d bet Autoglass or one of them fast fit windscreen companies can still get them, I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about. The earlier model might be a problem though.

I’ve got a late 1992 F16 Globetrotter I bought & drove back from Germany in 2010 that I still haven’t touched, good intentions but can’t seem to find the time to devote to it.

I know the feeling, would’ve loved to spend more time on mine, but work and family come first. The opportunity to buy this one came up and just felt it was now or never.

The online quoter for autoglass did say they could do it, think it was about £400. Would like to source one cheaper an maybe for it myself, or at least get a fitter in to cut costs a bit.

stuartrobbie:
I know the feeling, would’ve loved to spend more time on mine, but work and family come first. The opportunity to buy this one came up and just felt it was now or never.

The online quoter for autoglass did say they could do it, think it was about £400. Would like to source one cheaper an maybe for it myself, or at least get a fitter in to cut costs a bit.

I’m certain you’ll find a 2nd hand one somewhere and as it’s not a bonded screen any fitter could fit it for you.

bigr250:

stuartrobbie:

I’m certain you’ll find a 2nd hand one somewhere and as it’s not a bonded screen any fitter could fit it for you.

having recently sold a flat top, I know Midlands Windscreens could get them, as could most independents…happy hunting, they are still in stock …for sure :wink:

IMG_6001.PNG

NL

EST

on friday,i spotted an F10 or F12,pulling a container.driver was having a break in a lay-by on the A34. x or y reg i think. has anyone any info on that one please?

carryfast-yeti:
on friday,i spotted an F10 or F12,pulling a container.driver was having a break in a lay-by on the A34. x or y reg i think. has anyone any info on that one please?

hi,
If it’s the light blue one? he has owned it from new.From southampton.
regards andrew.

pete 359:

carryfast-yeti:

hi,
If it’s the light blue one? he has owned it from new.From southampton.
regards andrew.

sounds like that’s the one! thanks for the info andrew :slight_smile:

not all F10, but 3 old beauties found in NE Morocco. Looks like F10, F89, and poss F88.